Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Jumpstart and Linux NFS
Operating Systems Solaris Jumpstart and Linux NFS Post 302928066 by MadeInGermany on Monday 8th of December 2014 04:37:07 PM
Old 12-08-2014
You need an export for each local file system.
You need the 3 exports if
Code:
df /export /export/solaris /export/jumpstart

shows 3 different file systems.
In case there are common file systems, it's enough to export the common file system with the shortest path - its sub-directories are mountable, too.
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

How to nfs mount with Redhat Linux

*** I also posted this in the Unix general forum, but would like to get the Linux point of view. *** Hello all - I've searched this forum, but was unable to find out the info I need. I'm trying to mount (nfs mount) a directory on another box from my Linux machine. The mount point... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Heron
1 Replies

2. SuSE

UNIX - Linux NFS Rights need Help

Hello, I am running a Suse Linux server and I want to set up a NFS Server for a few Unix machines. For the root account at the unix client it works fine but it doesn't work for other users who have no root rights. I've used the no_root_squash and the rw option in the etc/export file. My folder... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ald-Edv
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Jumpstart from linux problem

Hi, I am using RH-AS as my jumpstart server for installing solaris 8 on a sun machine. the finish script phase starts ok but some where in the middle it fails - i tried it servel times and each time it fails in a differnt place. I get "not found" message for all kind of basic command like awk,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorilevy
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

NFS performance stats on Linux

Hi everyone, The last two days I'm researching results of NFS operations on Linux, and I noticed some time difference when read and write. cat /proc/version : Linux version 2.6.9-42.ELsmp (bhcompile@hs20-bc1-1.build.redhat.com) (gcc version 3.4.6 20060404 (Red Hat 3.4.6-2)) #1 SMP Wed Jul 12... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sysgate
1 Replies

5. AIX

How to do a NFS mount from AIX to Linux?

How to do? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple way to umount NFS mount in linux

Hello... I've mounted a share using standard nomenclature for the NFS mount command with the following command line: mount -t nfs -o rw {IP address1}:/ /mnt_for_70 / {IP address2}(rw) mnt_for_70 is a mount point I created on {IP address2} I'm confuse and want to be sure I use the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blaine.miller
1 Replies

7. AIX

can not mount from aix client to linux nfs server

Hi, I am trying to mount a nfs folder from AIX client to Linux NFS Server, but I got the following error: # mount 128.127.11.121:/aix /to_be_del mount: 1831-010 server 128.127.11.121 not responding: RPC: 1832-018 Port mapper failure - RPC: 1832-008 Timed out mount: retrying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

Writing from Unix DB to Linux NFS

I have an HP Unix server with Oracle DB and want to write Datapumo export files across the network to IMB/Linux NFS. Will that work? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duane McDonough
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

doubt in NFS mounted filesystem in linux

Hi, I have some filesystem which is nfs mounted and shared to other servers. Nfs server name= nfsserver (here filesystem is locally mounted) server name where filesystem is shared = sharedserver1 and sharedserver2 filesystem which is shared = /filesystem1 when i am checking utilization by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anshu ranjan
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move script from windows to Linux using NFS mount

Hi All, Is there a command or script which will push a file from Windows server to Linux box? using the mount command. I want the details or document of the whole process please. I want this script to run every 30 minutes to push the file from windows to unix Thanks (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: thinkingeye
16 Replies
asadmin-export(1AS)						   User Commands					       asadmin-export(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-export, export - marks a variable name for automatic export to the environment of subsequent commands in multimode SYNOPSIS
export [ name=value [ name=value]*] Marks a variable name for automatic export to the environment of subsequent commands. All subsequent commands use the variable name values as specified; unless you unset them or exit multimode. If only the variable name is specified, the current value of that variable name is displayed. If the export command is used without any arguments, a list of all the exported variables and their values is displayed. Exported shell environment variables set prior to invoking the asadmin utility are imported automatically and set as exported variables within asadmin. Unexported environment variables cannot be read by the asadmin utility. OPERANDS
name=value variable name and value for automatic export to the environment to be used by subsequent commands. Example 1: Using export to list the environment variables asadmin> export AS_ADMIN_HOST=bluestar AS_ADMIN_PORT=8000 AS_ADMIN_USER=admin AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=password asadmin> export AS_ADMIN_PREFIX=server1.jms-service asadmin> export //to list the environment variables that are set AS_ADMIN_HOST=bluestar AS_ADMIN_PORT=8000 AS_ADMIN_USER=admin AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=******** AS_ADMIN_PREFIX=server1.jms-service Where: the export command lists the environment variables that are set. In this case, the environment variables have been set to: the host is bluestar, the port is 8000, the administrator user is admin with an associated password, and the prefix is server1.jms-service. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-unset(1AS), asadmin-multimode(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-export(1AS)