Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX - remote shell (sudo) - signal 11 core system 50 Post 302925812 by brjohnsmith on Wednesday 19th of November 2014 12:34:27 PM
Old 11-19-2014
Hi anchenle,

yes, it is a easter-egging. the fact is that no one knows what is going on, even the operating system guy, it seems that there is no limit to be resized, and, if the amount of instructions were not so much, it works, so, this is we are considering that the size of the application could be one of the reason of the error. As it is possible to change the application and it does not depend on anyone, it would be easier to do it. However, as I said, if anyone can say something about the operating system parameters, or something like that, I would appreciate in receiving it. (my knowledge in Unix is zero)
one thing that I need to know it is if the process is executed inside any thread, because it could be that this thread would need to be bigger than it is defined.
tks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

sigwait system call in UNIX signal

Hi Everybody, I have gone through man of sigwait and new to UNIX signals. Could anyone explain me about the following lines mentioned in sigwait man help ? "The selection of a signal in set is independent of the signal mask of the calling thread or LWP. This means a thread or LWP can ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: md7ahuja
1 Replies

2. Programming

core dump - signal 9

Hi All, When I ran a multithreaded program in c++, it was core dumped when its core was analysed it indicated that the program was terminated with signal 9. Signal 9 cannot be caught or interrupted. When i analyzed the core further, it showed SING error what could be the reason for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
6 Replies

3. AIX

How to remote backup with AIX system

I have some questions : 1) We can system backup manual by remotely? (Ex: we peform backup a AIX system in Japan from US)How we can do? 2) We can build a script to system backup automatically? How we can do? 3) We can use which third party to do that? Which tool? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guest
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Core dump with Signal 11.

Hi all, I am getting coredump in one of our programs. The last few lines of the tucs output are as below : read(8, "\adb\0\006\0\0\0\0\0060 0 9 2 6 ".., 2064) ...... = 2011 read(8, "\adb\0\006\0\0\0\0\07 4 1 4 5 03".., 2064) ...... = 2011 read(8, "\adb\0\006\0\0\0\0\00 2 6 030 0 ".., 2064)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh.mane
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run Shell Script on Remote System

I honestly tried searching for this in this forum and in google. Maybe I found the answer but didn't even realized it. I would like to run shell script thats on my machine that collects the hostname and IP address from the remote system and sends the output to my machine. I'm not sure if need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elbombillo
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using SCP command in IBM AIX to download file from remote to local system

Hi, When i run the code in solaris unix machine, the file from remote server is getting downloaded. but when i use the same code in IBM AIX remote machine, it is not running. It is saying "Erro during scp transfer." Below is the code. Please give some resolution. SCPClient client = new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gravi2020
1 Replies

7. Solaris

how to login with ssh to remote system with out applying the remote root/usr password

how to login with ssh to remote system with out applying the remote root/user password with rlogin we can ujse .rhosts file but with ssh howits possible plz guide (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX system.... deleting files in remote directory after retrieving files

Hi Friends, I am new to this , I am working on AIX system and my scenario is to retrive the files from remote system and remove the files from the remote system after retreving files. I can able to retrieve the files but Can't remove files in remote system. Please check my code and help me out... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayparakala
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running remote system shell script and c binary file from windows machine using java

Hi, I have an shell script program in a remote linux machine which will do some specific monitoring functionality. Also, have some C executables in that machine. From a windows machine, I want to run the shell script program (If possible using java). I tried with SSH for this. but, in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ram.sj
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sudo connect to a remote server and execute scripts in remote server

Hello Every one!! I am trying to write a shell script which will connect to a remote server and execute scripts which are at a certain path in the remote server. Before this I am using a sudo command to change the user. The place where I am stuck is, I am able to connect to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: masubram
6 Replies
TTYREC(1)						      General Commands Manual							 TTYREC(1)

NAME
ttyrec - a tty recorder SYNOPSIS
ttyrec [-a] [-u] [-e command] [file] DESCRIPTION
Ttyrec is a tty recorder. It is a derivative of script(1) command for recording timing information with microsecond accuracy as well. It can record emacs -nw, vi, lynx, or any programs running on tty. Ttyrec invokes a shell and records the session until the shell exits. Recorded data can be played back with ttyplay(1). If the argument file is given, the session will be recorded in that file. Otherwise, ttyrecord is used as default. OPTIONS
-a Append the output to file or ttyrecord, rather than overwriting it. -u With this option, ttyrec automatically calls uudecode(1) and saves its output when uuencoded data appear on the session. It allow you to transfer files from remote host. You can call ttyrec with this option, login to the remote host and invoke uuencode(1) on it for the file you want to transfer. -e command Invoke command when ttyrec starts. ENVIRONMENT
SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by ttyrec will be that shell. If it's not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
script(1), ttyplay(1), ttytime(1), uuencode(1), uudecode(1) TTYREC(1)