Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Multi-bit ECC Error on X4100 M2 Server Sun Fire Post 302924877 by hhaswan on Wednesday 12th of November 2014 10:12:49 PM
Old 11-12-2014
Error Multi-bit ECC Error on X4100 M2 Server Sun Fire

I have a problem,

I have been installing Redhat Interprise Linux on X4100 M2 Server, when system is reboot after install, the server is restart (reboot) again (alias unlimited).

The bios system show message error "Multi-bit ECC Error" and "bank interleave requested but not enable"

I have been doing experiment and I don't know why this happen.
X4100 M2 Server only suitable with memory DDR2

I put the memory (1 GB x 4, DDR2) on A1 B1 slots on the right and left (CPU 0 and 1), and appear in BIOS.
the system restart again..again, then it can't enter the system of Redhat.

then I move memory and put them in A1 B1 A0 B0 just on the CPU 0, the system restart again has stop and entering the system of Redhat Smilie

I don't know why Smilie ? before this day, memory set on A1 B1 slot and the system don't have problem like this.
I need reason, please Smilie

Last edited by hhaswan; 11-12-2014 at 11:17 PM.. Reason: add more the keyword

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to telnet from win xp to sun fire v880 server

Hi everybody i am trying to telnet to sun server from win xp machine but getting message "x21 error connection closed by remote user". i had make changes in /etc/default/login & /etc/fuser file still i have not getting telnet access. my win xp machines ip is 10.205.121.177 & sun server ip is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pshelke
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Does the Sun fire x4100 support HVM?

I have looked all over the bios configuration to enable hardware virtualization and found nothing. Could someone tell if this server support it and if so where I go to enable that feature. By the way this is a x86 server. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsandova
0 Replies

3. Solaris

How to create Logical domain in Sun Fire T2000 server

Hi I am fresher in Virtualisation in solaris 10.I need to know how to install and configure guest OS, I have a server Sun T2000 with solaris 10 OS BASE. How to install logical domain, what are the prerequest for installing l domain can some one guide me what are the basic requirement to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris8in
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Fire V240 server Fan replacement

I have a sun fire v240 server. The output of prtdiag -v shows a failed fan. There are 3 fans for cooling system board. There is 1 fan for each of the powersupply (There are 2 powersupplies) From the below output how do i know which fan is bad and whats its location... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Need Help, I want to reset password for Sun Fire T2000 Server

============================== ALOM BOOTMON v1.3.1 ALOM Build Release: 001 Reset register: f0000000 EHRS ESRS LLRS SWRS ALOM POST 1.0 Dual Port Memory Test, PASSED. TTY External - Internal Loopback Test TTY External - Internal Loopback Test, PASSED. TTYC - Internal Loopback Test TTYC -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sameer Naik
4 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Ubuntu Install on Sun Fire X4100 network issues

Hi I have two Sun Fire X4100 machines with Ubuntu 12.04 installed on them. I am able to configure the Net Mgt port with an IP address and access the ILOM from the browser. I can also boot the Ubuntu installed and redirect the output. The issue i have is that when i configure the network... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaf3773
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Help with Solaris 8 10/00 Installation on Sun Fire V490 Server

cat note Hi Sun Solaris Experts, When I try to install Solaris 8 10/00 OS via the Solaris 8 Installation Disk on our Sun Fire V490 Server using the command , I get: boot: cannot open kernel/sparcv9/unix which means it can't find the unix kernel file on the installation disk . By the way, I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssabet
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 1/13 & Sun Fire V490 Server

Hi Solaris/Unix Experts, I've installed Oracle Solaris 10 1/13 on a Sun Fire V490 Server via its external Serial Port using a Cisco Console Cable connected to my Laptop PC running SecureCRT terminal emulation software emulating VT100 Terminal. The Sun Fire V490 server has two on-board... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssabet
1 Replies
cimserver(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      cimserver(8)

