Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Devuan debian "Fork"
Operating Systems Linux Debian Devuan debian "Fork" Post 302935313 by Scott on Saturday 14th of February 2015 07:30:20 PM
Old 02-14-2015
The core developers of systemd seem like jerks. For Lennart Poettering to stand on stage at DebConf and blab on about how init and upstart were "systematically flawed" seems quite arrogant.

For what it does, it seems good, but it was described as the "svchost.exe" of Linux which, for anyone who's tried to figure out what the hell svchost.exe on Windows is doing, would appreciate Smilie

As for the Debian fork, "just" to maintain SysVInit as the default init, seems a bit extreme, but that's the beauty of open source - do what you want!

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Debian

Debian: doubt in "top" %CPU and "sar" output

Hi All, I am running my application on a dual cpu debian linux 3.0 (2.4.19 kernel). For my application: <sar -U ALL> CPU %user %nice %system %idle ... 10:58:04 0 153.10 0.00 38.76 0.00 10:58:04 1 3.88 0.00 4.26 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaduks
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. Programming

fork&pipe "interpretting" shell - problem

hello everybode.Got some sort of "problems" with this stuff; well this is a program int main() { int Pipe; int origStdin, origStdout; int childPID; origStdin = dup(0); origStdout = dup(1); pipe(Pipe); if( (childPID = fork()) < 0 ) { perror(... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IdleProc
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

7. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
SD_BOOTED(3)							     sd_booted							      SD_BOOTED(3)

NAME
sd_booted - Test whether the system is running the systemd init system. SYNOPSIS
#include <systemd/sd-daemon.h> int sd_booted(void); DESCRIPTION
sd_booted() checks whether the system was booted up using the systemd init system. RETURN VALUE
On failure, this call returns a negative errno-style error code. If the system was booted up with systemd as init system, this call returns a positive return value, zero otherwise. NOTES
This function is provided by the reference implementation of APIs for new-style daemons and distributed with the systemd package. The algorithm it implements is simple, and can easily be reimplemented in daemons if it is important to support this interface without using the reference implementation. Internally, this function checks whether the /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd virtual file system is mounted, by comparing the st_dev value of the stat() data of /sys/fs/cgroup and /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd. For details about the algorithm check the liberally licensed reference implementation sources: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/plain/src/sd-daemon.c resp. http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/plain/src/systemd/sd-daemon.h sd_booted() is implemented in the reference implementation's sd-daemon.c and sd-daemon.h files. These interfaces are available as shared library, which can be compiled and linked to with the libsystemd-daemon pkg-config(1) file. Alternatively, applications consuming these APIs may copy the implementation into their source tree. For more details about the reference implementation see sd_daemon(7). If the reference implementation is used as drop-in files and -DDISABLE_SYSTEMD is set during compilation this function will always return 0 and otherwise become a NOP. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), sd_daemon(7) AUTHOR
Lennart Poettering <lennart@poettering.net> Developer systemd 10/07/2013 SD_BOOTED(3)