Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Displaying command return in one line Post 302931456 by CarloM on Tuesday 13th of January 2015 08:25:04 AM
Old 01-13-2015
echo is not producing any output - sqlplus is.

Try:
Code:
sqloutput=$(echo "SELECT FIELD01 FROM TABLE_NAME;" | sqlplus -s <login>/<password>@<CONNECTION_NAME>)
echo $sqloutput

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

displaying the first line?

how do i display just the first line of a file with the cat command or any command for that matter (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imuuk
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

displaying the path in the command line

Hi all, Does anyone know how to ammend the .cshrc file in $HOME for your session to display the path as part of the command line? So that I dont need to keep on typing pwd to see where I am? thanks Ocelot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

displaying mutliple fields on command line

This is probably the dumbest question you guys can get, but I'm trying, as a complete noob, to display the unix calendar for all the months without Saturday and Sunday showing. How can I remove those fields without having to type all the fields in individually such as: cal -y | awk '{print $2,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trellot
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Displaying Return Codes

This is a high-level explanation, if more details are needed, please do not hesitate to ask. I have a set of .ctl files which I want to execute: AV1.ctl AV2.ctl AV3.ctl I have a script which has a for loop in it: for filename in AV1 AV2 AV3 do . execute_another_script.sh done ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hern14
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to pick up the Return Code ( RC) from the mailx command and return it to SAS uisng 's

Hi All, Can anyone please let me know the syntax / how to pick up the Return Code ( RC) from the mailx command and return it to SAS uisng 'system()' function and '${?}'. I am in a process to send the mail automatically with an attachment to bulk users. I have used 'Mailx' and 'Unencode'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a line including Variable & Carriage Return / sed command as Variable

I want to instert Category:XXXXX into the 2. line something like this should work, but I have somewhere the wrong sytanx. something with the linebreak goes wrong: sed "2i\\${n}Category:$cat\n" Sample: Titel Blahh Blahh abllk sdhsd sjdhf Blahh Blah Blahh Blahh Should look like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the return code of subroutines executed as standalone as command line in Perl ?

How to do I get the return code of a subroutine in a perl module if invoke the subroutine as standalone, I have an module say TestExit.pm and in that i have a subroutine say myTest() which is returns 12, if i were to call the subroutine from command line like CASE:1 ( Without an explict... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ennstate
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can grep command return word instead of complete line

Hi Is there any way GREP command can return word and not complete line. My file has following data: Hello Everyone I am NitinrajSrivastava Hi Friends Welcome VrajSrivastava I am using grep 'raj' which is returning me complete line.However I want only the word having keyword 'raj'. Required... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why sed command deletes last line in a file if no carriage return?

Hi I am using sed command to make SCORE=somevalue to SCORE=blank in a file. Please see the attached lastline.txt file. After executing the below command on the file, it removes the last line. cat lastline.txt | sed 's/SCORE=.*$/SCORE=/g' > newfile.txt Why does sed command remove the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok.k
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk Command to add Carriage Return and Line Feed

Hello, Can someone please share a Simple AWK command to append Carriage Return & Line Feed to the end of the file, If the Carriage Return & Line Feed does not exist ! Thanks (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosebud123
16 Replies
echo(3XCURSES)						  X/Open Curses Library Functions					    echo(3XCURSES)

NAME
echo, noecho - enable/disable terminal echo SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int echo(void); int noecho(void); DESCRIPTION
The echo() function enables Echo mode for the current screen. The noecho() function disables Echo mode for the current screen. Initially, curses software echo mode is enabled and hardware echo mode of the tty driver is disabled. The echo() and noecho() functions control soft- ware echo only. Hardware echo must remain disabled for the duration of the application, else the behavior is undefined. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, these functions return OK. Otherwise, they return ERR. ERRORS
No errors are defined. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getch(3XCURSES), getstr(3XCURSES), initscr(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), scanw(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jun 2002 echo(3XCURSES)