Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Script performs the right task but fails against check Post 302927823 by MadeInGermany on Friday 5th of December 2014 06:47:45 PM
Old 12-05-2014
./checkFiles.sh runs it by /bin/bash (its shebang).
Running it with sh is different. Depends on the sh how much different.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Debian

./configure is broken - /lib/cpp fails sanity check

Hi, I first wanted to install my NIC drivers but it said: Makefile:62: *** Linux kernel source not found. Stop. So I installed the kernel source: linux-source-2.6.18_2.6.18.dfsg.1-13etch5_all.deb 1) cd /usr/src 2) -xjvf linux-source.2.6.18.extension (forget what it was) 3) ln -s... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Virtuality
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment and Uncomment single task out of multiple task

I have a file contains TASK gsnmpproxy { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpProxy.exe } TASK gsnmpdbgui { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpdbgui.exe I would like to comment and than uncomment specific task eg TASK gsnmpproxy Pls suggest how to do in shell script (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
9 Replies

3. Solaris

lib/cpp fails sanity check

I'm trying to install a new library for php but everytime I run configure I got the following error "lib/cpp" fails sanity check. My OS is solaris 10 Any help on how to solve this issue would be highly appreciated (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dahr
3 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Monzy performs kill -9 at Stanford

Hello people, Have you all seen this? Fow7iUaKrq4 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nigelc
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to performs checks

Hi , I need a script which performs below activity I have one file named "testfile" in 9 different directories with same name. I want to perform below action with each testfile of each directory. if ; then mv listfiles listfiles_`date +%b%y` else echo No Such files fi ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File check script fails for multiple files

I want to check if any file with testing*.txt exists but my script fails if more than 1 file exists. It works fine for a single file if then echo "TEST21" fi -------------- bash: How do I fix this? Thanks Please use code tags next time for your code and data. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumang24
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Record length check fails due to '\' character

When I check the length for the records in the file, it does not give me the correct value. I used wc -l command. Example records: abcdefghij abcd\efghij abcdefghi Expected output is: 10 11 9 But the output returned is 10 10 9 Please help me on this issue. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amrutha24
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check one command and if it fails moves to other command

Input is list of Server's, script is basically to remove old_rootvg, So it should check first command "alt_rootvg_op -X old_rootvg" if it passes move to next server and starts check and if it fails moves to other command "exportvg old_rootvg" for only that particular server. I came up with below,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Except script fails to check file exists or not in remote node

Dear members, The following expect script connects to remote node and check for the file "authorized_keys" in directory /root/.ssh in remote node. However the result is always found even if the file exist or doesn't exist. expect { "$fname" { send_user "found\n" } Any idea what is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudhakar333
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that performs action when receiving an SMS.

My case is the following: -I have a Linux system where I have an smsd installed (SmsTools3) -This system works through a GSM module in which I can send and receive text messages. -Text messages arrive in a certain folder (/ var / spool / sms / incoming) -I need a script that does... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dMihawkCL
3 Replies
Jifty::Script::Po(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Jifty::Script::Po(3pm)

options
       Returns a hash of all the options this script takes. (See the usage message for details)

run
       Runs the "update_catalogs" method.

_check_mime_type FILENAME
       This routine returns a mimetype for the file "FILENAME".

update_catalogs
       Extracts localizable messages from all files in your application, finds all your message catalogs and updates them with new and changed
       messages.

update_catalog FILENAME
       Reads "FILENAME", a message catalog and integrates new or changed translations.

extract_messages
       Find all translatable messages in your application, using Locale::Maketext::Extract.

print_help
       Prints out help for the package using pod2usage.

If the user specified --help, prints a brief usage message

If the user specified --man, prints out a manpage

pot_name
       Returns the name of the po template.

NAME
Jifty::Script::Po - Extract translatable strings from your application SYNOPSIS
jifty po --language <lang> Creates a <lang>.po file for translation jifty po Updates all existing po files Options: --language Language to deal with --dir Additional directories to extract from --js Generate json files from the current po files --help brief help message --man full documentation OPTIONS
--language This script an option, "--language", which is optional; it is the name of a message catalog to create. --dir Specify explicit directories to extract from. Can be used multiple times. The default directories will not be extracted if you use this option. --template_name Specify the name of the po template. Default to the lower-cased application name. --podir Specify the directory of the po templates. --js If "--js" is given, other options are ignored and the script will generate json files for each language under share/web/static/js/dict from the current po files. Before doing so, you might want to run "jifty po" with "--dir share/web/static/js" to include messages from javascript in your po files. --help Print a brief help message and exits. --man Prints the manual page and exits. DESCRIPTION
Extracts message catalogs for your Jifty app. When run, Jifty will update all existing message catalogs, as well as create a new one if you specify a --language option. perl v5.14.2 2010-12-08 Jifty::Script::Po(3pm)