NAME
cimserver - start or stop the CIM Server; display the version number or running status of the CIM Server SYNOPSIS
cimserver [configProperty=value] ... cimserver -s [ shutdownTimeout = value ] cimserver -v cimserver -h cimserver --help cimserver --version cimserver --status Remarks This command can only be executed by a privileged user. DESCRIPTION
The cimserver command provides a command line interface to stop and start the CIM Server, as well as to display the version number or run- ning status of the CIM Server. After installation, the CIM Server must be started using the cimserver command. If the system is rebooted, the CIM Server will automati- cally restart, with the exception of the case where the CIM Server was shutdown prior to the reboot. Generally, once the CIM Server is started, it is expected to be always running and ready to serve CIM requests. However, if the CIM Server must be stopped and restarted, the cimserver command can be used to shutdown the CIM Server gracefully and restart it at a later time. Starting the CIM Server Issuing the cimserver command without any options starts the CIM Server process. When starting the CIM Server using the cimserver command, the <configProperty=value> syntax can be used to set the configuration properties to be used by the CIM Server. It is important to know that the values specified in the cimserver command apply only to the current CIM Server process that gets started. The default values for the configuration properties do not change. For a list of the CIM Server config- uration properties, see the man page for the cimconfig command. Shutting down the CIM Server Issuing the cimserver command with the -s option stops the CIM Server. Optionally, a timeout value can be specified by setting the shut- downTimeout configuration property. Under normal operation, CIM Server should be able to be shutdown fairly quickly without problem. There are, however, situations that may prevent CIM Server from shutting down within a reasonable amount of time. For example, a provider that is not responding to requests, or a provider that is servicing a long-running CIM request. To handle such situations and to ensure that the CIM Server can be shutdown without having the user wait a long period of time (or indefinitely), a shutdown timeout value is used. The shutdown timeout value is the maximum amount of time (in seconds) the user is willing to wait for the CIM Server to complete all the outstanding CIM operation requests before shutting down the CIM Server. If the specified shutdown timeout period expires, the CIM Server will be shutdown even if there are CIM operations in progress. The shutdown timeout value is a CIM Server configuration property (shut- downTimeout ) that can be changed using the command. The default shutdown timeout value is 10 seconds. A timeout value (in seconds) can be specified in the cimserver command to shutdown the CIM Server using the =value> syntax. This overrides the default shutdown timeout value. The minimum timeout value is 2 seconds. While CIM Server is shutting down, a client connection request will result in a connection error (the same as if the CIM Server were not running). For clients who have already established a connection to the CIM Server, new CIM requests will be rejected with a CIM error indicating that the CIM Server is shutting down. When a client receives a response containing a CIM error indicating that the CIM Server is shutting down, it should close the connection and reconnect to CIM Server at a later time. Options The cimserver command recognizes the following options: -v, --version Display the version number or running status of the CIM Server. -h, --help Display the command usage. --status Display the running status of the CIM Server. -s Stop the CIM Server. Specify the timeout value for shutting down the CIM Server. This can only be used in conjunction with the -s option. The minimum timeout value is 2 seconds. If this is not specified, the default configurable timeout value will be used. configProperty=value Set the value for the specified configuration property to be used in starting the CIM Server. EXIT STATUS
The cimserver command returns one of the following values: 0 Success 1 Error The cimserver --status command returns one of the following values: 0 The CIM Server is running 1 Error 2 The CIM Server is not running When an error occurs, an error message is written to stderr and an error value of 1 is returned. DIAGNOSTICS
unable to connect to CIM Server. CIM Server may not be running. The cimserver command was issued to stop the CIM Server when CIM Server was not running. An exit status value of 1 is returned. Error: Bind failed: Failed to bind socket. The cimserver command was issued to start the CIM Server and the CIM Server was already running. An exit status value of 1 is returned. EXAMPLES
Stop the CIM Server with the default timeout value of 10 seconds. cimserver -s Stop the CIM Server with a timeout value of 5 seconds. cimserver -s shutdownTimeout=5 Start the CIM Server. cimserver Start the CIM Server with the configuration property enableNamespaceAuthorization set to true. cimserver enableNamespaceAuthorization=true Display the version number of the CIM Server. This version number is used to identify the release version of the CIM Server in the OpenPe- gasus release. cimserver -v Display the command usage. cimserver -h SEE ALSO
cimconfig(8). cimserver(8)