Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 - 'ls' green for root user only Post 302929838 by TiedCone on Saturday 27th of December 2014 08:20:46 AM
Old 12-27-2014
I will check and post output on Tuesday cos do not have remote access. Thanks for feedback. I just installed solaris 10 on my virtual machine at home so will have comparison. If i am not mistaken I tested that with: 'which ls' and output was: '/usr/bin/ls'.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Permissions for the root user on Solaris 10

Hi I have a doubt, here if a file does not have the write permissions to the root user my script is going to write the data into that file. when i executed the script as root user. Is it correct ... ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shreedhar Naik
4 Replies

2. Solaris

How to start CDE for non root user on Solaris 10

Hi, How can I start CDE for non root user created.For root CDE is working fine but for non root user CDE exits back to login screen after trying for some time.Also I cant see .dt and .dtprofile files in the users home directory.How can I create them.Kindly help. Thanks & Regards, Kiran. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiranherekar
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Non-root user access to privileged ports-Solaris 8

Please let me know how to setup a non-root user to be able to access a privileged port (<1024) on Solaris 8. I am currently running tomcat as "tomcat" user and I get the following error during to start up: SEVERE: Error initializing endpoint java.net.BindException: Permission denied<null>:443 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingmeback
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to allow access to some commands having root privleges to be run bu non root user

hi i am new to unix and i have abig task. i have to \run particular commands having root privileges from a non root user. i know sudo is one of the way but i need sum other approach kindly help Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryashikha
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Enable FTP for root user in Solaris 10

I am not able to get ftp working for Solaris 10 for root user. I am getting login failed error. 331 Password required for root. Password: 530 Login incorrect. Login failed. Tried following things already. 1. SFTP works ok, still would like to know why FTP is not working (curious). 2.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: webkid
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sudo to delegate permission from non-root user to another non-root user

I've been through many threads before i decide to create a separate thread. I can't really find the solution to my (simple) problem. Here's what I'm trying to achieve: As "canar" user I want to run a command, let's say "/opt/ocaml/bin/ocaml" as "duck" user. The only to achieve this is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: canar
1 Replies

7. SuSE

Non root user want to see /var/log/messages - any suse equivalent of Solaris dmesg

Hi New to Suse - mainly used Solaris. In solaris dmesg will also show you contents of messages log file but in Suse Liux it doesnt appear to. I dont have root access to this Suse server, and wondering is there any other tool / utility that allows me to see the messages file contents like on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Root user not recognizing on Solaris-10 (shadow file corruption)

Hello, I got into a wired state on one of solaris 10 server. When I noticed that server is having some issue, I found that there were dumpadm.conf entries in /etc/shadow and real entries were wiped of. Probably somebody fat fingers. I was able to boot into failsafe, break SVM mirror, copied... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
25 Replies
gst-feedback-0.8(1)						   User Commands					       gst-feedback-0.8(1)

NAME
gst-feedback-0.8, gst-feedback - generate debug information for GStreamer bug reports SYNOPSIS
gst-feedback-0.8 gst-feedback [--gst-list-mm] [--gst-mm=string] [--print] DESCRIPTION
gst-feedback-0.8 scans the system for various types of information that is useful to GStreamer developers to help diagnose user problems. Depending on the type of bug report, it might be useful to attach gst-feedback output when you contact the developers. Note: The current version of this script scans many directories: /usr/lib, /usr/local/lib, /home, /usr/include, /usr/local/include, and /home (again) for various GStreamer installations. Depending on your system, you might not want to do this. Note: gst-feedback-0.8 dumps a lot of information about a system. Some of this information might be considered sensitive. If this is a concern, review the information before posting to a public forum such as the GStreamer bug tracking system. gst-feedback is a wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-feedback-X.X. For example, if both gst-feedback-0.7 and gst- feedback-0.8 are installed on your system, gst-feedback runs gst-feedback-0.8. OPTIONS
The following options are supported by gst-feedback only: --gst-list-mm List found major/minor versions. This option displays the versions that are available. --gst-mm=string Force major/minor version. This option enables you to specify a specific version to run, if you do not want to run the default version. --print Print wrapped command line. This option displays the command that will be run, and then runs the command. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Generating Feedback Information example% gst-feedback-0.8 Example 2: Generating Feedback Information and Redirecting Output and Errors to a File example% gst-feedback-0.8 &> myfeedback Example 3: Running the Wrapper Script and Displaying the Command Name example% gst-feedback --print /usr/bin/gst-feedback-0.8 FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gst-feedback-0.Executable to generate debug info for GStreamer bug reports /usr/bin/gst-feedback Wrapper script that runs the latest installed version of gst-feedback-X.X ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-media | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gst-complete(1), gst-compprep(1), gst-inspect(1), gst-launch(1), gst-launch-ext(1), gst-md5sum(1), gst-register(1), gst-thumbnail(1), gst- typefind(1), gst-xmlinspect(1), gst-xmllaunch(1), gstreamer-properties(1), libgstreamer-0.8(3), libgstgetbits(3) NOTES
Original man page written by the GStreamer team at http://gstreamer.net/. Updated by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 14 Oct 2004 gst-feedback-0.8(1)