Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Notify when the script run(hourly)on my jump-box only when there is a failure on my remote-box Post 302926673 by whizkidash on Wednesday 26th of November 2014 02:00:53 AM
Old 11-26-2014
Hi Rudi,

I need the logs, but need to highlight it as to which one is down.(as mentioned below in the example)

I am looking to execute the script hourly basis on my jump-box and to notify me with the below mentioned output.

eg:

Code:
Below Partner_id is down: <Partner_id> (if the user is down)
All Partner_id is ok (If every thing is fine)

the Total partners: count <as per the latest update, with the total count>

Hope everthing is clear now.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run expect script in systems that don't support it out of box

Noob question .. My Java based application needs to change some user passwords based on some user actions. Since this application can run on Redhat AS2.1 / AS4.0 / Solaris 9 etc, the most safe and portable solution that I could think of was: Use expect. Now, expect is not available on all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: namityadav
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Reboot a linux box from a windows box

HI All, I need a script to reboot a linux box from a windows box. The script needs to run automatically whenever a sitescope alerts with an error message. Have searched for this in the forums, but could not get something relative. Pls. let me know the various alternatives we have to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crazy_murli
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Box A's perl script calling box B's shell script

Hi all, i have a perl script one server. I am running a cronjob to execute my perl script. #! /usr/bin/perl ... ... ... #call a shell script on another server How can i accomplish #? Do i have to issue a system (" ssh -l username server | shellscript.sh") in my shell script? or is there a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2ss
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a unix script in one box from another box

i have a unix script which is available in a box say box1 i want this script to be run in box box2 and put the output file in box2 what is the procedure to execute this script in box2 i will call the script in box1 using cybermation (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
1 Replies

5. Linux

Local shell script need to be executed on a remote linux box

I need to execute a shell script on a remote linux box. But the shell script resides on the local linux box where I am currently logged in. Is there a way to do this? I know rsh <host> <command> can execute a command on the remote host. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshomallur
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail on a box failure : Autosys

I need to send invoke a script that sends out a mail, whenever a box fails (i.e., one or more of the jobs in the box fail). The key point is that this job should start on failure of box, but it should be able to find out the jobs in the box that have failed and pass them to the script. Please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hidnana
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp file starting with particular name on Windows box to Unix box using shell script

Hello all ! I'm trying to write a shell script (bash) to ftp a file starting with particular name like "Latest_" that is present on a Windows box to UNIX server. Basically I want to set this script in the cron so that daily the new build that is posted on the Windows box can be downloaded to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijayb4u83
2 Replies

8. Linux

How to find remote Linux box login account without login in to that box?

Hi, How to find remote Linux box login account without login in to that box? I don't have login account at my remote Linux box. But I need who are all having login account. How do I findout? Thanks, --Muthu. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muthuselvan
3 Replies

9. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Copying , renaming the file from windox box and ftp to Linux box

Hello my dear friends, Two file are auto generated from mon - fri at different directories on same windows box.Every day i have to copy the file, rename it (specific name)and ftp it to linux box specified directory. is it possible to automate this process,If yes this has to be done from windows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umesh yadav
1 Replies

10. Programming

Remote login UNIX box from java passing parameters to the custom script called in the profile

Hello Good Day / Guten Tag.... I have to login the server and the user profile contains some scripts which need the inputs to be taken from the keyboard. So I use the method to conn.authenticateWithKeyboardInteractive(username, new InteractiveCallback() { public String... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanalkumaran
1 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)