Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LVM PE. Best practice
Operating Systems HP-UX LVM PE. Best practice Post 302929493 by vbe on Monday 22nd of December 2014 06:36:44 AM
Old 12-22-2014
I suppose the attached document I have will be of some use...
Good reading!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Samba Practice

I have a dual boot machine with both "Windoze ME" and Redhat Linux 7.2. I want to know if it is possible to practice with the Samba Suite on a dual boot machine if I was able to incorporate using IP addresses. I was thinking if your able to ping yourself why wouldn't you be able to administer... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bilal_aa
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the best practice?

I'm playing the shell game of moving and deleting files to make room for current DB backup. A set of files gets moved to serverB when serverA threshold is exceeded. I created two scripts one for serverA and one for serverB. Both scripts are run by cron entry. There is a difference of 12 minutes... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigSky
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

best practice please

I have a data file that I tail and dump the data into a new file at midnight. To work I had to use tail -n2 livefile.csv >> storefile.csv. This is ging me 2 or 3 entries at a time into the storefile.csv. if I continue this then I will have to run a second pass on the file to remove the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mikey
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

How to reduce LVM to create another LVM

Hi, I'm new to HP-UX. I have LVM on /var with 92Gig. I would like to reduce it to create another LVM for Oracle client with 800 meg or so. How to do it. I'm running 11.iv3 Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
4 Replies

5. Programming

how to practice my c++ skill

Hi all, I'v already read some basic books about c++ such as <c++ primer>,<The C++ standard library> etc.,and as we know,knowledge is easy to forget without practicing,so i wanna know some ways to practice my skill with programming.First,i know some ACM sites,however,solving problems on those sites... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hp ux practice

hi i am new in unix.i have installed linux in my pc,but i want to practice and be expatise in hp ux.but i have no hp server for do it.how could i practice hp ux?please help and give suggestion. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dipanjan123
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

practice scripting

Is there any sites out there that have examples of things they want you to go and script for practice? I have looked around but have came up empty handed. I have been writing scripts for things I need on my nix box but have am wanting more challenging things to keep me learning. I would prefer... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxn00b
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert non LVM root partition to LVM?

Hi Guys, I m using redhat 6, I have installed root partition as non-LVM . Is there any way i can convert it to LVM? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

9. AIX

AIX practice

Dears, Kindly as preparing to get AIX certification I'd like to have your guide & support where can I find dump or exam forms for below :- Test 000-103: AIX 6.1 Basic Operations Test 000-221: AIX 7 Administration I want to look at real questions and try to solve it , is it possible to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arm
1 Replies

10. Solaris

ISCSI best practice question

Hello. I'm a noob, but have managed to get to the point of Solaris storage server running 4 X 3Tb in a RAIDZ pool. My current system is sharing via SMB a few different ZFS devices (puddle/TV, puddle/Movies, puddle/Music, etc). My main server is going to be OSX, Mountain Lion. What I have set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BillyPrefect
4 Replies
PVCK(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   PVCK(8)

NAME
pvck - check physical volume metadata SYNOPSIS
pvck [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [-v|--verbose] [--labelsector] PhysicalVolume [PhysicalVolume...] DESCRIPTION
pvck checks physical volume LVM metadata for consistency. OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. --labelsector sector By default, 4 sectors of PhysicalVolume are scanned for an LVM label, starting at sector 0. This parameter allows you to specify a different starting sector for the scan and is useful for recovery situations. For example, suppose the partition table is corrupted or lost on /dev/sda, but you suspect there was an LVM partition at approximately 100 MB. This area of the disk may be scanned by using the --labelsector parameter with a value of 204800 (100 * 1024 * 1024 / 512 = 204800): pvck --labelsector 204800 /dev/sda Note that a script can be used with --labelsector to automate the process of finding LVM labels. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), pvcreate(8), pvscan(8) vgck(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) PVCK(8)