Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Displaying command return in one line Post 302931470 by S. BASU on Tuesday 13th of January 2015 09:35:38 AM
Old 01-13-2015
Tried setting the line size using myriad commands. However I keep getting the error message 'linesize option not a valid number' which is really weird since I am giving 400 which is definitely a valid number.

To be clear I am launching both queries together which is:

set lines 400;SELECT <column_name> FROM <table_name>;

This is because I ideally would not like to again have to create a script file (since that would mean an extra component.

Anywhere specific that I could be going wrong?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

displaying the first line?

how do i display just the first line of a file with the cat command or any command for that matter (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imuuk
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

displaying the path in the command line

Hi all, Does anyone know how to ammend the .cshrc file in $HOME for your session to display the path as part of the command line? So that I dont need to keep on typing pwd to see where I am? thanks Ocelot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

displaying mutliple fields on command line

This is probably the dumbest question you guys can get, but I'm trying, as a complete noob, to display the unix calendar for all the months without Saturday and Sunday showing. How can I remove those fields without having to type all the fields in individually such as: cal -y | awk '{print $2,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trellot
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Displaying Return Codes

This is a high-level explanation, if more details are needed, please do not hesitate to ask. I have a set of .ctl files which I want to execute: AV1.ctl AV2.ctl AV3.ctl I have a script which has a for loop in it: for filename in AV1 AV2 AV3 do . execute_another_script.sh done ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hern14
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to pick up the Return Code ( RC) from the mailx command and return it to SAS uisng 's

Hi All, Can anyone please let me know the syntax / how to pick up the Return Code ( RC) from the mailx command and return it to SAS uisng 'system()' function and '${?}'. I am in a process to send the mail automatically with an attachment to bulk users. I have used 'Mailx' and 'Unencode'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a line including Variable & Carriage Return / sed command as Variable

I want to instert Category:XXXXX into the 2. line something like this should work, but I have somewhere the wrong sytanx. something with the linebreak goes wrong: sed "2i\\${n}Category:$cat\n" Sample: Titel Blahh Blahh abllk sdhsd sjdhf Blahh Blah Blahh Blahh Should look like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the return code of subroutines executed as standalone as command line in Perl ?

How to do I get the return code of a subroutine in a perl module if invoke the subroutine as standalone, I have an module say TestExit.pm and in that i have a subroutine say myTest() which is returns 12, if i were to call the subroutine from command line like CASE:1 ( Without an explict... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ennstate
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can grep command return word instead of complete line

Hi Is there any way GREP command can return word and not complete line. My file has following data: Hello Everyone I am NitinrajSrivastava Hi Friends Welcome VrajSrivastava I am using grep 'raj' which is returning me complete line.However I want only the word having keyword 'raj'. Required... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why sed command deletes last line in a file if no carriage return?

Hi I am using sed command to make SCORE=somevalue to SCORE=blank in a file. Please see the attached lastline.txt file. After executing the below command on the file, it removes the last line. cat lastline.txt | sed 's/SCORE=.*$/SCORE=/g' > newfile.txt Why does sed command remove the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok.k
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk Command to add Carriage Return and Line Feed

Hello, Can someone please share a Simple AWK command to append Carriage Return & Line Feed to the end of the file, If the Carriage Return & Line Feed does not exist ! Thanks (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosebud123
16 Replies
restorefont(1)							Svgalib User Manual						    restorefont(1)

NAME
restorefont - save or restore the SVGA font for textmode. SYNOPSIS
restorefont {-r|-w} filename DESCRIPTION
The font used by SVGA when in textmode is written to or restored from filename using the vga_gettextfont(3) and vga_puttextfont(3) func- tions. FILE FORMAT
The VGA font file filename has the following format: Offset: 0 - 31 Character 0 ... ... 8164 - 8195 Character 255 Each row of a character bitmap is stored as a byte (8 pixels). The space that is left from the 32-byte buffer for each character is ignored, e.g. a 16 line font uses only offsets 0 - 15 of each character. Linux textmode screen resolutions: 80x25 16 line font 400 scanlines 80x28 14 line font 400 scanlines 80x50 8 line font 400 scanlines The font sizes and resolutions of extended textmodes depend on the video card type and BIOS: 132x25 14 line font 350 scanlines (ugly) 132x25 16 line font 400 scanlines 132x43 8 line font 350 scanlines (use fix132x43 to fix/improve) 132x50 8 line font 400 scanlines Using a font that has less lines per character than the textmode works, but the characters are smaller. Using a font that is bigger than the textmode font results in the bottom part of characters being cut off. The svgalib distribution contains sample fonts with 8, 14 and 16 line characters in the files utils/font8, utils/font14, and utils/font16. The convfont (1) program can be used to convert fonts straightforwardly stored character-after-character (i.e. each character only uses 8/14/whatever bytes), to the 32-byte per character format that restorefont requires. The purpose of this program is usually to recover from a crashed console due to an svgalib, Xfree or other program bug. First save the state of the SVGA card when on a text console. After the crash restore this state. The savetextmode(1) and textmode(1) script makes this procedure very easy. The national/fontpak packages, which include kernel patches, allow different textmode fonts to be used in different virtual consoles. These have been superseded by the kbd package (in the kernel since ages). See the setfont(8) utility of the kbd package as a starting point. Recent kernels support up to 2 fonts with 512 chars each. Recent versions of svgalib take this into account and extend the size of the datafile accordingly. OPTIONS
-w filename write the font to the file filename. -r filename restore the font from the file filename. SEE ALSO
svgalib(7), vgagl(7), libvga.config(5), setfont(8), vga_gettextfont(3), vga_puttextfont(3), dumpreg(1), convfont(1), fix132x43(1), restore- textmode(1), restorepalette(1), runx(1), savetextmode(1), setmclk(1), textmode(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was edited by Michael Weller <eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de>. The exact source of the referenced utility as well as of the original documentation is unknown. It is very likely that both are at least to some extent are due to Harm Hanemaayer <H.Hanemaayer@inter.nl.net>. Occasionally this might be wrong. I hereby asked to be excused by the original author and will happily accept any additions or corrections to this first version of the svgalib manual. Svgalib (>;= 1.2.11) 2 Aug 1997 restorefont(1)