Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Understanding bash code
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Understanding bash code Post 302925434 by vbe on Monday 17th of November 2014 08:13:54 AM
Old 11-17-2014
And you have your answer:
What is the output of:
Code:
 ls $result

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Little Trouble Understanding some code...

Couple of questions as I try to decipher someones code who left... What would something coded like this do? IFS=: grep FIELD1 /Path/Path2/Param.fle | read LBL1 LBL2 USRID EADR SUBJ SERVERNAME CFGTBL DIR ERR=0 Param.fle contents.. FIELD1:FEI::FIELD2:dATAFIELD BATCH:MAIN SERVER......etc.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in understanding thisperl code.

Can any body explains the under given lines of code i have difficulties in understanding it, my $errorlog = "/var/log/controler.log"; &initLanguage($language); &launchCbox(); sub launchCbox { ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raheel Hassan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems understanding example code

I am really new to UNIX and programming in general and so apologies if this thread is a bit simple. I have searched and found a piece of sample code for a training program I am currently undertaking, but seeing as I am relatively new, I dont completely understand how it works. Here is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Makaer
1 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Understanding the code

hello all, May i know what is this "DEBUG_ME $DEBUG_CMD main" doing in the below code. I am confused with alias also "alias DEBUG_ME='#'". Thanks for your help. set -x alias DEBUG_ME='#' if ; then . /product/apps/informatica/v7/pc/ExtProc/debug.ksh "$1" fi # Declaring the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help understanding a simple command in BASH

This is the command. Assume file1 exists but file2 does not: ls file1 file2 >newfile 2>&1 This simply makes a text file with two lines: file1 \n file2 could not be found. What I don't understand is that when you run this command: ls file1 file2 >newfile, it prints "file2 could not be found" to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phunkypants
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help understanding Perl code.

Well, I found myself trying to fix some Perl code (Ive never done any Perl in my life) and I pinpointed the place where the bug could be. But to be sure I have to know what does a few line of code mean: $files_lim =~ (/^\d*$/) $files_lim =~ (/^\d*h$/)$files_age =~ s/h//The code where this was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
0 Replies

7. Programming

Understanding perl code

What is the difference between the two statements below? A: $a->{"$fruit"}->{"$color"}->{size} = $size B: $size = $a->{"$fruit"}->{"$color"}->{size} Please assist. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: onlinelearner02
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with perl code understanding

Hi, I need to understand below perl code, can some one advise me. perl -MDate::Parse -e'BEGIN{$main::now=time;$main::old=(time-60*30)}' -nE'if(/^(\w+\s+\d+\s+\d+:\d+:\d+)/) {$t=str2time $1; $t > $old && $t < $now && print}' (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learnbash
1 Replies

9. Programming

Understanding Assembly Code

As the title suggests, I want to better understand the following assembly code: section .text global main ; must be declared for linker (gcc) main: ; tell linker entry point mov edx, len ; message length mov ecx, msg ; message to write... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Understanding the difference between individual BASH login scripts

Hello... and thanks in advance for reading this or offering me any assistance I'm trying to understand specific differences between the various login scripts... I understand the differences between interactive vs non-interactive and login vs non-login shells... and that's not where my question... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bodisha
4 Replies
thai/thwchar.h(3)						      libthai							 thai/thwchar.h(3)

NAME
thai/thwchar.h - Wide char support for Thai. SYNOPSIS
Macros #define THWCHAR_ERR (~(thwchar_t)0) Wide-character value indicating error. Typedefs typedef wchar_t thwchar_t Thai character type for storing Unicode character. Functions thwchar_t th_tis2uni (thchar_t c) Convert character code from TIS-620 to Unicode. int th_tis2uni_line (const thchar_t *s, thwchar_t *result, size_t n) Convert string from TIS-620 to Unicode. thwchar_t th_winthai2uni (thchar_t c) Convert character code from Thai Windows extended code to Unicode. thwchar_t th_macthai2uni (thchar_t c) Convert character code from Mac Thai extended code to Unicode. thchar_t th_uni2tis (thwchar_t wc) Convert character code from Unicode to TIS-620. int th_uni2tis_line (const thwchar_t *s, thchar_t *result, size_t n) Convert string from Unicode to TIS-620. thchar_t th_uni2winthai (thwchar_t wc) Convert character code from Unicode to Thai Windows extended code. thchar_t th_uni2macthai (thwchar_t wc) Convert character code from Unicode to Mac Thai extended code. Detailed Description Wide char support for Thai. Function Documentation thwchar_t th_macthai2uni (thchar_tc) Convert character code from Mac Thai extended code to Unicode. Parameters: c : Mac Thai character/glyph to convert Returns: Corresponding Unicode code thwchar_t th_tis2uni (thchar_tc) Convert character code from TIS-620 to Unicode. Parameters: c : TIS-620 character to convert Returns: Corresponding Unicode code int th_tis2uni_line (const thchar_t *s, thwchar_t *result, size_tn) Convert string from TIS-620 to Unicode. Parameters: s : source TIS-620 string (null-terminated) result : buffer for storing resulting Unicode string n : size of result buffer (as number of elements) Returns: the length of the output Unicode string thchar_t th_uni2macthai (thwchar_twc) Convert character code from Unicode to Mac Thai extended code. Parameters: wc : Unicode code to convert Returns: Corresponding Mac Thai extended code, or TH_ERR if conversion is impossible thchar_t th_uni2tis (thwchar_twc) Convert character code from Unicode to TIS-620. Parameters: wc : Unicode character to convert Returns: Corresponding TIS-620 code, or TH_ERR if conversion is impossible int th_uni2tis_line (const thwchar_t *s, thchar_t *result, size_tn) Convert string from Unicode to TIS-620. Parameters: s : source Unicode string (null-terminated) result : buffer for storing resulting TIS-620 string n : size of result buffer (as number of elements) Returns: the length of the output TIS-620 string Note that, since the conversion is lossy, some characters in the convesion result may be TH_ERR, indicating conversion error. thchar_t th_uni2winthai (thwchar_twc) Convert character code from Unicode to Thai Windows extended code. Parameters: wc : Unicode code to convert Returns: Corresponding Thai Windows extended code, or TH_ERR if conversion is impossible thwchar_t th_winthai2uni (thchar_tc) Convert character code from Thai Windows extended code to Unicode. Parameters: c : Thai Windows character/glyph to convert Returns: Corresponding Unicode code Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libthai from the source code. Version 0.1.14 Tue Jun 17 2014 thai/thwchar.h(3)