Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Text manipulation
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Text manipulation Post 302933779 by RudiC on Monday 2nd of February 2015 08:58:16 AM
Old 02-02-2015
You must be kidding - this is the third thread you open with the same problem.

Yes there is a script that can do this - just answer the question in your other thread.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text Manipulation.

Hi I have only ever used awk and sed for basic requirements up until now. I have had to break a log down for multiple purposes. Using awk, sed and a date script. I am left with this: (message id, time of msg attempt, message id, domain name, time of msg completion) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Icepick
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

text manipulation

I am tryin to figure out how to extract interested text from file example.txt blah blah blah a: child1 blah a: child2 blah b: parent1 blah blah blah .... blah a: child21 blah a: child22 blah a: child23 blah b: parent2 this kinda text repeats .. number of children is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkishore
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with text manipulation

Hi there, I have some text files in unix format that processed by a program in windows, and when I open them with less or vi in linux, a warn for opening binary file is prompted, and as shown in vi, between every two characters there was inserted a "^@". How can I fix this. Plus, there are over... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dustinwang2003
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text Manipulation

Greetings. Iīm a biologist and I donīt have mucho knowledge on Unix/Linux, but I need to use Cygwin to change some documents from a GenBank format to a FASTA format. GenBank format goes somthing like this: LOCUS NM_013964 2568 bp mRNA linear PRI 26-APR-2009... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanesa1230
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[HELP] Text manipulation... [HELP]

I need to know how can I remove all word after comma on each line. Like: jjkj,iiuiui,ijlkjkij,ookoo kijljlj,jhhkj,ijijkijkj,oijkijj kjkljlkj,kjkjlkjlkj,opok,okop to jjkj, kijljlj, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: slutb3
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

text manipulation help

Hello again unix.com How can I extract from a large file in format: steve@aol.com steve hawkins Location of this member is bla bla bla sun@hotmail.com Sun Ying This member is using browser bla bla bla to another text in format: steve@aol.com steve hawkins sun@hotmail.com sun ying ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: galford
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text Manipulation Help

Hello Unix.com, I have a text in format: john sara lee How can I make it: john:john john:john1 john:john12 john:john123 sara:sara sara:sara12 sara:sara123 and so on (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text manipulation help

Hello unix.com users, I have a ip file (line-by-line). How can I delete the ips that keep repeating by mark XXX.XXX.XXX.* ... I want to erase only the lines that keep repeating more than 2 times. Example: 1.2.3.1 1.2.3.2 1.2.3.3 I want to erase all ips blocks that are repeating by C... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text manipulation help

Hello again, I have a problem manipulating a large text document and there is no way I could edit this document by hand. Format is: Address : XXXX N 37 Ave, Hollywood, FL, 33021 Phone: XXX3190XXX Player: XXXXXX Character: Jaramillo DOB: June-14-1995 ----- Name: Alexandra Ticket... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help text manipulation

Hello Forum , I need a help about text manupulation. I have a text file and I have to manipulate this file. Let's say source.txt source.txt UNB+UNOC:3+O0013000005MAN MN RVS:91+0098006688:92+190304:2313+F004169241' UNH+8146848+DELJIT:D:96A:UN' BGM+307:::JIS_SYNCRO_FIRM+2019030423234101+9'... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cemokam65
8 Replies
pthread_launch_policy_np(3T)											      pthread_launch_policy_np(3T)

NAME
pthread_launch_policy_np() - setting thread launch policies SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
request This parameter determines the precise action to be taken by these functions. answer This parameter is an output parameter in which values are returned. The meaning of answer depends on request parameter. tid This parameter gives the value of the thread id for certain requests. DESCRIPTION
Each process shall have a launch policy. Each thread shall have a launch policy. The launch policy for a thread does not have to match the launch policy for the process. The launch policy determines the locality domain where the newly created process or thread will be launched in a ccNUMA system. The locality domains covered by a process's or thread's processor set are the available locality domains. The function sets a thread launch policy for a specific thread. The thread specified by tid is the target thread whose launch policy is changed. The value can be used to refer to the calling thread. is currently not supported for threads. If is used on a thread, it is silently ignored and zero is returned for successful completion. When a process creates another process (via or the child process will inherit the parent process's launch policy. The initial thread in the child process will inherit the launch policy of the creating thread (and not that of its process). Other threads in a multi-threaded process inherit their launch policy from the creating thread. For all launch policies, the target thread is bound to the locality domain on which it was launched. The target is allowed to execute on any processor within that locality domain. When setting a launch policy, if the target already has processor or locality domain binding, the existing binding will not be overwritten. Instead the locality domain in which the target is bound (whether locality domain binding or processor binding) will be used as the start- ing locality domain for implementing the launch policy. Refer to mpctl(2) man page for further details on launch policies. Note: locality domains are tightly tied to the physical components of the underlying system. As a result, the performance observed when using launch policies based on locality domains may vary from system to system. For example, a system which contains 4 locality domains, each containing 32 processors, may exhibit different performance behaviors from a system that contains 32 locality domains with 4 proces- sors per domain. The launch policy that provides optimal performance on one system may not provide optimal performance on a different sys- tem for the same application. The request parameter specifies the action to take and may be one of the following: The current launch policy of the target thread is returned in the answer parameter. This request currently returns or to indicate the current launch policy of the thread specified by tid. Other launch policies may be added in future releases and returned via this option. Applications using this option should be written to handle other return values in order to continue working on future releases. This request establishes a round robin launch policy for the specified thread. The successive child threads of the specified thread will be launched on different locality domains in a round robin manner until all available locality domains have been used by threads in the launch tree. At that point, the selection of locality domains begins again from the original locality domain. The answer parameter is ignored. This request establishes a fill first launch policy for the specified thread. The successive child threads of the specified thread will be launched on the same locality domain as their parent thread until one thread has been created for each available processor in the domain. At that point, a new locality domain is selected and successive threads are launched there until there is one thread per processor. All available locality domains will be used before the original domain is selected again. The answer parameter is ignored. This request establishes a packed launch policy for the specified thread. The successive child threads are launched on the same locality domain as their parent thread. The answer parameter is ignored. This request establishes a least loaded launch policy for the specified thread. The successive child threads are launched on the least loaded locality domain in the processor set regardless of the location of their parent thread. The answer parameter is ignored. This request establishes a tree based round robin launch policy for the specified thread. This request differs from in which threads become part of the launch tree. This launch policy includes all descendents of the target thread in the launch tree. The answer parameter is ignored. This request establishes a tree based fill first launch policy for the specified thread. This request differs from in which threads become part of the launch tree. This launch policy includes all descendents of the target thread in the launch tree. The answer parameter is ignored. This request unsets any launch policy in the thread. The system will employ a default, optimal policy in determining where the newly created thread will be launched. The existing binding of the thread is not changed. The answer parameter is ignored. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the function returns the corresponding error number: [EINVAL] The request parameter contains an illegal value. [EINVAL] The value specified by answer is illegal. [ESRCH] No thread could be found in the current process that matches the thread ID specified in tid. WARNINGS
is currently not supported for threads. If is used on a thread, it is silently ignored and zero is returned for successful completion. If the request parameter is answer is set to For all other request values, answer parameter is ignored. Applications dependent on the complete implementation of should use threads. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
mpctl(2), sleep(3C), rtsched(2). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_launch_policy_np(3T)