Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Network routing
Operating Systems Solaris Network routing Post 302921539 by ninjasiat on Saturday 18th of October 2014 03:06:05 AM
Old 10-18-2014
in simple words:
B does not know how to send packets to A

regards...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Routing Network Traffic With Mandrake

I am running Mandrake 8.0 (KDE ver 2.1.1) on a machine with 2 NICs. This is a college project. I am attempting to configure this machine as a firewall, and to pass packets from one network to another. Eth0 is on my external network. Eth1 is on my internal network. I set the gateway in "netconf"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Deuce
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to configure routing on home network

I have a Windows laptop and a Sparc desktop. I'm trying to toy around with routing. If have always on broadband from BT. My router ipaddress is: 192.168.1.1 This router uses DHCP. My Laptop Ip is as follows: Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kongowea
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

ssh server is attachable from local network not from another network

hello i have a ubuntu ssh server that i can acess from any of my comnputers but only if they are on the same wireless network as the server. i tested trhis my tehtehring my samsung blackjack to my windows partition and installing openssh to windows it works when windows is on the wireless but no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: old noob
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Network cards - Routing

Hi all I hate networking, I hate everything to do with it. Its something I do in anger in one contract, then forget. This is more of a question / than a problem. So, on a solaris 10 server, using older qfe cards, Ive got a sun truck with 4 nics (qfe0,3,4,7), and a ipmp pair (hemo0,qfe1).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

Routing traffic problem between 3G and Office Lan Network

Hi, I would like to ask some networking solution regarding my work LAN and 3G usb network problem. I want to route my internet traffic to the 3G network and sometimes connect to some of my work network for ssh to configure some workstation or print something. Currently my problem is i can't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

Test network routing algourithm

hi, I've wrote my own network routing algorithm in java, now i wanna test it and see if it works correctly, also i wanna test it's performance in comparison with other network routing algorithms like RIP. can anyone tell me how can i do this? is there any simulator or something for network routing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gongotar
0 Replies

7. Solaris

No network cable But Network interface is UP and Running

I've one Netra 240 After changing main board and system configuration card reader, Network is not accessible any more, Network interfaces are always UP and Running even when there is no cable connected to Network interfaces. I tried to restart and plumb/unplumb with no luck. ifconfig -a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samer.odeh
7 Replies

8. IP Networking

Test Network Routing Issues (FREEBSD and RHEL)

Hello, I'm attempting to setup a test network with a client-server based architecture using a proprietary application. The client works by communicating with the server on separate links (typically cellular connections) and then initiates a tunnel over each active link. However, in place of the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadyuk
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Network becomes slow and return fast only after restart network

Hi, I have 2 machines in production environment: 1. redhat machine for application 2. DB machine (oracle) The application doing a lot of small read&writes from and to the DB machine. The problem is that after some few hours the network from the application to the DB becomes very slow and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshesa
4 Replies
UDP(7P) 																   UDP(7P)

NAME
UDP - Internet User Datagram Protocol SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
UDP is a simple, unreliable datagram protocol used to support the socket type for the internet protocol family. UDP sockets are connec- tionless, and are normally used with the and calls (see send(2) and recv(2). The call can also be used to simulate a connection (see con- nect(2). When used in this manner, it fixes the destination for future transmitted packets (in which case the or system calls can be used), as well as designating the source from which packets are received. The and calls can be used at any time if the source of the mes- sage is unimportant. UDP address formats are identical to those used by TCP. In particular, UDP requires a port identifier in addition to the normal Internet address format. Note that the UDP port domain is separate from the TCP port domain (in other words, a UDP port cannot be connected to a TCP port). The default send buffer size for UDP sockets is 65535 bytes. The default receive buffer size for UDP sockets is 2147483647 bytes. The send and receive buffer sizes for UDP sockets can be set by using the and options of the system call or the and options of the system call. The maximum size for these buffers is 2147483647 bytes. The maximum receive buffer size may be lowered using the parameter The maximum message size for a UDP datagram socket is limited by the lesser of the maximum size of an IP datagram and the size of the UDP datagram socket buffer. The maximum size of an IP datagram limits the maximum message size of a UDP message to 65507 bytes. Therefore, using the maximum socket buffer size will allow multiple maximum-sized messages to be placed on the send queue. The default inbound and outbound message size limit for a UDP datagram socket is 65535 bytes. The maximum message size for a UDP broadcast is limited by the MTU size of the underlying link. ERRORS
One of the following errors may be returned in if a socket operation fails. For a more detailed list of errors, see the man pages for spe- cific system calls. [EISCONN] Attempt to send a datagram with the destination address specified, when the socket is already connected. [ENOBUFS] No buffer space is available for an internal data structure. [EADDRINUSE] Attempt to create a socket with a port which has already been allocated. [EADDRNOTAVAIL] Attempt to create a socket with a network address for which no network interface exists. AUTHOR
The socket interfaces to UDP were developed by the University of California, Berkeley. SEE ALSO
ndd(1M). getsockopt(2), recv(2), send(2), socket(2), t_open(3), t_optmgmt(3) inet(7F), socket(7), RFC 768 User Datagram Protocol RFC 1122 Requirements for Internet hosts UDP(7P)