Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Menu and case statement scripting Post 302926924 by sea on Friday 28th of November 2014 01:06:48 PM
Old 11-28-2014
Or use the search function of the forum.

Additionaly, what have you tried so far?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CASE statement

Hi, I am writing a bash shell script. My script has a few user defined parameters. When the script runs the first thing it does is make sure that these parameters are valid. One of the parameters is called YEAR. A valid input for YEAR can be 1997-2000. One way I have come up with to ensure... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

case statement in UNIX scripting (ksh)

Hi, I have a script like below : #!/bin/ksh echo "Do you want to export all docs ?" read alld echo "Do you want to export template or report only " read temr case && ] #arguments ;; case && ] #arguments ;; case && ] #arguments ;; (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luna_soleil
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

case statement

Hi, I am writing case statement to execute some finction, my requirement is once one of the case statement is executed again it has to prompt for the option. for script in `echo "$Script_Selected"` do case $script in 1) getNoOFActUsers ;; 2) moveServerrOORotation ;; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

menu + awk + while + case

the idea is to create script with menu and when option 1 or2 is pressed program should clear screan display info and get back to menu.... I managed some code but getting errors... #!/bin/bash choice1=ls -l|awk'{print $9 $1}' choice2= ls | wc -c choice3=exit while do clear echo "... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: me.
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two columns output in simple case menu?

EDIT : System used : Any Linux distribution. Hello everyone, I m having quite a headache trying to figure out why I m having a 2 columns output in the following code : #!/bin/ksh menu_rotation() { #Variables CHOIX1="Rotation 1" CHOIX2="Rotation 2" CHOIX3="Rotation 3" ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekullos
11 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Case Statement

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Hey, guys I really need some help with a project. "Write a shell program that examines the command line... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk192010`
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in create menu with 3 sub menu using the case command

hi all i am a newbie to this is there any examples on creating a main menu with 3 sub menu main menu -> option a , b and c a menu -> option 1 ,2 and 3 b menu -> option 1 ,2 c menu -> option 1 ,2 i am getting headache as my code kept getting unexpected EOF ---------- Post... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercm
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special case to skip function in bash menu

In the bash menu below if the variant that is inputted is in the format NM_004004.3:c.274G>T the below works perfectly. My question is if the variant inputted isNM_004004.3:-c.274G>T or NM_004004.3:+c.274G>T then the code as is will throw an error due to a biological issue. Is it possible to to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update Statement User menu input screen

Hi Guys, Any good reference for me to perform user database update statement on table which has quite number of fields could be updated depend on user specified column name and the value to assign. All the approaches are welcome and appreciated. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckwan123
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting with case statement

Foe example we have three environments int,qa and prod.Each environment has some number of servers. int=Server1,Server2,Server3 qa=Server4,Server5,Server6 prod=Server7,Server8,Server9 echo "Enter the Environment i.e int,qa,prod" read env case $env in int) ## Need command where all the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nareshreddy443
9 Replies
Menu::Item(3pm) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Menu::Item(3pm)

NAME
Tk::Menu::Item - Base class for Menu items SYNOPSIS
require Tk::Menu::Item; my $but = $menu->Button(...); $but->configure(...); my $what = $but->cget(); package Whatever; require Tk::Menu::Item; @ISA = qw(Tk::Menu::Item); sub PreInit { my ($class,$menu,$info) = @_; $info->{'-xxxxx'} = ... my $y = delete $info->{'-yyyy'}; } DESCRIPTION
Tk::Menu::Item is the base class from which Tk::Menu::Button, Tk::Menu::Cascade, Tk::Menu::Radiobutton and Tk::Menu::Checkbutton are derived. There is also a Tk::Menu::Separator. Constructors are declared so that $menu->Button(...) etc. do what you would expect. The "-label" option is pre-processed allowing ~ to be prefixed to the character to derive a "-underline" value. Thus $menu->Button(-label => 'Goto ~Home',...) is equivalent to $menu->Button(-label => 'Goto Home', -underline => 6, ...) The "Cascade" menu item creates a sub-menu and accepts these options: -menuitems A list of items for the sub-menu. Within this list (which is also accepted by Menu and Menubutton) the first two elements of each item should be the "constructor" name and the label: -menuitems => [ [Button => '~Quit', -command => [destroy => $mw]], [Checkbutton => '~Oil', -variable => $oil], ] -postcommand A callback to be invoked before posting the menu. -tearoff Specifies whether sub-menu can be torn-off or not. -menuvar Scalar reference that will be set to the newly-created sub-menu. The returned object is currently a blessed reference to an array of two items: the containing Menu and the 'label'. Methods "configure" and "cget" are mapped onto underlying "entryconfigure" and "entrycget". The main purpose of the OO interface is to allow derived item classes to be defined which pre-set the options used to create a more basic item. BUGS
This OO interface is very new. Using the label as the "key" is a problem for separaror items which don't have one. The alternative would be to use an index into the menu but that is a problem if items are deleted (or inserted other than at the end). There should probably be a PostInit entry point too, or a more widget like defered 'configure'. perl v5.14.2 2010-05-29 Menu::Item(3pm)