Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Stale PPs in AIX, failed disks.. how to replace? Post 302922705 by bakunin on Monday 27th of October 2014 09:41:25 PM
Old 10-27-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3rb3rus
Am I looking to see that a LP# is not on both failed disks?
Excactly. Your listing looks like this:

Code:
LP    PP1  PV1               PP2  PV2               PP3  PV3
0001  0111 hdisk0            0056 hdisk1            
0002  0111 hdisk1            0056 hdisk2            
0003  0111 hdisk2            0056 hdisk3            
0004  0111 hdisk3            0056 hdisk4

What you look for are lines like these:

Code:
LP    PP1  PV1               PP2  PV2               PP3  PV3
[...]
nnnn  xxxx hdisk31           yyyy hdisk3
nnnn  xxxx hdisk3            yyyy hdisk31
nnnn  xxxx hdisk3            yyyy hdisk3
nnnn  xxxx hdisk31           yyyy hdisk31

I didn't bother to build it but a little sed/awk/grep-filtering should do the trick nicely.

Any of these would mean that you lost both copies of a certain LP and thus data. In this case you will need to restore the respective LV from backup no matter what. You need to verify of this being the case first, because you will not be able to remove the missing disks with the method i described otherwise.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disks on AIX

Hello I've been working on AIX 5.3 ML3 on IBM pSeries520. That server has 6 HDD drives in 3 volume groups (1+mirror in each group). I must check which phisical disk is which disk in the system. For ex. I want to know that disk in 4th slot in the machine is marked as hdisk5 on AIX. Does anybody... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: piooooter
2 Replies

2. AIX

Replace a Failed Root Disk in AIX

My root disk is failed and how to replace the root disk in AIX. Can u give a detailed explanation in step wise. Pls give the answer taking different scenarios. Regards Praveen (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chinnu_mulakala
1 Replies

3. AIX

system disks on aix 5.3

hello i'm running on P570 box aix 5.3 8 cpus 24G ram there are 1850 users loged in to this box the problem is that the two sysytem disks busy all the time hdisk0 100% busy hdisk1 100% busy some one have an idea what writing to this disks? thanks ariec (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ariec
9 Replies

4. AIX

Configurin EMC SAN disks on AIX

This may sound like an absolute rookie question, and it is. I have been working on Migrating our HP and Solaris servers to the new EMC SAN and know the routines backwards. Now we've suddenly got a new IBM server and I don't even know how to check if it is connected to the switch. Can someone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ronellevan
1 Replies

5. AIX

Configuring new disks on AIX cluster

We run two p5 nodes running AIX 5L in a cluster mode (HACMP), both the nodes share external disk arrays. Only the primary node can access the shared disks at a given point of time. We are in the process of adding two new disks to the disk arrays so as to make them available to the existing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnicky
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Command to find the failed disks in SVM and VxVM

How to find & replace bad disks in solaris & VXVM?plz explain step by step? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtreams
2 Replies

7. AIX

Issue with increasing size of SAN disks on AIX

HI, I have had an issue last night while trying to extend a filesystsem . chvg -g <vg> command cameback with an error 0516-1790 chvg: Failed bootinfo -s hdisk9. Ensure the physical volume is available and try again. 0516-732 chvg: Unable to change volume group u01vg. the VG has 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xmen01
1 Replies

8. AIX

How to reclaim hard disks and IP's in AIX?

Hello I recently received a request to reclaim hard disks and IP addresses within an AIX system(s). THe file systems are no longer in use and the client has indicated that it is OK to remove them and reclaim the disks and release the IP's. Now, since the file systems belong to a Volume group I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joseph Sabo
8 Replies

9. AIX

AIX - stale partition

Hi everybody, I have a little problem with my AIX 6.1, PowerHA 6.1 LVM mirror. After problem with SAN pathing of our one Datacenter, I have LV at stale state. # lsvg cpsdata2vg VOLUME GROUP: cpsdata2vg VG IDENTIFIER: 00fb518c00004c0000000169445f4c2c VG STATE: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Necronomic
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

DISKs are gone after shutting down and replace an FC card

Hi there, I had issue with one of MY FC cards on T4-2 servers so system team replace it and start the machine but when launch FORMAT command so I don't see my shared disks coming from storage controller. i have checked at the Fabric switch so WWN numbers are visible and zones are ok and after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: janakors
1 Replies
UNICODE_START(1)					      General Commands Manual						  UNICODE_START(1)

NAME
unicode_start - put keyboard and console in unicode mode SYNOPSIS
unicode_start [font [umap]] DESCRIPTION
The unicode_start command will put the keyboard and console into Unicode (UTF-8) mode. For the keyboard this means that one can attach 16-bit U+xxxx values to keyboard keys using loadkeys(1), and have these appear as UTF-8 input to user programs. Also, that one can type hexadecimal Alt-xxxx using the numeric keypad, and again produce UTF-8. For the console this means that the kernel expects UTF-8 output from user programs, and displays the output accordingly. The parameter font is a font that is loaded. It should have a built-in Unicode map, or, if it hasn't, such a map can be given explicitly as second parameter. When no font was specified, the current font is kept. NOTE
Unicode mode is a parameter with a value per virtual console. However, usually the font and keymap is common to all consoles. SEE ALSO
dumpkeys(1), kbd_mode(1), loadkeys(1), unicode_stop(1), utf-8(7), setfont(8) 3 Feb 2001 UNICODE_START(1)