Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Request: How to Parse dynamic SQL query to pad extra columns to match the fixed number of columns Post 302930928 by vikas_trl on Thursday 8th of January 2015 03:23:12 PM
Old 01-08-2015
Identifying columns individually in the query to load into array is the problem I see here. Because I need to pick some delimiter for identifying columns. I can not choose ',' or 'AS' as they are used by other sql functions like coalesce and cast.
Also there is no guarantee that the columns will be one per line. They may include multiple columns in the same line.

Input file can be like this
Code:
SELECT
A AS COL1,COALESCE(B ,'123') AS COL2,CAST(C AS TIMESTAMP(0)) AS COL3
FROM TABLE
WHERE X = Y AND Z > (SELECT A FROM TABLE2);

or

Code:
SELECT
A AS COL1,
COALESCE(B ,'123') AS COL2,
CAST(C AS TIMESTAMP(0)) AS COL3
FROM TABLE
WHERE X = Y AND Z > (SELECT A FROM TABLE2);

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic SQL query based on shell script parameters

Hi, I need a script that will run a dynamic Oracle SQL. Dynamic meaning the SQL statement depends on the parameter. For instance, something like this: #!/bin/ksh -x # Set environment . /home/mine/set_vars sqlplus $LOGINID <<! >> /home/mine/log.txt select count(1) from $1 where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laiko
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove extra characters and sum the columns

I have data extracted like this: A=%123% B=%456% C=%789% A=%111% B=%222% C=%333% A=%777% B=%888% C=%999% Can someone please help me with a script to remove all the % signs and get the totals for A, B and C. So output will be: A=1368 B=666 C=2664 Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tatchel
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting a huge line of file into multiple lines with fixed number of columns

Hi, I have a huge file with a single line. But I want to break that line into lines of with each line having five columns. My file is like this: code: "hi","there","how","are","you?","It","was","great","working","with","you.","hope","to","work","you." I want it like this: code:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add extra columns help

Hi Gurus, This below script adds a column extra to my flat file..But how can i add another column, Say if i just put mention an other column beside the first column..it does get generated but as one column only while IFS="" read r; do printf "dummy\t%s\n" "$r" done < xxx.txt > zzz.txt ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: saggiboy10
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse fixed-width columns which may include empty fields?

I am trying to selectively display several columns from a db2 query, which gives me a fixed-width output (partial output listed here): --------- -------------------------- ------------ ------ 000 0000000000198012 702 29 000 0000000000198013 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahsh79
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match on columns and replace other columns

Hi Friends, I have the following input file cat input chr1 100 200 0.1 0.2 na 1 na nd chr1 105 200 0.1 0.2 1 1 na 98 chr1 110 290 nf 1 na nd na 1 chr2 130 150 12 3 na 1 na 1 chr3 450 600 nf nf na 10 na nd chr4 300 330 1 1 10 11 23 34 My requirement is 1. If $6 is na make $7 nd and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting values of 2 columns from sql query in UNIX variables

Hi, I have connected to oracle database with sqlplus -s / <<EOF select ename, age from emp where empid=1234; EOF I want to save the values of ename and age in unix shell variables. Any pointers would be welcome.. Thanks in advance!!1 Cheers :):):):) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gonchusirsa
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Evaluate 2 columns, add sum IF two columns match on two rows

Hi all, I know this sounds suspiciously like a homework course; but, it is not. My goal is to take a file, and match my "ID" column to the "Date" column, if those conditions are true, add the total number of minutes worked and place it in this file, while not printing the original rows that I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtucker6784
6 Replies

9. Programming

Query SQL get two values differents from the same columns

Hi, I have 2 different values in the same column and two different values in other column Query 1 ins name value 1 Test 12345 1 TestV1 12/10/2014 8 Test 85435 8 TestV1 11/11/2005 9 Test 42232 9 TestV1 19/10/2000 6 Test 54321... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: faka
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding columns from 2 files with variable number of columns

I have two files, file1 and file2 who have identical number of rows and columns. However, the script is supposed to be used for for different files and I cannot know the format in advance. Also, the number of columns changes within the file, some rows have more and some less columns (they are... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: maya3
13 Replies
IFX_PREPARE(3)								 1							    IFX_PREPARE(3)

ifx_prepare - Prepare an SQL-statement for execution

SYNOPSIS
resource ifx_prepare (string $query, resource $link_identifier, [int $cursor_def], mixed $blobidarray) DESCRIPTION
Prepares a $query for later use with ifx_do(3). For "select-type" queries a cursor is declared and opened. Non-select queries are "execute immediate". For either query type the number of (estimated or real) affected rows is saved for retrieval by ifx_affected_rows(3). If the contents of the TEXT (or BYTE) column allow it, you can also use ifx_textasvarchar(1) and ifx_byteasvarchar(1). This allows you to treat TEXT (or BYTE) columns just as if they were ordinary (but long) VARCHAR columns for select queries, and you don't need to bother with blob id's. With ifx_textasvarchar(0) or ifx_byteasvarchar(0) (the default situation), select queries will return BLOB columns as blob id's (integer value). You can get the value of the blob as a string or file with the blob functions (see below). PARAMETERS
o $query - The query string. o $link_identifier - The link identifier. o $cursor_def - This optional parameter allows you to make this a scroll and/or hold cursor. It's a bitmask and can be either IFX_SCROLL, IFX_HOLD, or both or'ed together. o $blobidarray - If you have BLOB (BYTE or TEXT) columns in the query, you can add a $blobidarray parameter containing the corresponding "blob ids", and you should replace those columns with a "?" in the query text. RETURN VALUES
Returns a valid result identifier for use by ifx_do(3), or FALSE on errors. SEE ALSO
ifx_do(3). PHP Documentation Group IFX_PREPARE(3)