Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora How to download latest version of cmake using tar xzf? Post 302924468 by larry burns on Monday 10th of November 2014 01:49:19 AM
Old 11-10-2014
How to download latest version of cmake using tar xzf?

Last edited by larry burns; 12-18-2014 at 03:12 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the latest version of Unix?

I want to buy it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LANSTARR.COM
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unlogical error on tar xzf

Hi all, I'm disapointing : This morning I have successfully tar/gzip (tar czf) some directories to generate archives. These archives have been created in a directory named /save, on "/" FS. After this operation, a system administrator have "on-my-demand" rebuild discs architecture except the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
5 Replies

3. BSD

latest version of bsd

Any body there ? What is latest BSD version ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chilaka
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about how to ftp download the latest file from a directory

Dear all, Hope you are doing well. I am in trouble to write a shell for ftp downloading the latest file from remote server. Situation: There is a directory named 'weekly' which contains .csv files with the following pattern: RES_EN_100417-080003.csv.Z. The new file is generated... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kel1014
3 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Download latest Ubuntu version from linux command

I have ubuntu 10.4 on my system and want to download newer Ubuntu version like 11.04. Is there any linux command(something like apt-get source used for downloading kernel source) using which I can download directly the newer ubuntu relaease? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Want to download a latest file with current date from FTP location

Dear Friends, I need help to write a shell / perl script to download the files from FTP location, having different file names (date inside the file name). Example: Mar 5 09:24 cfx_03052013_return_file.txt Mar 6 02:13 cfx_03062013_return_file.txt Mar 7 06:40... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen Pandit
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Download latest file via ftp server unix through shell script

Hello this is my first post in this forum , I dont want to be unhappy.. I am writing one script but facing difficulty to find the latest file with some new pattern My requirement is 1. The file is coming like "ABCD-23220140303" at FTP server once in a week. 2. script will run on daily... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajju
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read latest file name with a date and time and then download from FTP

Hi All, Please help. I have requirement to read the file / folder based on the latest date and download the file and folder. There will be files and folders in the location like 20140630-144422 20140630-144422.csv 20140707-182653 20140707-182653.csv 20140710-183153... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen Pandit
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Problem to download cmake extra modules v 1.7

Hello. I am currently trying to compile kde-baseapps. I issue this command: which returns So I need this ECM stuff. I found this: extra-cmake-modules.git - Extra modules and scripts for CMake.. When I click in the corresponding link in the column, I receive this: This also happens... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: colt
2 Replies
LWP-DOWNLOAD(1) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   LWP-DOWNLOAD(1)

NAME
lwp-download - Fetch large files from the web SYNOPSIS
lwp-download [-a] [-s] <url> [<local path>] DESCRIPTION
The lwp-download program will save the file at url to a local file. If local path is not specified, then the current directory is assumed. If local path is a directory, then the last segment of the path of the url is appended to form a local filename. If the url path ends with slash the name "index" is used. With the -s option pick up the last segment of the filename from server provided sources like the Content- Disposition header or any redirect URLs. A file extension to match the server reported Content-Type might also be appended. If a file with the produced filename already exists, then lwp-download will prompt before it overwrites and will fail if its standard input is not a terminal. This form of invocation will also fail is no acceptable filename can be derived from the sources mentioned above. If local path is not a directory, then it is simply used as the path to save into. If the file already exists it's overwritten. The lwp-download program is implemented using the libwww-perl library. It is better suited to down load big files than the lwp-request program because it does not store the file in memory. Another benefit is that it will keep you updated about its progress and that you don't have much options to worry about. Use the "-a" option to save the file in text (ascii) mode. Might make a difference on dosish systems. EXAMPLE
Fetch the newest and greatest perl version: $ lwp-download http://www.perl.com/CPAN/src/latest.tar.gz Saving to 'latest.tar.gz'... 11.4 MB received in 8 seconds (1.43 MB/sec) AUTHOR
Gisle Aas <gisle@aas.no> perl v5.16.2 2012-01-13 LWP-DOWNLOAD(1)