Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Hardware RAID using three disks Post 302931647 by hicksd8 on Wednesday 14th of January 2015 10:08:12 AM
Old 01-14-2015
@MadeInGermany........good point. Thanks. From a previous, but related, thread we know the system is ufs not zfs.
This User Gave Thanks to hicksd8 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Hardware RAID

I don't understood why on SPARC-Platforms have not present RAID-Controller ? Sorry for my bad english, but it's crazy always setup software RAID !!! I whanna Hardware RAID and when i can find solution ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
7 Replies

2. Red Hat

IBM RAID disks

We have a Red Hat linux server running on IBM x445 hardware. There are external disks in an IBM EXP300 disk enclosure. The system is running RAID 5. One of the four IBM disks (73.4 GB 10k FRU 06P5760) has become faulty. The system is still up and running OK because of the RAID. In that same EXP300... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdudley
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Move disks to different StorEdge, keeping RAID

Hi. I need to move a 5 disk RAID5 array from a SE3310 box to a different SE3310 array. After installing the disks in the "new" StorEdge device, I "would like" ;) to be able have access to the data which is on the RAID. Essentially, the quesion is, how can this be done? :confused: I checked... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexs77
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RAID software vs hardware RAID

Hi Can someone tell me what are the differences between software and hardware raid ? thx for help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris not recognizing RAID 5 disks

I've just installed Sol 10 Update 9 on a Sun 4140 server and have a RAID 1 configuration (2 136 Gb drives) for the OS and have created a RAID 5 array (6 136 GB) drives. When i log into the system I am unable to see the RAID 5 disks at all. I've tried using the devfsadm command but no luck and... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: goose25
9 Replies

6. AIX

SCSI PCI - X RAID Controller card RAID 5 AIX Disks disappeared

Hello, I have a scsi pci x raid controller card on which I had created a disk array of 3 disks when I type lspv ; I used to see 3 physical disks ( two local disks and one raid 5 disk ) suddenly the raid 5 disk array disappeared ; so the hardware engineer thought the problem was with SCSI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Software RAID on top of Hardware RAID

Server Model: T5120 with 146G x4 disks. OS: Solaris 10 - installed on c1t0d0. Plan to use software raid (veritas volume mgr) on c1t2d0 disk. After format and label the disk, still not able to detect using vxdiskadm. Question: Should I remove the hardware raid on c1t2d0 first? My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 Installation - Disks missing, and Raid

Hey everyone. First, let me start by saying I'm primarily focused on linux boxes, and just happened to get pulled into building two T5220's. I'm not super educated on sun boxes. Both T5220's have 8 146GB 15k SAS drives. Inside the service processor, I can run SHOW /SYS/HDD{0-7} and they all come... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msarro
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Hardware raid patching

Dear All , we have hardware raid 1 implemented on Solaris Disks. We need to patch the Servers. Kindly let me know how to patch hardware raid implemented Servers. Thanks... Rj (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
7 Replies
thread_halt_self(9r)													      thread_halt_self(9r)

NAME
thread_halt_self - General: Handles asynchronous traps for self-terminating kernel threads SYNOPSIS
void thread_halt_self( void ); ARGUMENTS
None DESCRIPTION
The thread_halt_self routine performs the work associated with a variety of asynchronous traps (ASTs) for a kernel thread that terminates itself. A kernel thread terminates itself (or one kernel thread terminates another kernel thread) by calling the thread_terminate routine. The thread_halt_self routine examines the AST-related member of the thread structure pointer associated with the kernel thread that wants to terminate itself. This thread structure pointer was returned in a previous call to kernel_isrthread or kernel_thread_w_arg and passed by you to the thread_terminate routine. This AST-related member is set to a bit that identifies the specific AST trap associated with this kernel thread. Based on the AST bit set in this member, thread_halt_self does the appropriate cleanup work before the kernel thread exits from the kernel. NOTES
A kernel thread that terminates itself must call thread_halt_self immediately after the call to thread_terminate. The reason for this is that thread_terminate only prepares the self-terminating kernel thread to stop execution. The thread_halt_self routine completes the work needed to stop execution of the self-terminating kernel thread by performing the appropriate cleanup work. RETURN VALUES
None SEE ALSO
Routines: thread_terminate(9r) thread_halt_self(9r)