Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cannot run git nor brew: 'SSL: can't load CA certificate file ~/Documents/Certificates.pem' Post 302931702 by isaac_caswell on Wednesday 14th of January 2015 07:08:47 PM
Old 01-14-2015
Thank you Bakunin for your explanations and help!

There remains however the fundamental problem: Why isn't it finding Certificates.pem? A file by this name does indeed exist in ~/Documents/.

You write the possible reasons are "the browser process has insufficient privileges to access it or something else prevents the process from poperly reading it"--how might I go about finding this?

Furthermore,
Code:
sudo find / -type f -name "brew" -print

has been running for about half an hour now--is that normal?:

Code:
 $ sudo find / -type f -name "brew" -print
Password:
find: /dev/fd/3: Not a directory
find: /dev/fd/4: Not a directory
[cursor]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

SSL certificate

Dear All Anyone know how to issue two different certification on apache virtualhost fyi i have one virtualhost eg 69.192.1.25:443 already signed with verisign how can i configure another virtualhost 69.192.1.25:443 which signing with another certificate which self signing. i search net not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: netxus
1 Replies

2. AIX

Installing SSL certificate on AIX

Hello, I am new in UNIX, and some one asks me to install SSL certificates to allow exchange with an external system. Can someone tell how to install certificate (ex : verisignxxx.cer) on a UNIX server? Many thanks. Tibo (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tibo51
4 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

expiration of SSL Certificates

Does anyone know how to extract the expiration date of a Solaris 9 certificate? I have searched over the 'net and it seems this command ssl-cert-check comes up often but this does not work on my servers. Not sure how to extraxt the expiration dates of the SSL Certs so if anyone can help that would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluridge
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VSFTPD & SSL Certificates

Hello all :b: I need a little advice on securing my VSFTPD server. I currently have it setup and working using a self signed certificate by following instructions on the net and im happy with it to a certain extent. One of my clients is not... He said he cannot connect to the server unless... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
1 Replies

5. AIX

Creation of SSL certificates

Can someone guide me as to how SSL certificates are created for a new AIX box? I am a novice to system administration. Thanks in advance Gayathri (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
1 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

SSL certificate

Hi guys. I have some questions about ssl certificates. I looked at SSL providers and saw that they are providing 2 types of certificates: per server or per domain. my server host name is: srv1.example.com I have a smtp, imap, web server on this box. but all services accessed by different... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
1 Replies

7. Web Development

export SSL certificate

we are doing TCP for our systems. I have a working SSL certificate on prodction webserver. Im planning to export it to our DR server for TCP purposes. However when I export based on the procedure below, it doesn't work. When I restart the DR webserver, it still says the certifcate is expired.Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing SSL certificates on Ubuntu Server 12.04

Hi everyone, I am working on a Nginx + Apache installation for learning purposes, and just got to the point of installing a self-signed certificate for securing some pages that will be used to send "sensitive" information such as login credentials. So far so good. What a I want to know is how can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gacanepa
2 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

SSL Certificate Stores

Hey everyone, I'm trying to get a lay of the land for OS and Application Certificate Stores. Can someone confirm that I have this concept right? If the application you're using say Firefox has it's own trusted CA store, it uses that exclusively. So if you're running firefox in Windows, Firefox... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
4 Replies

10. Web Development

CronJobs issues after SSL certificate

Hello! I had a cron job running on my website, activating a php script every friday. The Php script just activated another photo to add in the gallery. It worked fine until I got an SSL certificate for my website, then everything broke. This was the command before: lynx -source... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AGDesign
0 Replies
NSEQ(1) 							      OpenSSL								   NSEQ(1)

NAME
nseq - create or examine a netscape certificate sequence SYNOPSIS
openssl nseq [-in filename] [-out filename] [-toseq] DESCRIPTION
The nseq command takes a file containing a Netscape certificate sequence and prints out the certificates contained in it or takes a file of certificates and converts it into a Netscape certificate sequence. COMMAND OPTIONS
-in filename This specifies the input filename to read or standard input if this option is not specified. -out filename specifies the output filename or standard output by default. -toseq normally a Netscape certificate sequence will be input and the output is the certificates contained in it. With the -toseq option the situation is reversed: a Netscape certificate sequence is created from a file of certificates. EXAMPLES
Output the certificates in a Netscape certificate sequence openssl nseq -in nseq.pem -out certs.pem Create a Netscape certificate sequence openssl nseq -in certs.pem -toseq -out nseq.pem NOTES
The PEM encoded form uses the same headers and footers as a certificate: -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- -----END CERTIFICATE----- A Netscape certificate sequence is a Netscape specific form that can be sent to browsers as an alternative to the standard PKCS#7 format when several certificates are sent to the browser: for example during certificate enrollment. It is used by Netscape certificate server for example. BUGS
This program needs a few more options: like allowing DER or PEM input and output files and allowing multiple certificate files to be used. 50 2013-03-05 NSEQ(1)