Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Confirm the execution of Copy command is successfull or not Post 302924703 by IshuGupta on Wednesday 12th of November 2014 12:49:57 AM
Old 11-12-2014
Confirm the execution of Copy command is successfull or not

All,

I have to copy huge file from one location to another using python . I want to make sure the execution of Copy command is successful and all the files are copied properly (there has not been any abrupt interruption to the copy process or error like no space available is encountered during the execution of copy ) .
Please note that I do not have modification access on the directory from where I am copying .

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to check sqlplus command is successfull or not in HP UX?

Hi All, I am not able to check the output of sqlplus command if it fails. can any body please help me in this regard. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: plaban.rout
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

login partiallly successfull

Hi, I tried logging into a UNIX system with appropriate logins.. It takes lot of time to show prompt.. when i press control C it gives me the prompt.. I observed that the .cshrc file not getting executed successfully.. when i try myself sourcing .cshrc file it doesnot do it... Please let me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not successfull in cron

Hi, I have a script to FTP the files to other unit. Manually this script is running fine & files are getting transferred. But running the same script using crontab does not transfer files, although the cron log shows that the file was executed. PLz suggest (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep_kmehra
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confirm job execution

Hello everybody, Can anybody tell me how do we comfirm the execution of a scheduled job ? In other words, how do I know whether my scheduled script is being executed or not ? Thanks Jitu JK (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jitu.jk
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SFTP was successfull but got return code as 1

Hi, I am using SFTP for transferring files to remote server. Below is the snipped i am using for my sftp program echo "lcd $i_localdir">/tmp/sftp_Batch echo "cd $i_destdir">>/tmp/sftp_Batch echo "put $i_filename">>/tmp/sftp_Batch echo "chmod 644... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ankgne
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confirm file copy

Need to check whether the source file(FTP'ed file) is completly copied or not such that I can further action on the same. I have created the below script to achieve this by checking for every 10secs to whether file size is same or not but it may create a problem if the file transfer is slow and if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: palanisvr
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling another script if it's contains SUCCESSFULL how?

Hi all, i'm a newbie here, I'm just wondering how can i call my second script if it's contain successfull. script1.sh how can i call my 2nd script if he contain SUCCESSFULL script2.sh SUCCESSFULL please advise, Thanks, (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to terminate command execution when string found in the command output

Hi Experts, I am very much new to linux scripting, I am currently working on reducing my manual work and hence writing a script to automate few task. I am running below command to snmpwalk the router.. snmpwalk -v 3 -u WANDL_SU -a MD5 -A vfipmpls -x DES -X VfIpMpLs -l authPriv... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hanumant.madane
19 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple command execution inside awk command during xml parsing

below is the output xml string from some other command and i will be parsing it using awk cat /tmp/alerts.xml <Alert id="10102" name="APP-DS-ds_ha-140018-componentFailure-S" alertDefinitionId="13982" resourceId="11427" ctime="1359453507621" fixed="false" reason="If Event/Log Level(ANY) and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confirm the execution of copy command is successful or not

All, I have to copy huge file from one location to another using python . I want to make sure the execution of Copy command is successful and all the files are copied properly (there has not been any abrupt interruption to the copy process or error like no space available is encountered during... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: IshuGupta
5 Replies
NCOPY(1)							       ncopy								  NCOPY(1)

NAME
ncopy - NetWare file copy SYNOPSIS
ncopy -V ncopy [ -vmMnpptu ] [ -s amount ] file destinationfile|directory ncopy [ -vmMnpptu ] [ -s amount ] file1 [ file2 ... ] directory ncopy -r [ -vmMnpptu ] [ -s amount ] srcdir dstdir DESCRIPTION
With ncopy you can copy files to different locations on a single NetWare file server without generating excess network traffic. The pro- gram uses a NetWare function to do the copy rather than transferring the file across the network for both the read and write. If the last argument is a directory, ncopy will copy the source file(s) into the directory. If only two files are given and the last argu- ment is not a directory, it will copy the source file to the destination file. If the source and destination files are not on the same NetWare server (or are not on NetWare servers at all), ncopy will do a normal file copy. OPTIONS
-V Show version number and exit -v Verbose copy. Will show current file and percentage completion. -m Copy MAC resource fork. Copies MAC resource fork together with data fork. -M Copy MAC resource fork to/from non-MAC filesystem. It expects/creates resource forks in subdirectory .rsrc of each directory copied. If you want to copy files from MAC volume to .rsrc scheme, you must specify both options, -mM. It is not possible to create .rsrc direc- tory on MAC-aware volume in one step, you must first copy data to non-MAC media using ncopy -mM and then copy them back using ncopy -M. If you want to copy files from .rsrc scheme on MAC volume to real MAC multiple-forks file, you must first copy data to non-MAC filesys- tem using ncopy -M and then copy them back using ncopy -mM. -n Nice NetWare copy. Will sleep for a second between copying blocks on the NetWare server. Gives other people a chance to do some work on the NetWare server when you are copying large files. This has no effect if you are not copying on a NetWare server. -s amount Nice time slice factor. Used in conjunction with the -n option, this specifies the number of 100K blocks to copy before sleeping. Default is 10. (1 Megabyte) -p Preserve file attributes and date/time during copy. -pp Preserve file attributes, date/time and owner during copy. Name of owner is preserved, not owner ID. -t Preserve trustees during copy. Trustee name is preserved, not ID. -r Perform recursive copy. -u Perform copy only if mtime or size differs. BUGS
ncopy does not preserve long (MAC, NFS, FTAM, OS2) names during copy. SEE ALSO
ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8) CREDITS
ncopy was written by Brian G. Reid (breid@tim.com) and Tom C. Henderson (thenderson@tim.com). Many thanks to Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) for the ncpfs and ncplib which made ncopy possible. Some further work was done by Petr Vandrovec (van- drove@vc.cvut.cz). ncopy 17/03/1996 NCOPY(1)