Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tor and vm's
Special Forums Cybersecurity Tor and vm's Post 302935653 by senhortempora on Wednesday 18th of February 2015 11:24:17 AM
Old 02-18-2015
Thanks a lot Corona688. I know that nowadays, and as far behind as I know there has never been such thing as perfect security. But what I mean is, how safe would it be to do banking over tor for example?

About vmware, what I think about these big companies is that they are not caring that much if they sell or not our personal info as long as someone pays well or give them any benefits. And I don't have why to believe they wouldn't capture such information just in case too, if they don't already have a reason.

And about Windows, yes, I know that if you don't want them to have your personal detail you just don't give them. Me for example, on the other hand, don't care for some of the information I have to be used through the Microsoft systems, as I use their email personally (but I have some emails and not all on their network, and not all with private info). But there are a lot of other things, simple things like searching for info online that I don't want them to have! But I don't trust IE for example at all.

Thanks again for your response Smilie

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TOR environment variable

My profile sets the TOR variable to $(whence vi). What is TOR used for? I appreciate any help I can get. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wittich
3 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Problem with Privoxy and Tor

Greetings, I use Debian Wheezy as an OS and I have already downloaded the Tor Browser-Bundle, which works fine. As soon as a start privoxy and set the proxy to: 127.0.0.1:8118 (socks4) in the tor browser (edit-->pref-->advanced-->settings--->http-proxy) I always get a connection refused. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dr. Nick
1 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Account Register With Tor

Hello, I would be interested in creating an account on this forum. However I have run into trouble in the process, I seem to not have permission to access the registration page. It seems that this forum has blocked registration from Tor. I am wondering if there is any way I could obtain an account... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
0 Replies
USEWITHTOR(1)						      General Commands Manual						     USEWITHTOR(1)

NAME
usewithtor - Shell wrapper to simplify the use of the torsocks(8) library to transparently allow an application to use a SOCKS proxy. SYNOPSIS
usewithtor [application [application's arguments]] DESCRIPTION
usewithtor is a wrapper between the torsocks library and the application what you would like to run socksified. OPTIONS
[application [application's arguments]] run the application as specified with the environment (LD_PRELOAD) set such that torsocks(8) will transparently proxy SOCKS connec- tions in that program. USEWITHTOR VERSUS TORSOCKS
usewithtor runs torsocks(1) with the default configuration file, located at /etc/torsocks.conf. Running torsocks(1) directly means that no configuration file will be used (unless you manually set the TORSOCKS_CONF_FILE or TSOCKS_CONF_FILE environment variable), instead tor- socks(8) will use defaults that are sensible for most Tor installations. USEWITHTOR VERSUS TORIFY
usewithtor(1) and torify(1) intend to achieve the same ends for most practical purposes. However torify(1) will use a default tsocks installation if one exists. Usewithtor(1) will only ever use a torsocks(8) installation. SEE ALSO
torsocks.conf(5) torsocks(1) usewithtor(1) AUTHOR
Robert Hogan (robert@roberthogan.net).This script is very similar to torify(1), provided by the Tor project. USEWITHTOR
USEWITHTOR(1)