Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Jumpstart and Linux NFS
Operating Systems Solaris Jumpstart and Linux NFS Post 302927825 by Linusolaradm1 on Saturday 6th of December 2014 05:44:05 PM
Old 12-06-2014
Jumpstart and Linux NFS[SOLVED]

A simple question about nfs and jumpstart
,i setup server (all on linux)
tftp ok # boot and reach menu grub,and start
nfs not ok
i did

/export/solaris 192.168.0.0/24(ro,no_root_squash,anonuid=0,anongid=0)

and on solaris i put config with sysidcfg,profile,etc
When solaris boot from net it ask for configuration(so is ignoring profile and sysidcfg)because doesn't mount the resource.
Smilie

---------- Post updated 06-12-14 at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous update was 05-12-14 at 07:11 PM ----------

I set up new profile sysidcfg,etc
and now solaris works perfect but only on solaris server
if i use linux it works,get rules,profile but exit with this error

Code:
 "impossible to  load /cdrom"

i use on export nfs

/export/solaris
Code:
192.168.0.0/24(ro,wdelay,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check,anonuid=0,sec=sys,ro,secure,no_root_squash,no_all_squash)
/export/jumpstart
        192.168.0.0/24(ro,wdelay,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check,sec=sys,ro,secure,no_root_squash,no_all_squash)

Solution found.
Using nfs4 with those settings

Code:
/export         192.168.0.0/24(fsid=0,ro,no_root_squash,crossmnt,no_subtree_check,sync)
/export/solaris         192.168.0.0/24(ro,no_root_squash,crossmnt,no_subtree_check,sync)
/export/jumpstart       192.168.0.0/24(ro,no_root_squash,crossmnt,no_subtree_check,sync)

and must important,cdrom is mounted instead of copied

Last edited by Linusolaradm1; 12-06-2014 at 07:40 PM.. Reason: found solution

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

How to nfs mount with Redhat Linux

*** I also posted this in the Unix general forum, but would like to get the Linux point of view. *** Hello all - I've searched this forum, but was unable to find out the info I need. I'm trying to mount (nfs mount) a directory on another box from my Linux machine. The mount point... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Heron
1 Replies

2. SuSE

UNIX - Linux NFS Rights need Help

Hello, I am running a Suse Linux server and I want to set up a NFS Server for a few Unix machines. For the root account at the unix client it works fine but it doesn't work for other users who have no root rights. I've used the no_root_squash and the rw option in the etc/export file. My folder... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ald-Edv
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Jumpstart from linux problem

Hi, I am using RH-AS as my jumpstart server for installing solaris 8 on a sun machine. the finish script phase starts ok but some where in the middle it fails - i tried it servel times and each time it fails in a differnt place. I get "not found" message for all kind of basic command like awk,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorilevy
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

NFS performance stats on Linux

Hi everyone, The last two days I'm researching results of NFS operations on Linux, and I noticed some time difference when read and write. cat /proc/version : Linux version 2.6.9-42.ELsmp (bhcompile@hs20-bc1-1.build.redhat.com) (gcc version 3.4.6 20060404 (Red Hat 3.4.6-2)) #1 SMP Wed Jul 12... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sysgate
1 Replies

5. AIX

How to do a NFS mount from AIX to Linux?

How to do? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple way to umount NFS mount in linux

Hello... I've mounted a share using standard nomenclature for the NFS mount command with the following command line: mount -t nfs -o rw {IP address1}:/ /mnt_for_70 / {IP address2}(rw) mnt_for_70 is a mount point I created on {IP address2} I'm confuse and want to be sure I use the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blaine.miller
1 Replies

7. AIX

can not mount from aix client to linux nfs server

Hi, I am trying to mount a nfs folder from AIX client to Linux NFS Server, but I got the following error: # mount 128.127.11.121:/aix /to_be_del mount: 1831-010 server 128.127.11.121 not responding: RPC: 1832-018 Port mapper failure - RPC: 1832-008 Timed out mount: retrying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

Writing from Unix DB to Linux NFS

I have an HP Unix server with Oracle DB and want to write Datapumo export files across the network to IMB/Linux NFS. Will that work? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duane McDonough
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

doubt in NFS mounted filesystem in linux

Hi, I have some filesystem which is nfs mounted and shared to other servers. Nfs server name= nfsserver (here filesystem is locally mounted) server name where filesystem is shared = sharedserver1 and sharedserver2 filesystem which is shared = /filesystem1 when i am checking utilization by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anshu ranjan
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move script from windows to Linux using NFS mount

Hi All, Is there a command or script which will push a file from Windows server to Linux box? using the mount command. I want the details or document of the whole process please. I want this script to run every 30 minutes to push the file from windows to unix Thanks (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: thinkingeye
16 Replies
MOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
mount.nfs, mount.nfs4 - mount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
mount.nfs remotetarget dir [-rvVwfnsh ] [-o options] DESCRIPTION
mount.nfs is a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. mount.nfs is meant to be used by the mount(8) command for mounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. remotetarget is a server share usually in the form of servername:/path/to/share. dir is the directory on which the file system is to be mounted. Under Linux 2.6.32 and later kernel versions, mount.nfs can mount all NFS file system versions. Under earlier Linux kernel versions, mount.nfs4 must be used for mounting NFSv4 file systems while mount.nfs must be used for NFSv3 and v2. OPTIONS
-r Mount file system readonly. -v Be verbose. -V Print version. -w Mount file system read-write. -f Fake mount. Don't actually call the mount system call. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip making an entry. -s Tolerate sloppy mount options rather than fail. -h Print help message. nfsoptions Refer to nfs(5) or mount(8) manual pages. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and mount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), mount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 5 Jun 2006 MOUNT.NFS(8)