Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to pass parameter from file to sqlplus in UNIX? Post 302923837 by pallvi_mahajan on Tuesday 4th of November 2014 06:05:06 PM
Old 11-04-2014
Hi Junior,

I have modified my script like this

and file has below content
Code:
'324324324'
'232423434'
'232424444'
'234324444'

UNIX SCRIPT
Code:
d=`paste -sd, file.txt`
sqlplus -s username/password@servername @file.sql $d >> file1.txt

file.sql
Code:
define id=&1
select * from acct_table where acct in ($id)
exit

But i am not getting any o/p, seems like variable is not extended in sql, please let me know where i did mistake.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to pass unix variable to SQLPLUS

hi fellows, can any body tell me how to pass unix variables to oracle code is... #! /bin/ksh echo ENTER DATE VALUE's read START_DATE END_DATE sqlplus xyx/abc@oracle select * from table1 where coloumn1 between $START_DATE and $END_DATE; is this is correct way........... Thanks in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chiru
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass tablename as a parameter in the Control File -- sqlldr

Just wanted to know if there is a way to pass the table name as a parameter in the control file. I have two tables...Table A and Table B. LOAD DATA append INTO TABLE TABLE_B FIELDS TERMINATED BY X'09' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"' AND '"' TRAILING NULLCOLS Rather than hard coding... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhunk
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To pass the .sql file as a paramter to sqlplus through shell programming

Hi, Currently i have a .sql file 1.sql. I need to pass that as a parameter through a shell script to the sqlplus inside the same shell script. How I should I do.can anyone help me pls. I have an req where I need to send the .sql file and the place where the script has to create a .csv... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hemamalini
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass parameter from sqlplus(procedure completed) to your shell script

if then # mail -s "Import failed file does not exist" sanjay.jaiswal@xyz.com echo "FILE does not exist" exit 1 fi echo "FILE EXIST" size=-1 set $(du /export/home/oracle/nas/scott21.dmp.gz) while do echo "Inside the loop" size=$1 set $(du... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanora600
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass value from file to parameter

Hi Guys, I have a file in the format Parmater=value. I want to read the value and pass it to corresponding Variable. The Parameter file is as follows Number=23 Text1=mango Text2=yup 'Number' value needs to be read and passed to ID variable. Also, 'Text1' value needs to be passed to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing a Unix parameter to SQLPlus login command

hi All, i m trying to pass a user choice paramter from unix to sqlplus connect command here i want the user to enter the username and password he wants to connect in sql plus through read in unix and then automatically connect to that instance. sqlplus -s $1/$2 where $ 1 and $2 will b... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQLPLUS Password Parameter file being used when logging in

Good day to everyone. This is my first time posting and just barely above basic Unix training. I think i have search thoroughly to ensure my question hasn't already been posted. But on the off chance the answer has been posted, please be nice as I am not 100% sure I know what I am looking for. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mrjester
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass the parameter in xml file in UNIX shell script?

Hi, I have an XML file like the following... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <ONDEMAND_JOB VERSION="5.1" LOCALE="en_US"> <IMPORT_JOBSET TC_CONNECTION_NAME="default" ENVIRONMENT="PRD" USERNAME="Administrator" PASSWORD="AdminPassword" CALENDAR="Main Monthly Calendar"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Debalina Roy
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass the parameter in xml file in UNIX shell script?

Hi, I have an XML file like the following... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <ONDEMAND_JOB VERSION="5.1" LOCALE="en_US"> <IMPORT_JOBSET TC_CONNECTION_NAME="default" ENVIRONMENT="PRD" USERNAME="Administrator" PASSWORD="AdminPassword" CALENDAR="Main Monthly Calendar"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Debalina Roy
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How pass the input parameter to a file in the script ?

OS version: RHEL 6.7 myTextFile.txt file is referred within Script1.sh script, I only execute Script1.sh and I want the input variable to be passed inside myTextFile.txt . Any idea how I can do this ? $ cat script1.sh cat myTextFile.txt $ cat myTextFile.txt $1 Requirement1.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
4 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)