Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print lines based on line number and specified condition Post 302924099 by Anjan1 on Thursday 6th of November 2014 07:16:51 AM
Old 11-06-2014
I have tried it in perl.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

use warnings;
use strict;

my @result;

my $filename = "new_num.txt";

my $i;
unlink $filename;

#START:
while(<>) {

$_ =~ s/,/\n/g;

if (($. == 1) .. ($. == 3)) {

#$_ =~ s/^ //g;

push (@result,$_);

print "@result";

foreach $i (@result) {

$i =~ s/\n/,/g;

open FILE,">>$filename" or die "Cannot read the file $filename: $!\n";

print FILE "$i";

#print FILE "\n";

@result = ();

#goto START;

}

ravinder singh can you please explain me your awk code.

Last edited by Anjan1; 11-06-2014 at 08:37 AM.. Reason: code change

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching and storing unknown number of lines based on the string with a condition

Dear friends, Please help me to resolve the problem below, I have a file with following content: date of file creation : 12 feb 2007 ==================== = name : suresh = city :mumbai #this is a blank line = date : 1st Nov 2005 ==================== few lines of some text this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: swamymns
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print selection of line based on line number

Hi Unix gurus Basically i am searching for the pattern and getting the line numbers of the grepped pattern. I am trying to print the series of lines from 7 lines before the grepped line number to the grepped line number. I am trying to use the following code. but it is not working. cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanm
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print lines based on string match on another line and condition

Hi folks, I have a text file that I need to parse, and I cant figure it out. The source is a report breaking down softwares from various companies with some basic info about them (see source snippet below). Ultimately what I want is an excel sheet with only Adobe and Microsoft software name and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rowie718
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines based on line number

I have a file with ~200K lines, I need to delete 4K lines in it. There is no range. I do have the line numbers of the lines which I want to be deleted. I did tried using > cat del.lines sed '510d;12d;219d;......;3999d' file > source del.lines Word too long. I even tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice_man
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge two non-consecutive lines based on line number or string

This is a variation of an earlier post found here: unixcom/shell-programming-scripting/159821-merge-two-non-consecutive-lines.html User Bartus11 was kind enough to solve that example. Previously, I needed help combining two lines that are non-consecutive in a file. Now I need to do the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: munkee
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

join based on line number when one file is missing lines

I have a file that contains 87 lines, each with a set of coordinates (x & y). This file looks like: 1 200.3 -0.3 2 201.7 -0.32 ... 87 200.2 -0.314 I have another file which contains data that was taken at certain of these 87 positions. i.e.: 37 125 42 175 86 142 where the first... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jackiev
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

print lines between line number

Hi, Anyone help me to print the lines from the flat file between 879th line number and 1424th line number. The 879 and 1424 should be passed as input to the shell script(It should be dynamic). Can any one give me using sed or awk? I tried using read, and print the lines..Its taking too... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil_is
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed print range of lines between line number and pattern

Hi, I have a file as below This is the line one This is the line two <\XMLTAG> This is the line three This is the line four <\XMLTAG> Output of the SED command need to be as below. This is the line one This is the line two <\XMLTAG> Please do the need to needful to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RMN
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print certain lines based on condition

Hi All, I have following listing Filesystem GB blocks Free Used Iused Iused Mounted on /dev/hd2 4.00 0.31 93 63080 43 /usr Filesystem GB blocks Free Used Iused Iused Mounted on Filesystem GB blocks Free Used Iused Iused... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Reading a file line by line and print required lines based on pattern

Hi All, i want to write a shell script read below file line by line and want to exclude the lines which contains empty value for MOUNTPOINT field. i am using centos 7 Operating system. want to read below file. # cat /tmp/d5 NAME="/dev/sda" TYPE="disk" SIZE="60G" OWNER="root"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu1234
4 Replies
ExtUtils::Packlist(3pm) 				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				   ExtUtils::Packlist(3pm)

NAME
ExtUtils::Packlist - manage .packlist files SYNOPSIS
use ExtUtils::Packlist; my ($pl) = ExtUtils::Packlist->new('.packlist'); $pl->read('/an/old/.packlist'); my @missing_files = $pl->validate(); $pl->write('/a/new/.packlist'); $pl->{'/some/file/name'}++; or $pl->{'/some/other/file/name'} = { type => 'file', from => '/some/file' }; DESCRIPTION
ExtUtils::Packlist provides a standard way to manage .packlist files. Functions are provided to read and write .packlist files. The original .packlist format is a simple list of absolute pathnames, one per line. In addition, this package supports an extended format, where as well as a filename each line may contain a list of attributes in the form of a space separated list of key=value pairs. This is used by the installperl script to differentiate between files and links, for example. USAGE
The hash reference returned by the new() function can be used to examine and modify the contents of the .packlist. Items may be added/deleted from the .packlist by modifying the hash. If the value associated with a hash key is a scalar, the entry written to the .packlist by any subsequent write() will be a simple filename. If the value is a hash, the entry written will be the filename followed by the key=value pairs from the hash. Reading back the .packlist will recreate the original entries. FUNCTIONS
new() This takes an optional parameter, the name of a .packlist. If the file exists, it will be opened and the contents of the file will be read. The new() method returns a reference to a hash. This hash holds an entry for each line in the .packlist. In the case of old- style .packlists, the value associated with each key is undef. In the case of new-style .packlists, the value associated with each key is a hash containing the key=value pairs following the filename in the .packlist. read() This takes an optional parameter, the name of the .packlist to be read. If no file is specified, the .packlist specified to new() will be read. If the .packlist does not exist, Carp::croak will be called. write() This takes an optional parameter, the name of the .packlist to be written. If no file is specified, the .packlist specified to new() will be overwritten. validate() This checks that every file listed in the .packlist actually exists. If an argument which evaluates to true is given, any missing files will be removed from the internal hash. The return value is a list of the missing files, which will be empty if they all exist. packlist_file() This returns the name of the associated .packlist file EXAMPLE
Here's "modrm", a little utility to cleanly remove an installed module. #!/usr/local/bin/perl -w use strict; use IO::Dir; use ExtUtils::Packlist; use ExtUtils::Installed; sub emptydir($) { my ($dir) = @_; my $dh = IO::Dir->new($dir) || return(0); my @count = $dh->read(); $dh->close(); return(@count == 2 ? 1 : 0); } # Find all the installed packages print("Finding all installed modules... "); my $installed = ExtUtils::Installed->new(); foreach my $module (grep(!/^Perl$/, $installed->modules())) { my $version = $installed->version($module) || "???"; print("Found module $module Version $version "); print("Do you want to delete $module? [n] "); my $r = <STDIN>; chomp($r); if ($r && $r =~ /^y/i) { # Remove all the files foreach my $file (sort($installed->files($module))) { print("rm $file "); unlink($file); } my $pf = $installed->packlist($module)->packlist_file(); print("rm $pf "); unlink($pf); foreach my $dir (sort($installed->directory_tree($module))) { if (emptydir($dir)) { print("rmdir $dir "); rmdir($dir); } } } } AUTHOR
Alan Burlison <Alan.Burlison@uk.sun.com> perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 ExtUtils::Packlist(3pm)