Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Strange Keyboard and Mouse Issue Post 302930840 by mrm5102 on Wednesday 7th of January 2015 04:44:02 PM
Old 01-07-2015
Hey Corona, thanks for the reply.

Yes, you are correct about the Mini-PC it does use a small 5-volt power supply. That could be a possibility I suppose...

Also, I'm pretty sure my dmesg output also gets saved to the messages log file like you had said. So I'll attach my /var/log/messages file.
I'm pretty sure the data from dmesg shows in /var/log/messages as "kernel: [#####.#####] ......" messages.

One thing about this file that you'll notice... Since the only way to really power-off the CuBox completely is to unplug the power from it after
issuing a shutdown, the current date and time are not kept up on during the boot up, and the actual time doesn't show in the log until the Network
is up and NTP has started.

So in the attachment you'll notice the start date during the bootup is 2014-07-08 at 00:00:00... Then once NTP starts the time gets changed
to the actual time.

And of course, I just got back from my lunch break and before I left I rebooted the PC in hopes of stopping the issue and of course when I got
back all was fine. So I'll have to wait till it starts happening again to get those things you were asking about.

Also, the keyboard and mouse are just regular wired USB devices, so I'm not using wireless ones...

But here is the output from lsmod:
Code:
# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
bnep                   18791  2 
bluetooth             235913  5 bnep
rfkill                 24250  2 bluetooth
6lowpan_iphc           17172  1 bluetooth
ir_lirc_codec          13150  0 
lirc_dev               20316  1 ir_lirc_codec
ir_jvc_decoder         12715  0 
ir_mce_kbd_decoder     13047  0 
ir_nec_decoder         12715  0 
ir_sanyo_decoder       12721  0 
ir_sony_decoder        12718  0 
ir_rc6_decoder         12715  0 
ir_rc5_decoder         12715  0 
joydev                 17772  0 
pl2303                 14006  0 
cdc_acm                24126  2 
gpio_ir_recv           13139  0 
scsi_dh_alua           18125  0 
scsi_dh_emc            14188  0 
scsi_dh_rdac           14496  0 
scsi_dh_hp_sw          13378  0

Thanks again Corona for the reply, much appreciated!

Thanks,
Matt

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP-UX 11.11: X doesn't recognize mouse and keyboard

hi folks, i've got a blank hp visualize C3000 workstation and installed HP-UX 11.11. When I want to start X, I get the following error message: # X Fatal server error: Couldn't open X pointer device! Is one attached? I've connected an mouse and a keyboard with an usb/ps2 connector.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grisu
5 Replies

2. Programming

How to get capture input events from keyboard and mouse

Hi, Is there any way to capture/record the input events from keyboard, as well as from mouse using C. Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yhacks
4 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

mouse/keyboard wrist lesions.

Anyone ever had any problem related to wrist lesions caused by keyboard or mouse? Tendinitis? Tenosynovitis? How long it lasted? How did it go away? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redoubtable
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris don't boot without mouse and keyboard

Hi guys, I've installed Solaris 10 (SunOS 5.10) in a x86 box. I will put this box as a home server to store my files/backups/whatterver shared stuff replacing my old NetBSD machine. But, after installed and correctly configured, when I tried to boot this box without keybord and mouse (USB both),... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Timmerman
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check keyboard and mouse activity

I need help from someone that is good at making scripts. I'm trying to make a script file that checks for keyboard and mouse activity during 1 am to 8 am and logs you off if it detects activity. I can't find anything useful in google. ---------- Post updated 06-30-10 at 12:33 AM ----------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

6. SCO

X Server -> keyboard and mouse are freezing

hi I've configured X Server using Video Configuration Manager on SCO 5.0.6, but the keyboard and mouse are freezing after 5 minutes on the graphical login mask. ---------- Post updated at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:43 AM ---------- BTW I finished the configuration,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
2 Replies

7. AIX

Keyboard Mouse Display not working with Pseries

Hello, Just got a refurbished Pseries when I boot the machine , everything is okay, that is no attention light and panel shows 01 B N but there is nothing on the display ( monitor / console ) which is plugged into the video card port of pseries. The display is empty.... The keyboard... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Keyboard vs mouse

Which Input device do you use the most ? for me... keyboard ofcourse !! (56 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpraveen84
56 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run command if no mouse or keyboard input

I would like a script that would run pm-suspend if there has been no keyboard or mouse input for a specified time. ------ Post updated at 11:17 AM ------ Never mind. I found a setting in power management that does what I need. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
0 Replies
DOVEADM-LOG(1)							      Dovecot							    DOVEADM-LOG(1)

NAME
doveadm-log - Locate, test or reopen Dovecot's log files SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] log errors doveadm [-Dv] log find [directory] doveadm [-Dv] log reopen doveadm [-Dv] log test DESCRIPTION
The doveadm log commands are used to locate and reopen the log files of dovecot(1). It's also possible to test the configured targets of the *log_path settings. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. COMMANDS
log errors doveadm log errors The log errors command is used to show the last - up to 1,000 - errors and warnings. If no output is generated, no errors have occurred since the last start. log find doveadm log find [directory] The log find command is used to show the location of the log files, to which dovecot(1) sends its log messages. If dovecot(1) logs its messages through syslogd(8) and doveadm(1) could not find any log files, you can specify the directory where your syslogd writes its log files. log reopen doveadm log reopen This command causes doveadm to reopen all log files, configured in the log_path, info_log_path and debug_log_path settings. These settings are configured in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-logging.conf. This is for example useful after manually rotating the log files. log test doveadm log test This command causes doveadm to write the message "This is Dovecot's priority log (timestamp)" to the configured log files. The used prior- ities are: debug, info, warning, error and fatal. EXAMPLE
This example shows how to locate the log files used by dovecot(1). doveadm log find Looking for log files from /var/log Debug: /var/log/dovecot.debug Info: /var/log/mail.log Warning: /var/log/mail.log Error: /var/log/mail.log Fatal: /var/log/mail.log REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1) Dovecot v2.1 2012-02-22 DOVEADM-LOG(1)