Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to check password expiration date of particular user? Post 302935038 by rbatte1 on Thursday 12th of February 2015 12:26:30 PM
Old 02-12-2015
My HP-UX is 11.11 Smilie and stores files in /tcb/files/auth with the various details you are after. The values are stored in seconds since the Epoch (00:00:00 on 1/1/1970)

The problem you will have is that without superuser access, you are not considered trustworthy enough to know this information.

One wonders why you need to know anyway. Can you enlighten us?

Regards,
Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Password expiration warning.

Hi, Anyone know the command which identifies how long a user has before their password expires? I also need to know how I would write and expr to calculate the difference between 2 dates. e.g. 28/03/05 - 18/03/05 = 10 I was told there is a date function which shows you no of days since... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshy
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

UNIX ID Password Expiration

We are trying to implement an Password Aging system that will force UNIX Accounts to change their passwords every 3 mons or so. This will be done my our Server Support Provider. We want to identify UNIX IDs that connects to our server via ftp,scp,sftp and other special connection protocols. IN... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tads98
2 Replies

3. Solaris

password expiration

Hello can anyone explain where can be found logic for user password expiration on solaris as well as on reliant UNIX?? there is not much help of /etc/security directory..does not exist! any help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulaziz
3 Replies

4. Linux

password expiration ?!?

Hi All, I have this user on my /etc/shadow: mysql:$1$vmw4r078$4.lp6z2s0KJYHKXTuPG2x0:13556:0::12::: The 5 column is blank. Does it mean the user has no password expiration. Thanks in advance for any idea. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Expiration date of user account

Hi, How to check user account expiration account in user mode for SunOS 5.10? In Linux I can use chage command. I googled for answer for the problem but it was useless. Oskar (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: oskard
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password expiry date check for hp servers

Hi All, Can anybody help me, to find the command to check for the password expiry date for the hp servers. Thanks, Deepak (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dswain
3 Replies

7. AIX

Mail for password expiration

Hi guys, A simple question. which mecanism send an email to an unix user for the expiration of his password? Thank you! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chapel
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Password Expiration Notification

Hello, I want to write a script to check for the password expiration date in each server for the user by logging to each server and notify user through mail. If password is about to expire or if already expired , it should also be notified to user by mail. Any help or idea to build this will be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baraghun
1 Replies

9. AIX

Password expiration

Hi Admins, AIX 5.3 I know maxage value tells the system about password expiration policy. One of the user's maxage is 5 weeks.But he changed the password long backup at 2008 according to lastupdate value. Since maxage is 5, the password should expire every 5 weeks.But how come... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
4 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Password Expiration Policy

Hello Team, I am using Lubuntu & have DRBL remote boot setup with open Ldap authentication. Currently there is no password expire policy. I want to set Password Policy so that user's password will expire after a month & they will get prompt to change their password. Using PAM we can do it,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paragnehete
1 Replies
TIME(2) 						     Linux Programmer's Manual							   TIME(2)

NAME
time - get time in seconds SYNOPSIS
#include <time.h> time_t time(time_t *t); DESCRIPTION
time() returns the time as the number of seconds since the Epoch, 1970-01-01 00:00:00 +0000 (UTC). If t is non-NULL, the return value is also stored in the memory pointed to by t. RETURN VALUE
On success, the value of time in seconds since the Epoch is returned. On error, ((time_t) -1) is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EFAULT t points outside your accessible address space. CONFORMING TO
SVr4, 4.3BSD, C89, C99, POSIX.1-2001. POSIX does not specify any error conditions. NOTES
POSIX.1 defines seconds since the Epoch using a formula that approximates the number of seconds between a specified time and the Epoch. This formula takes account of the facts that all years that are evenly divisible by 4 are leap years, but years that are evenly divisible by 100 are not leap years unless they are also evenly divisible by 400, in which case they are leap years. This value is not the same as the actual number of seconds between the time and the Epoch, because of leap seconds and because system clocks are not required to be syn- chronized to a standard reference. The intention is that the interpretation of seconds since the Epoch values be consistent; see POSIX.1-2008 Rationale A.4.15 for further rationale. SEE ALSO
date(1), gettimeofday(2), ctime(3), ftime(3), time(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.44 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2011-09-09 TIME(2)