Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Fbackup aborts exactly at 2 GB Post 302928841 by Don Cragun on Monday 15th of December 2014 01:22:19 PM
Old 12-15-2014
Is the output from the command:
Code:
ulimit

4194304? If it is, you are running with a maximum file size limit of 2GB for processes you start. If that is your problem, you'll need extended privileges to up your limit.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Backup using fbackup

Dear All, We have Universe database on HP-UX Servers, when we take back on DDS3 it completes around 48 Gb data on just one tape. As per DDS media specs it can hold upto 24 GB compressed data. How it is managing more than double data..? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kashif Raees
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

fbackup endind with wraning how to check on a script fbackup is good

Hi, I am writing a script that is doing a fbackup during the night and before it shutdown the database then run the fbackup then at the end before restarted the data base, I would like to check the status that the fbackup is fine but I always have warning (about socket: fbackup(1102): WARNING:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

HP-UX 10.20 fbackup? restore help/guidance needed

Hello, We've recently had a multiple hardrive failure in our legacy HP9000. Now the drives are repaired and the filesystems are recreated, I went to restore the last of the database tables from our dds3 backup, but cannot. Here's what's going on: BTW, I'm an absolute novice w/ HP-UX The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastuart
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

fbackup

Hey guys im trying fbackup, what kind of device should be used for the output. i tried to put the output into a disk that i LVM and to /tmp but it wont work, theres an error saying that its not a valid device for backup. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbn
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

fbackup redirection to a file.

Hi, I have a fbackup step as below /bin/nice /etc/fbackup -f /dev/rmt/0m -i / -I /opt/monitrol/tmp/Index.full Now the errors that i will get in case of the fbackup step, I want to redirect them to a file. Please help me how to redirect to a file. Thanks, Avik. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: avik.nandi
5 Replies

6. HP-UX

fbackup problem

Hi, I have a fbackup step as below in HP-UX /bin/nice /etc/fbackup -f /dev/rmt/0m -i / -I /opt/monitrol/tmp/Index.full Now the errors that i will get in case of the fbackup step, I want to redirect them to a file. Please help me how to redirect to a file. Thanks, Avik. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: avik.nandi
4 Replies

7. Slackware

pkgtool aborts

Hi everyone! I am running Slackware 12.1 and the past few days I have this problem: Whenever I use pkgtool to install an update, I get this message: /sbin/installpkg: line 231: 3967 Aborted /sbin/ldconfig I tried ldconfig but it aborts. Any ideas would help, Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kerb41
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

HP-UX Full System Backup with fbackup

Hello, I'm still new in HP-UX backup and I want to do a FULL BACKUP of HP-UX server to TAPE device. After reading on several forums and posts, i have list down several steps on how to do a full backup on HP-UX with fbackup. I would like the gurus here to comment/advise on the steps below 1)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: miskin
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Script Aborts Before Completion

Hi guys, i have a script that logs into a range of hosts and runs an update involving apt-get: apt-get update problem i'm having is, before i do the apt-get, i do a apt-get update. and this process is completed quickly for most servers. but some servers, it can take a while. my expect... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

Fbackup to multiple files

I suffered a fault on a tape drive and would like to redirect my fbackup from /dev/rmt/0m to a NFS Share. I have mounted a NFS share in /mnt/NFSShare. When I run the following command: /etc/fbackup -0 -uv -i /backup2/BEM/BEML1 -c /usr/local/scripts/backup/fbackup_config -f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iceman_Pol
2 Replies
ULIMIT(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 ULIMIT(3)

NAME
ulimit - get and set user limits SYNOPSIS
#include <ulimit.h> long ulimit(int cmd, long newlimit); DESCRIPTION
Warning: This routine is obsolete. Use getrlimit(2), setrlimit(2), and sysconf(3) instead. For the shell command ulimit(), see bash(1). The ulimit() call will get or set some limit for the calling process. The cmd argument can have one of the following values. UL_GETFSIZE Return the limit on the size of a file, in units of 512 bytes. UL_SETFSIZE Set the limit on the size of a file. 3 (Not implemented for Linux.) Return the maximum possible address of the data segment. 4 (Implemented but no symbolic constant provided.) Return the maximum number of files that the calling process can open. RETURN VALUE
On success, ulimit() returns a nonnegative value. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EPERM A unprivileged process tried to increase a limit. CONFORMING TO
SVr4, POSIX.1-2001. POSIX.1-2008 marks ulimit() as obsolete. SEE ALSO
bash(1), getrlimit(2), setrlimit(2), sysconf(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2008-08-06 ULIMIT(3)