Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script to Capture a Screenshot Post 302926436 by Corona688 on Monday 24th of November 2014 12:24:27 PM
Old 11-24-2014
That's your kernel -- the 5 megabyte file which gets loaded when you turn on your computer. Everything else is decided by whatever your distribution is, which we still don't know.

Your window manager is particularly important here.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture Oracle return code in shell script

I am using the following code in my shell script list=`sqlplus -s $user/$pwd@$dbms<<EOF WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT SQL.SQLCODE set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo off select * from control_tbl where src_nm=$3 and extrct_nm=$4; exit SQL.SQLCODE; EOF` ERROR=$?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vikas Sood
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture Shell Script Output To A File

Hi, I am running a shell script called dbProcess.sh which performs shutdown and startup of various Oracle instances we have.At the time of execution the script produces the following output to the command line window $./dbProcess.sh stop #### Run Details ###### Hostname : server-hop-1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

3. Programming

C coding for Screenshot capture

Hey guys, I'm for C code that can do screen capture for me. Any help. Thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakesh_01
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture unexpected exit in shell script

Hi, I have shell script that checks processes forever. But somehow it is killed and I want to know what causes it. while do check the processes if they are running, if not restart them done I want to capture the output when the script is terminated, how can I do that? /Andreas (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_andrew
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture makefile errors in shell script

Hi, I have a bash script which calls a few "make". I would like to know whether the makefile failed with any errors. How do I do that in the script? Thanks, S (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryaemlinux
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to capture ORA errors from Alert Log

Hi, as the title says, I am after a simple script, which will open the Alert log from an 11.2.0.1 Linux environment and mail the error message and description to a recipient email address. I can then schedule this job via cron and let it run every 15 minutes. I have searched online... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrpeardba
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell or Perl Loop Screenshot URLs

I am trying to capture screenshots from a huge list of URLs. I am able to manually capture images of individual pages; that is, I simply run the following command to get a screenshot of Foo.com $ python /path/to/screencapture.sh http://www.foo.com I want to modify the script so that instead of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipperuga
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture the exit code of a shell script in a perl script.?

hi, i want to pop up an alert box using perl script. my requirement is. i am using a html page which calls a perl script. this perl script calls a shell script.. after the shell script ends its execution, i am using exit 0 to terminate the shell script successfully and exit 1 to terminate the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture run time of python script executed inside shell script

I have bash shell script which is internally calling python script.I would like to know how long python is taking to execute.I am not allowed to do changes in python script.Please note i need to know execution time of python script which is getting executed inside shell .I need to store execution... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adfire
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need command to capture word from shell script and send email

Hello Experts, Greeting to all of you. I have a requirement, that we have a shell script status.sh that check the status of server and server status shows as status.sh Enterprise Server - Running Admin Server - Shutdown Requirement is like whenever the output shows shutdown it should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aks_1902
2 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				      CPANPLUS::Shell(3pm)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell SYNOPSIS
use CPANPLUS::Shell; # load the shell indicated by your # config -- defaults to # CPANPLUS::Shell::Default use CPANPLUS::Shell qw[Classic] # load CPANPLUS::Shell::Classic; my $ui = CPANPLUS::Shell->new(); my $name = $ui->which; # Find out what shell you loaded $ui->shell; # run the ui shell DESCRIPTION
This module is the generic loading (and base class) for all "CPANPLUS" shells. Through this module you can load any installed "CPANPLUS" shell. Just about all the functionality is provided by the shell that you have loaded, and not by this class (which merely functions as a generic loading class), so please consult the documentation of your shell of choice. BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-cpanplus@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
The CPAN++ interface (of which this module is a part of) is copyright (c) 2001 - 2007, Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default, CPANPLUS::Shell::Classic, cpanp perl v5.12.1 2010-04-26 CPANPLUS::Shell(3pm)