Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Multi-bit ECC Error on X4100 M2 Server Sun Fire Post 302924975 by hicksd8 on Thursday 13th of November 2014 09:33:56 AM
Old 11-13-2014
If you've not already done it, I would disable "quick boot" in the BIOS to force the machine to test all it's memory during POST.

The A1+B1 slot configuration each side is correct according to the book.

Perhaps there's a faulty DIMM. If so, with "quick boot" disabled POST should crash and tell you something.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to telnet from win xp to sun fire v880 server

Hi everybody i am trying to telnet to sun server from win xp machine but getting message "x21 error connection closed by remote user". i had make changes in /etc/default/login & /etc/fuser file still i have not getting telnet access. my win xp machines ip is 10.205.121.177 & sun server ip is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pshelke
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Does the Sun fire x4100 support HVM?

I have looked all over the bios configuration to enable hardware virtualization and found nothing. Could someone tell if this server support it and if so where I go to enable that feature. By the way this is a x86 server. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsandova
0 Replies

3. Solaris

How to create Logical domain in Sun Fire T2000 server

Hi I am fresher in Virtualisation in solaris 10.I need to know how to install and configure guest OS, I have a server Sun T2000 with solaris 10 OS BASE. How to install logical domain, what are the prerequest for installing l domain can some one guide me what are the basic requirement to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris8in
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Fire V240 server Fan replacement

I have a sun fire v240 server. The output of prtdiag -v shows a failed fan. There are 3 fans for cooling system board. There is 1 fan for each of the powersupply (There are 2 powersupplies) From the below output how do i know which fan is bad and whats its location... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Need Help, I want to reset password for Sun Fire T2000 Server

============================== ALOM BOOTMON v1.3.1 ALOM Build Release: 001 Reset register: f0000000 EHRS ESRS LLRS SWRS ALOM POST 1.0 Dual Port Memory Test, PASSED. TTY External - Internal Loopback Test TTY External - Internal Loopback Test, PASSED. TTYC - Internal Loopback Test TTYC -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sameer Naik
4 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Ubuntu Install on Sun Fire X4100 network issues

Hi I have two Sun Fire X4100 machines with Ubuntu 12.04 installed on them. I am able to configure the Net Mgt port with an IP address and access the ILOM from the browser. I can also boot the Ubuntu installed and redirect the output. The issue i have is that when i configure the network... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaf3773
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Help with Solaris 8 10/00 Installation on Sun Fire V490 Server

cat note Hi Sun Solaris Experts, When I try to install Solaris 8 10/00 OS via the Solaris 8 Installation Disk on our Sun Fire V490 Server using the command , I get: boot: cannot open kernel/sparcv9/unix which means it can't find the unix kernel file on the installation disk . By the way, I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssabet
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 1/13 & Sun Fire V490 Server

Hi Solaris/Unix Experts, I've installed Oracle Solaris 10 1/13 on a Sun Fire V490 Server via its external Serial Port using a Cisco Console Cable connected to my Laptop PC running SecureCRT terminal emulation software emulating VT100 Terminal. The Sun Fire V490 server has two on-board... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssabet
1 Replies
ZFSBOOT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						ZFSBOOT(8)

NAME
zfsboot -- bootcode for ZFS on BIOS-based computers DESCRIPTION
zfsboot is used on BIOS-based computers to boot from a filesystem in a ZFS pool. zfsboot is installed in two parts on a disk or a partition used by a ZFS pool. The first part, a single-sector starter boot block, is installed at the beginning of the disk or partition. The second part, a main boot block, is installed at a special offset within the disk or partition. Both areas are reserved by the ZFS on-disk specifi- cation for boot use. If zfsboot is installed in a partition, then that partition should be made bootable using appropriate configuration and boot blocks described in boot(8). BOOTING
The zfsboot boot process is very similar to that of gptzfsboot(8). One significant difference is that zfsboot does not currently support the GPT partitioning scheme. Thus only whole disks and MBR partitions, traditionally referred to as slices, are probed for ZFS disk labels. See the BUGS section in gptzfsboot(8) for some limitations of the MBR scheme support. USAGE
zfsboot supports all the same prompt and configuration file arguments as gptzfsboot(8). FILES
/boot/zfsboot boot code binary /boot.config parameters for the boot block (optional) /boot/config alternative parameters for the boot block (optional) EXAMPLES
zfsboot is typically installed using dd(1). To install zfsboot on the ada0 drive: dd if=/boot/zfsboot of=/dev/ada0 count=1 dd if=/boot/zfsboot of=/dev/ada0 iseek=1 oseek=1024 If the drive is currently in use, the GEOM safety will prevent writes and must be disabled before running the above commands: sysctl kern.geom.debugflags=0x10 zfsboot can also be installed in an MBR slice: gpart create -s mbr ada0 gpart add -t freebsd ada0 gpart create -s BSD ada0s1 gpart bootcode -b /boot/boot0 ada0 gpart set -a active -i 1 ada0 dd if=/boot/zfsboot of=/dev/ada0s1 count=1 dd if=/boot/zfsboot of=/dev/ada0s1 iseek=1 oseek=1024 Note that commands to create and populate a pool are not shown in the example above. SEE ALSO
dd(1), boot.config(5), boot(8), gptzfsboot(8), loader(8), zfsloader(8), zpool(8) HISTORY
zfsboot appeared in FreeBSD 7.3. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
Installing zfsboot with dd(1) is a hack. ZFS needs a command to properly install zfsboot onto a ZFS-controlled disk or partition. BSD
September 15, 2014 BSD