Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Multipath address configuration in Solaris 10. Post 302929873 by Skrynesaver on Sunday 28th of December 2014 06:18:21 AM
Old 12-28-2014
Facebook Multipath address configuration in Solaris 10.

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone knows whether Solaris IPMP can be configured such that the IPs of the physical NICs are not available to applications when using IP4 or if the group address and the underlying physical address are always present?

Thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

dhcp configuration for MAC address

hi I need a dhcp congfigured to give some of my clients IP regarding their MAC addresses and rest should get any IP from same pool. I am not sure what to add dhcpd.conf to provide such a pool or group or class. I tried with this but seems not good enough. <<<<dhcpd.conf>>>> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ouzist
2 Replies

2. Debian

Question on the dhcp-server configuration for a fixed IP address.

Hi , when i configure my server with a fixed ip address in dhcpd.conf as below subnet 172.21.151.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 { range 172.21.151.66 172.21.151.66; } host switch { hardware ethernet 00:05:30:02:DB:31; fixed-address 172.21.151.66; } when i start dhcpd server , it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Tracing a MAC address to IP address: Solaris

Hi there I lost connectivity to one of our remote systems and when I checked the messages log I found the following: Aug 10 23:42:34 host xntpd: time reset (step) 1.681729 s Aug 16 13:20:51 host ip: WARNING: node "mac address" is using our IP address x.x.x.x on aggr1 Aug 16 13:20:51 host... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: notreallyhere
9 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris turn off multipath mpxio

Im not able to turn the multipath off on the solaris s10 X86...since im on FC boot.. if i disable multipath , from /kernel/drv/iscsi.conf then im not able to boot the machine.:wall: Is there any other go or any suggestions . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowtham.varma
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Multipath.conf configuration max_fds

Hi all, I am looking at the specific configuration settings for multipath.conf on RHEL5.5. In particular i was looking at the max_fds setting. Can anyone tell me the max number of open file descriptors that the RHEL5.5 system can have? It has been set previously to 8192, and i was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tommyk
4 Replies

6. Solaris

IP configuration in Solaris

Hi Experts, - I have below two queries, please suggest. 1) I have 2 IP's in my server and want to remove 1 of the ip, so which are the files i need to modify as of my knowledge we need to modify (1) /etc/hosts remove the unwanted ip (2) /etc/hostname.interface_name Please suggest if any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Cannot remove root Filesystem from the Multipath configuration

Hello all, I am running "Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.4 (Santiago)" The root Filesystem is currently part of the Multipath configuration and I need to remove it without rebooting the production Server. The wwid I want to remove from Multipathing is the last one i the list of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: logsbyrne
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris SAN Storage Multipath and Messages Check Script

Hi everybody, i am working on the new script , its job discover the Storage Env ( especially MultiPATH ) and FC cards for solaris 11 sparc systems for now.. script is seem working ( but may contain any mistakes or bug ) on the oracle Qlogic fc cards on Emc_VMAx systems and Solaris 11 Sparc_64... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ygemici
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Multipath configuration not being detected

Hi, In a RHEL 5 box, I have just added new multipath configurations in /etc/multipath.conf : blacklist_exceptions { wwid "360002ac0000000000000008e0001ee00" wwid "360002ac0000000000000008f0001ee00" wwid "360002ac000000000000000900001ee00" wwid... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
0 Replies
vni(7d)                                                               Devices                                                              vni(7d)

NAME
vni - STREAMS virtual network interface driver DESCRIPTION
The vni pseudo device is a multi-threaded, loadable, clonable, STREAMS pseudo-device supporting the connectionless Data Link Provider Interface dlpi(7P) Style 2. Note that DLPI is intended to interact with IP, meaning that DLPI access to applications is not supported. (For example, snoop fails on the vni interface.) The vni device is a software-only interface and does not send or receive data. The device provides a DLPI upper interface that identifies itself to IP with a private media type. It can be configured via ifconfig(1M) and can have IP addresses assigned to it, making aliases pos- sible. The vni pseudo device is particularly useful in hosting an IP address when used in conjunction with the 'usesrc' ifconfig option (see ifconfig(1M) for examples). The logical instances of the device can also be used to host addresses as an alternative to hosting them over the loopback interface. Multicast is not supported on this device. More specifically, the following options return an error when used with an address specified on vni: IP_MULTICAST_IF, IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP, IP_DROP_MEMBERSHIP, IPV6_MULTICAST_IF, IPV6_JOIN_GROUP, IPV6_LEAVE_GROUP. In addition, broadcast is not supported. Because there is no physical hardware configured below it, no traffic can be received through nor transmitted on a virtual interface. All packet transmission and reception is accomplished with existing physical interfaces and tunnels. Because applications that deal with packet transmission and reception (such as packet filters) cannot filter traffic on virtual interfaces, you cannot set up a packet filter on a virtual interface. Instead, you should configure the policy rules to apply to the physical interfaces and tunnels, and if necessary, use the virtual IP addresses themselves as part of the rule configuration. Also, note that the virtual interface cannot be part of an IP multi- pathing (IPMP) group. FILES
/dev/vni 64-bit ELF kernel driver SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), in.mpathd(1M), ip(7P), ip6(7P) SunOS 5.10 18 July 2004 vni(7d)