Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to extract start/end times from log file to CSV file? Post 302926298 by Mr.Zizo on Saturday 22nd of November 2014 11:56:12 PM
Old 11-23-2014
How to extract start/end times from log file to CSV file?

Hi,

I have a log file (log.txt) that which contains lines of date/time.
I need to create a script to extract a CSV file (out.csv) that gets all the sequential times (with only 1 minute difference) together by stating the start time and end time of this period.

Sample log file (log.txt)
Code:
14-11-2014 05:23
14-11-2014 05:24
14-11-2014 05:25
14-11-2014 05:26
16-11-2014 13:01
16-11-2014 13:02
16-11-2014 13:03
23-11-2014 03:00
23-11-2014 05:24
23-11-2014 05:25

The CSV out file should look something like the below:
Code:
14-11-2014 05:23,14-11-2014 05:26,4
16-11-2014 13:01,16-11-2014 13:03,3
23-11-2014 03:00,23-11-2014 03:00,1
23-11-2014 05:24,23-11-2014 05:25,2

The first column of each line is the start time, the second column is the end time, and the third column is the number of minutes between the start and end times.

Would you please help me in this?

Thanks in advance.

Zizo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start and End times of background processes

Hi I'm running 4 jobs in the background and I need to write the start and end times to a log file. I know there's probably a simple way to do this but, I can't think of it. I've used nohup <script name> & but, that doesn't record the times. Is there a way to get the start and end times of a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stonemonolith
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract a particular start and end pattern from a line

hi In the foll example the whole text in a single line.... i want to extract text from IPTel to RTCPBase.h. want to use this acrooss the whole file Updated: IPTel\platform\core\include\RTCPBase.h \main\MWS2051_Sablime_Int\1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish205
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract a specific number from an XML file based on the start and end tags

Hello People, I have the following contents in an XML file ........... ........... .......... ........... <Details = "Sample Details"> <Name>Bob</Name> <Age>34</Age> <Address>CA</Address> <ContactNumber>1234</ContactNumber> </Details> ........... ............. .............. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushant172
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

can I specifiy the start and end times manually

Hi I have a ksh script which fetches data from a db using a number of .arc files and creates CSV files for them and puts them on the server. Question is, can I specifiy the start and stop times manually and run the script manually to fetch data for a certain period? # Get the current... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shajju
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

can I specifiy the start and end times manually

Hi I have a ksh script which fetches data from a db using a number of .arc files and creates CSV files for them and puts them on the server. Question is, how can I specifiy the start and stop times specifically so that data is fetched for a certain period? # Get the current time as the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shajju
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from an XML file & write into a CSV file

Hi All, I am having an XML tag like: <detail sim_ser_no_1="898407109001000090" imsi_1="452070001000090"> <security>ADM1=????</security> <security>PIN1=????</security> <security>PIN2=????</security> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use grep sed or awk to extract string from log file and put into CSV

I'd like to copy strings from a log file and put them into a CSV. The strings could be on different line numbers, depending on size of log. Example Log File: File = foo.bat Date = 11/11/11 User = Foo Bar Size = 1024 ... CSV should look like: "foo.bat","11/11/11","Foo Bar","1024" (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipperuga
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract regions of file based on start and end position

Hi, I have a file1 of many long sequences, each preceded by a unique header line. file2 is 3-columns list: headers name, start position, end position. I'd like to extract the sequence region of file1 specified in file2. Based on a post elsewhere, I found the code: awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from XML file and write in CSV file

Hi friend i have input as following XML file <?xml version="1.0"?> <Document xmlns="urn:iso:std:iso:20022:tech:xsd:camt.054.001.02"> <BkToCstmrDbtCdtNtfctn> <GrpHdr><MsgId>LBP-RDJ-TE000000-130042430010001001</MsgId><CreDtTm>2013-01-04T03:21:30</CreDtTm></GrpHdr>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan sharma
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file by start and end row.

I have a file which looks something as following, I would like to split to several files, The start and end of each file is 'FILE' and end with 'ASCII... ' . At the same time for each file in the first column add 100 and also second column add 100 the rest of the column as it is , see example of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tk2000
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)