Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Truss output
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Truss output Post 302922383 by ghostdog74 on Friday 24th of October 2014 09:49:29 AM
Old 10-24-2014
you could convert what you are doing in your shell script to Java, and do away with the extra "overheads"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

truss

I'm a DBA so no abuse please! I've for 5 Oracle Forms processes that are spinning and am trying to find out if they're doing anything: Running HPUX 11.11 CPU TTY PID USERNAME PRI NI SIZE RES STATE TIME %WCPU %CPU COMMAND 9 ? 2735 oracle 241 20 24228K 16668K run 2607:29 84.92... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fraze
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

truss results

I have tried to analyze the log of truss shown below. I haven't found anything clear for me indicating the problem. The process is the server that accepts client connections. To establish the connection it starts the child thread then it should transfer data. In reality it gets only connection.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gogogo
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

truss output

Hi, We keep getting hanging Oracle process for our ETL. The dba's asked me to do o truss. All I see is pages and pages of the following,:cool: pollsys(0xFFFFFFFF7FFF38C8, 1, 0xFFFFFFFF7FFF3800, 0x00000000) = 0 pollsys(0xFFFFFFFF7FFF38C8, 1, 0xFFFFFFFF7FFF3800, 0x00000000) = 0... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyadm
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use truss?

Hi all, while trying to debug and figure out why a lofiadm command was not working on my script, i came across a cmd called "truss" all i know about it is that it executes the specified command and produces a trace of the system calls it performs, the signals it receives, and the machine faults... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

truss output

Hi I have to get redirect the truss ouput to file. I am doing truss -p 12121 >> output.txt But it still displays on the screen adn output.txt is empty Can some help how to do this? Thanks in advance Ammu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ammu
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with truss !

i have to gather some info about a process and redirect it to a1.txt file. For this i m using truss command truss -po a1.txt $PID_Detail where $PID_Detail= 1482944 3362976 -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Below the script: #!/bin/ksh for i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
6 Replies

7. AIX

Truss output

Hello, I'm using AIX 5.3.12.5 and trying to understand truss output. I'm running a job with real time of 16 minutes but only 4 minutes of CPU time. I'm trying to understand what the process is doing. I'm getting a lot of kread, kpread, kwrite, kpwrite... localhost:~ x$ grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kovacs
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Truss output

Hi, I want to trace a background java program which runs in infinite loop. I have used truss command for this. But the program terminated after some hours with below truss output: Received signal #1, SIGHUP, in lwp_cond_wait() /1: siginfo: SIG#0 Please let me know what... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hara Prasad
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Truss output interpretation

hi, anyone can help on this piece of truss output? 8094: 0.7028 write(4, 0x0043BE90, 236) = 236 8094: T S H \0\0\0EC020101\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0 "02\0\0 303\0\0 I D 8094: \f %\0\0\0\0 2\0F67F\0\0\0\0 @06FFC99A ; 8094: L D6\0 303 8094: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghostdog74
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unable to understand the output of TRUSS command

Hi, I am trying to set ulimit for soft stack unlimited, but this is not taking effect, after tracing the ulimit -a unlimited command, the below output was generated, which i am unable to comprehend. Could any one help me with this? prcbap1-r10prod: truss -d ulimit -s unlimited Tue Dec 30... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NasirAbbasi
2 Replies
MACROS.JPACKAGE(7)						RPM Java packaging						MACROS.JPACKAGE(7)

NAME
macros.jpackage - RPM macros for Java packagers and developers. Written for the JPackage Project <http://www.jpackage.org/>: SYNOPSIS
%_jvmdir Root directory where all Java VMs/SDK/JREs are installed. %_jvmjardir Root directory where all Java VMs/SDK/JREs expose their jars %_jvmprivdir Root directory for all Java VM/SDK/JRE's private things. %_jvmlibdir Root directory for all architecture dependent parts of Java VM/SDK/JRE's %_jvmdatadir Root directory for all architecture independent parts of Java VM/SDK/JRE's %_jvmsysconfdir Root directory for all configurations parts of Java VM/SDK/JRE's %_jvmcommonlibdir Root directory for all common architecture dependent parts of Java VM/SDK/JRE's %_jvmcommondatadir Root directory for all common architecture independent parts of Java VM/SDK/JRE's %_jvmcommonsysconfdir Root directory for all common configurations parts of Java VM/SDK/JRE's %_javadir Directory where arch and version independent jars are installed. %{_javadir}-ext Directory where version dependent jars are installed. %_{javadir} Directory where arch and version independent jars are installed. %{_javadir}-x.y.z Directory where jars for Java standard x.y.z (usually symlinks to %{_javadir}-ext) are installed. %{_javadir}-utils Directory where Java-related scripts are installed. %_jnidir Directory where arch-specific (JNI) version-independent jars are installed. %_{jnidir}-ext Directory where arch-specific (JNI) version-dependent jars are installed. %_{jnidir}-x.y.z Directory where arch-specific (JNI) jars for Java standard x.y.z (usually symlinks to %{_jnidir}-ext) are installed. %_javadocdir Root directory where all javadoc is installed. %_mavendepmapdir Directory for maven depmaps. %_mavendepmapfragdir Directory for maven depmaps. %java_home Current default JVM home. Calls a set_jvm() from java-functions(7). %ant Default ant command. %jar Default jar command. %java Default java command. Calls a set_jvm() from java-functions(7). %javac Default javac command. %javadoc Default javadoc command. %add_jvm_extension add_jvm_extension should be used in %install by extension packages to declare what extension jars they provide. %add_to_maven_depmap() add_to_depmap adds an entry to the depmap. The arguments are: %1 the original groupid %2 the original artifact id %3 the version %4 the new groupid %5 the new artifactid %update_maven_depmap() update_maven_depmap updates the main maven depmap %jpackage_script() A standard script fot running jpackage positive applications. %1 main class %2 flags %3 options %4 jars (separated by ':') %5 the name of script you wish to create DESCRIPTION
This is a library of generic rpm macros which should be used on jpackage.org compatible distributions. FILES
/etc/rpm/macros.jpackage Definitions of macros. For additional informations look at this file. /use/share/java-utils/java-functions shell script functions library for Java applications /etc/java/java.conf system-wide Java configuration file ~/.java/java.conf user's Java configuration SEE ALSO
Regular Manual Pages java.conf(5) java-functions(7) jpackage-utils(7) AUTHORS
David Walluck <david@jpackage.org> Ville Skytta <scop at jpackage.org> Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas.Mailhot at laPoste.net> REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs using JPackage Bugzilla (http://www.jpackage.org/bugzilla/) jpackage-utils 1.7.5 February 2009 MACROS.JPACKAGE(7)