Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 p2v migration issue Post 302923203 by gull04 on Friday 31st of October 2014 07:26:07 AM
Old 10-31-2014
Hi,

As hicksd8 said, you'll only need the brand packages if you are deploying Solaris 8 ot 9 branded containers - so in your case you won't need the packages.

Regards

Dave

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Migration Solaris 5.8 to 10

Hi, it is necessary to make the migration of Solaris 5.8 for Solaris 10, would like to know which the best form to execute this task, if to be able to say me where I can arrange some manual that helps me to make this task. Thanks :o (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bruno_a_correia
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris migration

Hi , There is going to be a server migration from Solaris 8.0 to Solaris10.0. Could anyone give me some tips and documents regarding the steps to be remembered,tips to be followed etc. like syntax differences any new changes to the existing commands and tools we use whatever the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohanpadamata
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Migration from HP-UX to Solaris/Linux

Hi eveyone Ours is an application hosted on HP-UX 11 and we are trying to migrate the server to different flavour of UNIX. We are actually looking at the option of migrating it to Sun Solaris or Linux. We are trying to evaulate the pros and cons of migrating our application to Solaris/Linux.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: turaga.krishna
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Migration from solaris 8 to 10

Hello, We have upgraded our system from SunOS 5.8 to Solaris 10. I would like to know if the applications (written in c, c++, pro*c, java,..) running on the 5.8 can run on the Solaris 10 without code modification or the need to be recompiled ? thanks you for your help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jidma
4 Replies

5. Linux

Migration from solaris to linux

Hi, Currently I can able to access php script from solaris. I want to access from Linux I have done the following things: 1) I have copied all the scripts from solaris to linux. 2) I have installed php,mysql,apache. I tried with http://Hostname/username/test.php . This is not working .... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Migration of Solaris 10 on physical host to Solaris Zones

Hi All Kindly let me know how can I move Solaris 10 OS running update 10 on physical machine to another machine solaris zone running Solaris 10 update 11 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies

7. AIX

AIX Migration issue with EMC ODM sets

Hi Experts , I want to start migrating our AIX 6.1 to AIX 7.1 . I am planning to use alt_disk_migration . Chris gibson has awesome documentation in the internet. However I am running into an issue with EMC odm filesets . So my current OS is AIX 6.1. and I have this : lslpp -l | grep EMC ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JME2015
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX to RHEL migration - awk treating 0e[0-9]+ as 0 instead of string issue

Greetings Experts, We are migrating from AIX to RHEL Linux. I have created a script to verify and report the NULLs and SPACEs in the key columns and duplicates on key combination of "|" delimited set of big files. Following is the code that was successfully running in AIX. awk -F "|" 'BEGIN {... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Migration from AIX to Solaris

We are going to work on a project which aims at migrating set of applications from AIX to Solaris. The major portion of the source code involves C, C++, Shell/PERL scripts and Oracle database. We are grateful hear about any commercial tools available for porting AIX to Solaris. Another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Namitap
2 Replies
suninstall(1M)                                            System Administration Commands                                            suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)