Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Strange Keyboard and Mouse Issue Post 302930836 by Corona688 on Wednesday 7th of January 2015 04:00:56 PM
Old 01-07-2015
The keyboard and mice aren't wireless, are they? I suppose you've already tried using a different keyboard and mouse.

Can you run dmesg when this starts? I/O errors and the like might appear at the end when things act up. It's not saved between reboots unless syslog has been configured to send it into messages or the like.

lsmod might also be useful, to see what USB drivers you have loaded.

I notice this is a small embedded PC powered by a little 5 volt power supply. I wonder if this would make it more sensitive to power line noise or not.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP-UX 11.11: X doesn't recognize mouse and keyboard

hi folks, i've got a blank hp visualize C3000 workstation and installed HP-UX 11.11. When I want to start X, I get the following error message: # X Fatal server error: Couldn't open X pointer device! Is one attached? I've connected an mouse and a keyboard with an usb/ps2 connector.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grisu
5 Replies

2. Programming

How to get capture input events from keyboard and mouse

Hi, Is there any way to capture/record the input events from keyboard, as well as from mouse using C. Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yhacks
4 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

mouse/keyboard wrist lesions.

Anyone ever had any problem related to wrist lesions caused by keyboard or mouse? Tendinitis? Tenosynovitis? How long it lasted? How did it go away? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redoubtable
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris don't boot without mouse and keyboard

Hi guys, I've installed Solaris 10 (SunOS 5.10) in a x86 box. I will put this box as a home server to store my files/backups/whatterver shared stuff replacing my old NetBSD machine. But, after installed and correctly configured, when I tried to boot this box without keybord and mouse (USB both),... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Timmerman
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check keyboard and mouse activity

I need help from someone that is good at making scripts. I'm trying to make a script file that checks for keyboard and mouse activity during 1 am to 8 am and logs you off if it detects activity. I can't find anything useful in google. ---------- Post updated 06-30-10 at 12:33 AM ----------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

6. SCO

X Server -> keyboard and mouse are freezing

hi I've configured X Server using Video Configuration Manager on SCO 5.0.6, but the keyboard and mouse are freezing after 5 minutes on the graphical login mask. ---------- Post updated at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:43 AM ---------- BTW I finished the configuration,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
2 Replies

7. AIX

Keyboard Mouse Display not working with Pseries

Hello, Just got a refurbished Pseries when I boot the machine , everything is okay, that is no attention light and panel shows 01 B N but there is nothing on the display ( monitor / console ) which is plugged into the video card port of pseries. The display is empty.... The keyboard... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Keyboard vs mouse

Which Input device do you use the most ? for me... keyboard ofcourse !! (56 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpraveen84
56 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run command if no mouse or keyboard input

I would like a script that would run pm-suspend if there has been no keyboard or mouse input for a specified time. ------ Post updated at 11:17 AM ------ Never mind. I found a setting in power management that does what I need. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
0 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)