Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Busybox search replacement for find Post 302934318 by JerryHone on Friday 6th of February 2015 06:59:38 AM
Old 02-06-2015
Try creating two files with the required time stamps using the touch command and then retry the find using -newer
e.g.
Code:
touch -t 201001010001 t20100101
touch -t 201001060001 t20100106
find -type f -newer t20100101 ! -newer t20100106

This User Gave Thanks to JerryHone For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and Replacement

Hi, Im new to this forum, and also to Unix. I have a requirement like this. i have one DAT file that contains data as follows, EMPNAME, DEPT, SALARY, JOIN_DT, DEDUCTION i have one configuration file that contains data as follows, SALARY BONUS DEDUCTION (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkiran
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed script for search and replacement

New to scripting.. think i need sed to do the following but need help. have a properties files with variable i need to replace using substitution for e.g in x.properties xslt.root.dir=/apps1/test/cs.war/presentation/xsl have a shell script with following echo "Edit... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cookie23patel
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search for any number, and retain them in replacement

Hello! Here is what I am trying to do: I am taking a class at school that is using a lot of literature that is in the public domain, and available for free on the web. Rather than read them online in HTML, I have been pulling them down and quickly and dirtily tagging them up and typesetting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccox85
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

global search and replacement of a non-ascii character

Hi, I need to do a global search and replacement of a non-ascii character. Let me first give the background of my problem. Very frequently, I need to copy set of references from different sources. Typically, a reference would like this: Banumathy et al., 2002 G. Banumathy, V. Singh and U.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: effjay
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VIM search and replace with line breaks in both the target and replacement text

Hi, Ive spent ages trying to find an explanation for how to do this on the web, but now feel like I'm :wall: I would like to change each occurence (there are many within my script) of the following: to in Vim. I know how to search and replace when it is just single lines... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blueade7
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find Search - Find files not matching a pattern

Hello all, this is my first and probably not my last question around here. I do hope you can help or at least point me in the right direction. My question is as follows, I need to find files and possible folders which are not owner = AAA group = BBB with a said location and all sub folders ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kilobyter
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search: find current line, then search back

Hello. I want to find a line that has "new = 0" in it, then search back based on field $4 () in the current line, and find the first line that has field $4 and "last fetch" Grep or Awk preferred. Here is what the data looks like: 2013-12-12 12:10:30,117 TRACE last fetch: Thu Dec 12... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimBurns
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on find and replacement on specific line and position

I have a file with 100 lines. On 50 th line , from position 5 to rest of the data , I need to change the occurrence of A to B and Occurrence of M to N. Input file : Line1 Line2 Line3 -- -- 12345ABCDEFM --- -- Line 100 Output Line1 Line2 (40 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_us
40 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive replacement of search string using sed

Dear Unix Forum Group Members, Please do let me know how I can replace the double pipe with single pipe recursively on single record. Sample Input Data: DN set|Call prefix||| Called number address nature 0||| *789|||||||ALL number types 0||| 00||||||||ALL number types 10||... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinu.kadem
5 Replies
RMF(1)								     [nmh-1.5]								    RMF(1)

NAME
rmf - remove an nmh folder SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-interactive | -nointeractive] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Rmf removes all of the messages (files) within the specified (or default) folder, and then removes the folder (directory) itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not a part of nmh, they will not be removed, and an error will be produced. If the folder is given explicitly or the -nointeractive option is given, then the folder will be removed without confirmation. Otherwise, the user will be asked for confirmation. If rmf can't find the current folder, for some reason, the folder to be removed defaults to `+inbox' (unless overridden by user's profile entry "Inbox") with confirmation. If the folder being removed is a subfolder, the parent folder will become the new current folder, and rmf will produce a message telling the user this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. If rmf s used on a read-only folder, it will delete all the (private) sequences (i.e., "atr-seq-folder" entries) for this folder from your context without affecting the folder itself. Rmf irreversibly deletes messages that don't have other links, so use it with caution. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Inbox: To find the default inbox SEE ALSO
rmm(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder, usually with confirmation `-interactive' if +folder' not given, `-nointeractive' otherwise CONTEXT
Rmf will set the current folder to the parent folder if a subfolder is removed; or if the current folder is removed, it will make "inbox" current. Otherwise, it doesn't change the current folder or message. BUGS
Although intuitively one would suspect that rmf works recursively, it does not. Hence if you have a sub-folder within a folder, in order to rmf the parent, you must first rmf each of the children. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 RMF(1)