Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Connection is broken because of underlying network issues Post 302928195 by vbe on Tuesday 9th of December 2014 04:55:36 PM
Old 12-09-2014
network speed mismatch?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recover X Forwarding after broken connection

Hello, today I logged in on a remote machine via "ssh -X ..." and started a screen session. In this i started OpenOffice.org writer by writing "oowriter". After some time the connection got lost (The network here is quite unstable). Now I logged in again via "ssh -X ...". The screen session is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: schola
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Exceed connection issues

I'm trying to use Exceed 7.1 to connect to a Solaris server (T2000, running Solaris 10). What are the settings that should be specified on Solaris to enable this connectivity to happen? I'm getting connection issues. Is there a type of service that needs to be running? If sombody can give a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sunguy222
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connection to localhost:10.0 host broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)

Hi All, We use tomcat web server and it will get terminated with below error: connection to localhost:10.0 host broken (explicit kill or server shutdown) Please let me know how to fix this error. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP connection Bash script issues

Hello I need assistance with a bash script that needs to tell me whether in the last "x" days (which is a variable) anyone connected to the xxxx IP (which is another variable). Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Melchiah
1 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

clstat X connection ... broken ?

Hi. Could you help me with this problem ? When I run clstat then I got this error message: 1:root@test1:/root # clstat X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown). I got the same error for both nodes. If I would run xclstat I would understand that there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phobus
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

lftp connection issues

Hi guys, We are receiving fatal error while trying to use lftp client to connect to an external server using ftps protocol. It seems to connect but when I issue 'ls' command, it fails with below error: $ lftp -u user,pwd ftps://<URL>:990/Submit lftp user@URL:~> ls ls: Fatal error:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nice_chapp
0 Replies

7. AIX

X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)

I want to run applet on AIX 6 machine. I already have setup $DISPLAY variable for putty session by selecting X11 option. I got below error for any X related commands (xclock, X, applet viewer ) X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown). Please can anyone... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kailas.girase
0 Replies
NCOPY(1)							       ncopy								  NCOPY(1)

NAME
ncopy - NetWare file copy SYNOPSIS
ncopy -V ncopy [ -vmMnpptu ] [ -s amount ] file destinationfile|directory ncopy [ -vmMnpptu ] [ -s amount ] file1 [ file2 ... ] directory ncopy -r [ -vmMnpptu ] [ -s amount ] srcdir dstdir DESCRIPTION
With ncopy you can copy files to different locations on a single NetWare file server without generating excess network traffic. The pro- gram uses a NetWare function to do the copy rather than transferring the file across the network for both the read and write. If the last argument is a directory, ncopy will copy the source file(s) into the directory. If only two files are given and the last argu- ment is not a directory, it will copy the source file to the destination file. If the source and destination files are not on the same NetWare server (or are not on NetWare servers at all), ncopy will do a normal file copy. OPTIONS
-V Show version number and exit -v Verbose copy. Will show current file and percentage completion. -m Copy MAC resource fork. Copies MAC resource fork together with data fork. -M Copy MAC resource fork to/from non-MAC filesystem. It expects/creates resource forks in subdirectory .rsrc of each directory copied. If you want to copy files from MAC volume to .rsrc scheme, you must specify both options, -mM. It is not possible to create .rsrc direc- tory on MAC-aware volume in one step, you must first copy data to non-MAC media using ncopy -mM and then copy them back using ncopy -M. If you want to copy files from .rsrc scheme on MAC volume to real MAC multiple-forks file, you must first copy data to non-MAC filesys- tem using ncopy -M and then copy them back using ncopy -mM. -n Nice NetWare copy. Will sleep for a second between copying blocks on the NetWare server. Gives other people a chance to do some work on the NetWare server when you are copying large files. This has no effect if you are not copying on a NetWare server. -s amount Nice time slice factor. Used in conjunction with the -n option, this specifies the number of 100K blocks to copy before sleeping. Default is 10. (1 Megabyte) -p Preserve file attributes and date/time during copy. -pp Preserve file attributes, date/time and owner during copy. Name of owner is preserved, not owner ID. -t Preserve trustees during copy. Trustee name is preserved, not ID. -r Perform recursive copy. -u Perform copy only if mtime or size differs. BUGS
ncopy does not preserve long (MAC, NFS, FTAM, OS2) names during copy. SEE ALSO
ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8) CREDITS
ncopy was written by Brian G. Reid (breid@tim.com) and Tom C. Henderson (thenderson@tim.com). Many thanks to Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) for the ncpfs and ncplib which made ncopy possible. Some further work was done by Petr Vandrovec (van- drove@vc.cvut.cz). ncopy 17/03/1996 NCOPY(1)