Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need a Shell Script for FTP
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need a Shell Script for FTP Post 302925468 by Corona688 on Monday 17th of November 2014 10:51:20 AM
Old 11-17-2014
So:

Code:
# Check if you can connect.
ftp -nvd $HOST <<EOF
quote user $ftpuser
quote pass $ftppass
hash
prompt off
cd $DstDi
ls $FILE
EOF

if [ "$?" -ne 0 ]
then
        echo "Couldn't connect" >&2
        exit
fi

# Get the remote file
ftp -nvd $HOST << EOF >/tmp/ftp.$NOW.log
quote USER $ftpuser 
quote PASS $ftppass
hash
prompt off
cd $DstDi
lcd $SrcDir
bin
get $FILE $FILE.tmp
bye
EOF

if [ "$?" -ne 0 ]
then
        echo "Couldn't retrieve $FILE" >&2
        exit
fi

if [ "$(wc -l "${DstDir}/$FILE")" -ne "$(wc -l "${DstDir}/$FILE.tmp")" ]
then
        echo "Sizes of original and new file differ" >&2
        exit
fi

echo "Retrieved new file into ${DstDir}/$FILE.tmp" >&2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using ftp in a shell script.

I am trying to ftp some files from a certain directory, but i got an invalid command. does anybody know why i got this error? ftp -v -i -n <<SCRIPT open servername user username password cd /server/logs for file in MCWAS* do put ${file} /home/test/${file} done bye SCRIPT (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: caesarkim
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp in shell script

Hi, I have to ftp to a remote machine. i have got the Ip, username and password and the file path.. I need to get the file name with out user intervention in my script.. is there any way to do this.. please help esham (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: esham
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script for ftp

Hi ,, I am wrting a shell script to ftp a file from remote server but its giving some problem to me.can you help me in debugging this. #!/usr/bin/ksh HOST="some ip" user="user_name" passwd="password" ftp -n $HOST >>END_SCRIPT USER $user $passwd binary prompt get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP via shell script

Hi, I need to upload a file via ftp. I have given : ftp -n $HOST <<END quote user $USER quote pass $PASSWD prompt off put bus.txt quit END Its throwing a syntax error at "<<" symbol. What should be done for this ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: risshanth
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp with shell script

Can I ftp to put file with shell script(as bath file) ? Plz give the simple code to do that. My script look like that #!/bin/sh echo "Start ftp" ftp temphost <<EOF put file quit EOF # end This code ignore username & password but I need to input. How to input username &... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aungomarin
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP in shell script

HI ALL i am writing a shell script in which i have to use FTP command like. FTP <ip address> cd xyz mget* bye but i am not able to perform any command from shell script. once the control goes to FTP, i again have to type all the things. i just want my shell script to take care of the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Shell script for FTP

#!/usr/bin/ksh export filename=/grid/PowerCenter/inbound/AT/filelist.txt export SOURCE_DIR=/grid/PowerCenter/inbound/AT export ICOMS_FTP_TGT_DIR1=/dw/input/ATU/ICOM_SERV1 export ICOMS_FTP_TGT_DIR2=/dw/input/AT/ICOM_SERV2 export FILE_MASK="ATRPU_RP_ATU" echo "start" ftp_data_file() { ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsmeruga
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP within a SHELL script

I am running the following on linux (on a mac): filename="/Users/thisfilename.txt" hostname="ftp.mysite.com" username="myusername" password="mypassword" echo '=======FTP========' ftp -un $hostname <<EOF quote USER $username quote PASS $password binary put $filename quit EOF I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: globalnerds
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help With FTP Shell Script

So i Administer multiple ftp servers that run on dynamic IP's as well as user and password settings are changed by other people constantly. What i need to do is ensure that an FTP is server is up on the IP i check. As well as the login credentials work. Here is a simple script i wrote. However... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Noledge
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP in Shell Script

Dear All, I am using FTP in a script. But when i exit from the FTP session, the commands written after EOF don't get executed. i.e. ftp <<EOF quote $login quote $password cd /tmp mget *somefile* bye EOF echo $some_variable #This last echo command or whatever piece of commands i... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Salman786
10 Replies
PPPOE-CONNECT(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  PPPOE-CONNECT(8)

NAME
pppoe-connect - Shell script to manage a PPPoE link SYNOPSIS
pppoe-connect [config_file] pppoe-connect interface user [config_file] DESCRIPTION
pppoe-connect is a shell script which manages a PPPoE connection using the Roaring Penguin user-space PPPoE client. If you omit con- fig_file, the default file /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0 is used. If you supply interface and user, then they override the Ethernet interface and user-name settings in the configuration file. Note that normally, you should not invoke pppoe-connect directly. Instead, use pppoe-start to bring up the PPPoE connection. pppoe-connect first reads a configuration file. It then brings up a PPPoE connection. If the connection ever drops, a message is logged to syslog, and pppoe-connect re-establishes the connection. In addition, each time the connection is dropped or cannot be established, pppoe-connect executes the script /etc/ppp/pppoe-lost if it exists and is executable. The shell script pppoe-stop causes pppoe-connect to break out of its loop, bring the connection down, and exit. TECHNICAL DETAILS
pppoe-connect uses the following shell variables from the configuration file: ETH The Ethernet interface connected to the DSL modem (for example, eth0). USER The PPPoE user-id (for example, b1xxnxnx@sympatico.ca). PIDFILE A file in which to write the process-ID of the pppoe-connect process (for example, /var/run/pppoe.pid). Two additional files ($PID- FILE.pppd and $PIDFILE.pppoe) hold the process-ID's of the pppd and pppoe processes, respectively. By using different configuration files with different PIDFILE settings, you can manage multiple PPPoE connections. Just specify the con- figuration file as an argument to pppoe-start and pppoe-stop. AUTHOR
pppoe-connect was written by David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>. The pppoe home page is http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/. SEE ALSO
pppoe(8), pppoe-start(8), pppoe-stop(8), pppd(8), pppoe.conf(5), pppoe-setup(8), pppoe-status(8), pppoe-sniff(8), pppoe-server(8), pppoe- relay(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution 21 February 2000 PPPOE-CONNECT(8)