Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to pass date to SQL server SP? Post 302924308 by blackrageous on Friday 7th of November 2014 04:23:31 PM
Old 11-07-2014
I gather you are using the sqlcmd client on the UNIX side. The sqlcmd -v switch (at least on the dos version is for the purpose of passing variables into the embeddeded SQL input file.

Please confirm that you are running sqlcmd on unix. If so what operating system / version of Unix?
This User Gave Thanks to blackrageous For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass multiple variables to SQL script

I am trying to close of multiple users in an Oracle database. Each users has records in multiple tables what I need to do is use a script that call each SQL seperately passing either CLI arguments or gathered arguments from the users during run time. ## Accept variable(s) from the command line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass variable to sql

Please help. I got these error. I'm try to pass variable extract from data-file.txt to sql file(select.sql). cat: cannot open select cat: cannot open * cat: cannot open from cat: cannot open user cat: cannot open where cat: cannot open name=$list; #!/bin/bash list=`sed q... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: killboy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass a variable to SQL script

Hi Guys, I like to pass a variable to a sql file in a unix script.. I tried a below code.. var=200903 db2 -vf test.sql 200903 test.sql is as below. select * from db2.users where quarter = $1; Please tell me where i go wrong.. Thanks in advance, Magesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass the first date and last date of previous month

Hi All, I need to run a job every month at the beginning of the month which is scheduled through autosys, lets say on 03/01/2010. I need to pass the last month's i.e February's first_date = 02/01/2010 and last_date = 02/28/2010 as variables to a stored procedure. Can somebody please pass... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vigdmab
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass value from unix shell to sql session?

Here is the situation, I have file from which I am reading records line by line. Based upon some condition I need to pass a field from a sql session to get some data from a table. I don't have any idea how to do it.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mady135
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass perl array to SQL oracle

Hello, Could someone please suggest if there is a way to pass an perl array(pass @v_array) to SQL as in below eg : #!/usr/bin/perl @v_array = (1,2,4,5,6,8); $db_userid = 'ni71/ni711'; $bufTPO = qx{ sqlplus -s << EOF $db_userid set verify off set feedback off set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunshankar.c
1 Replies

7. Programming

pass value from Oracle sql to Korn shell

Hi All , I am trying to pass a value from sqlplus to korn shell . There is a table tab1 in Oracle that has a column userdate. I need to pass the userdate to the korn shell . This is what I am doing . VALUE=`sqlplus -silent username/password << END set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass string into sql query?

Hi Gurus, I have a request which needs to pass string into sql. dummy code as below: sqlplus -s user/password@instance << EOF >>output.txt set echo off head off feed off pagesize 0 trimspool on linesize 1000 colsep , select emp_no, emp_name from emp where emp_no in ('a', 'b', 'c'); exit;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass a shellscript variable to a sql file?

Hi, i wan't to pass a shellscript variable to a sql file. a.sql select $field from dual; the way i am calling this is through sqlplus field_name="sysdate" sqlplus -s username/password@hostname:port/servicename <<EOF @a.sql $field_name EOF (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reignangel2003
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

To pass one month range in sql script

Hi Guys, i am having .sql script which inserts data from one table to another table based on date condition, i need to pass range on based on how many number of months, for e.g set timing on; whenever sqlerror exit failure; spool myscript.log append accept start_date... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
7 Replies
LedgerSMB::Locale(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    LedgerSMB::Locale(3pm)

NAME
LedgerSMB::Locale - Locale handling class for LedgerSMB SYNOPSIS
Locale support module for LedgerSMB. Uses Locale::Maketext::Lexicon as a base. METHODS
get_handle ($language_code) Returns a locale handle for accessing the other methods. Inherited from Locale::Maketext. text ($string, @params) Returns the translation for the given string. This is a legacy wrapper that merely calls $self->maketext. date ($myconfig, $date, $longformat) Returns the given date after formatting it. $longformat is a ternary flag that determines how the date is formatted. If $longformat is true, the date will be given in the form of "_('September') 23 2007". If $longformat is false but defined, the date will be in the form of "_('Sep') 23 2007" unless the date is given in the form 'yyyy.mm.dd', in which case it is returned as-is. If $longformat is not defined, the date will be output in the format specified by $myconfig->{dateformat}. Copyright (C) 2006, The LedgerSMB core team. #==================================================================== # # Locale support module for LedgerSMB # LedgerSMB::Locale # # LedgerSMB # Small Medium Business Accounting software # http://www.ledgersmb.org/ # # # Copyright (C) 2006 # This work contains copyrighted information from a number of sources # all used with permission. It is released under the GNU General # Public License Version 2 or, at your option, any later version. # See COPYRIGHT file for details. # # This file contains source code included with or based on SQL-Ledger # which is Copyright Dieter Simader and DWS Systems Inc. 2000-2005 # and licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2 or, at # your option, any later version. For a full list including contact # information of contributors, maintainers, and copyright holders, # see the CONTRIBUTORS file. # # Original Copyright Notice from SQL-Ledger 2.6.17 (before the fork): # Copyright (C) 2000 # # Author: DWS Systems Inc. # Web: http://www.sql-ledger.org # # Contributors: Thomas Bayen <bayen@gmx.de> # Antti Kaihola <akaihola@siba.fi> # Moritz Bunkus (tex) # Jim Rawlings <jim@your-dba.com> (DB2) # #==================================================================== perl v5.14.2 2012-06-01 LedgerSMB::Locale(3pm)