Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX inquiry for 'awk'
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIX inquiry for 'awk' Post 302934074 by steven_huskie on Wednesday 4th of February 2015 12:33:09 PM
Old 02-04-2015
RedHat UNIX inquiry for 'awk'

Hello Everyone,

May I ask for your help regarding one of the UNIX command “awk”. So I executed a script and the output looks like this (see below):

output.txt

Code:
CONTRACTNAME                                                                                                                                                           
CONTRACTKEY                                                                                      STATUS
WirelessSalesWeb use of IRISAutographService_v2_1 (2.1)                                                                                                                
58e9e440-a721-11e4-a161-901f801762ca:2579                                        Production

CONTRACTNAME                                                                                                                                                         
CONTRACTKEY                                                                                      STATUS
WirelessSalesWeb use of CreditCardMgmtService_v1_0 (1.0)                                                                                                               
0882528f-5933-11e4-9ee3-abe338c1dc06:2254                                        Production

But I want the output to be like this (neat column format):

Code:
CONTRACTNAME            CONTRACTKEY              STATUS                                                                                                                    
<result>                      <result>                     <result>

Can you help me on this?

Last edited by Corona688; 02-04-2015 at 01:46 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uniX iNQUIry from a newbie

hi, i would like to study unix but i don't have the software for me to test the scripts that i read from the book and from the internet. I would like to ask anyones help to please tell me link wer i can download for free the unix system. I would be glad to receive your replies. thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: youdexter
2 Replies

2. Programming

Performance inquiry...guestimate better approach

So, I've been told and heard a million times that malloc and free are expensive calls to be avoided. So many times I avoid malloc by reusing already allocated memory blocks. Store them on free lists somewhere myself and don't call free when I know malloc will be called very shortly thereafter. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
6 Replies

3. Linux

slave bind name resolution inquiry

hi. i configured a master and slave bind server on my vmware test network. i used nslookup to the slave name server to lookup a fake entry for network.com that the master dns set, however, the slave is resolving the real ip of www.network.com, instead of what the master dns server set. i checked... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
2 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

Firewall / Network isolation inquiry

Good morning folks, A good friend of mine has a network where every host has two paths to the file servers (two NICs & two networks for all hosts). Normally speaking, one network will be used for regular application traffic - license servers, itunes library, collaboration tools - while the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: avronius
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Offline Agents Inquiry.

Hello, I currently use Solaris, and typically I use the svcs -a | grep PROCESS to see if it's online or Offline. My questions is SVCS is in solaris but if I want to find out if a daemon or process is offline what other methods can I use? ps -ef | grep PROCESS "what do I look for" or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NelsonC
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inquiry on Grabbing info from file.

Here is another script I am trying to customize currently, this script is used to send me disk space information, but at the moment I have to enter all the servers in manually SERVER= "xxx bbb ccc" ect.. how can I script it so that the servers are called off a txt file versus me entering all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NelsonC
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Inquiry

Hi Everyone! I'm new with UNIX,so, sorry if this question seems really dumb.:( Anyway, I'd just like if it's possible to automatically inform someone (via mail or pop-up box or something) that a file has been recently uploaded/received to the UNIX box? If it is, any advice on how to get that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jam04
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Inquiry for Automatic Sending

Hi Everyone! I'm new with UNIX,so, sorry if this question seems really dumb.:( Anyway, I'd just like if it's possible to automatically inform someone (via mail or pop-up box or something) that a file has been recently uploaded/received to the UNIX box? If it is, any advice on how to get that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jam04
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Inquiry: NIS configuration setup

Hello, Good day. I would like to ask for your inputs on this scenario. Currently, we have a NIS virtual machine with a Solaris 10 (32-bit) OS. And also we have another virtual machine with the same OS. And I am asked to set-up a secondary NIS on this another VM, bring down the primary NIS and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SystemAddict
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Sun Server and Solaris 7 Inquiry

Greetings! Will be firing up the good ole pizza box, soon. Does anyone know if Solaris 7 is still okay to use? Last time I attempted was 2006. Thank you in advance, ControlTomato (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ControlTomato
6 Replies
SLEEP(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  SLEEP(1)

NAME
sleep -- suspend execution for an interval of time SYNOPSIS
sleep seconds DESCRIPTION
The sleep command suspends execution for a minimum of seconds. If the sleep command receives a signal, it takes the standard action. When the SIGINFO signal is received, the estimate of the amount of seconds left to sleep is printed on the standard output. IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
The SIGALRM signal is not handled specially by this implementation. The sleep command allows and honors a non-integer number of seconds to sleep in any form acceptable by strtod(3). This is a non-portable extension, and its use will nearly guarantee that a shell script will not execute properly on another system. EXIT STATUS
The sleep utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
To schedule the execution of a command for x number seconds later (with csh(1)): (sleep 1800; sh command_file >& errors)& This incantation would wait a half hour before running the script command_file. (See the at(1) utility.) To reiteratively run a command (with the csh(1)): while (1) if (! -r zzz.rawdata) then sleep 300 else foreach i (`ls *.rawdata`) sleep 70 awk -f collapse_data $i >> results end break endif end The scenario for a script such as this might be: a program currently running is taking longer than expected to process a series of files, and it would be nice to have another program start processing the files created by the first program as soon as it is finished (when zzz.rawdata is created). The script checks every five minutes for the file zzz.rawdata, when the file is found, then another portion processing is done courteously by sleeping for 70 seconds in between each awk job. SEE ALSO
nanosleep(2), sleep(3) STANDARDS
The sleep command is expected to be IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2'') compatible. HISTORY
A sleep command appeared in Version 4 AT&T UNIX. BSD
April 18, 1994 BSD