Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to run scripts parallely inside shell script? Post 302920964 by sea on Tuesday 14th of October 2014 01:35:38 AM
Old 10-14-2014
@ RavinderSingh: No issues.
There is a space and numbering issue with $PID =="" -> $PID3 == ""
This User Gave Thanks to sea For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run unix commands in a new shell inside a shell script?

Hi , I am having one situation in which I need to run some simple unix commands after doing "chroot" command in a shell script. Which in turn creates a new shell. So scenario is that - I need to have one shell script which is ran as a part of crontab - in this shell script I need to do a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkapil
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run an SQL script inside a shell

How do I create a K Shell which would silently (without user input) logon to Oracle and run an SQL script? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Steve (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stevefox
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run shell script inside expect script?

I have the code like this : shell script continues ... .... expect -c" spawn telnet $ip expect "login:" send \"$usrname\r\" expect "Password:" send \"$passwd\r\" expect "*\>" send \"$cmdstr\r\" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robbiezr
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script parallely with different arguments

Hi! I want to run a script in parallel with different arguments. eg. start script.sh argA script.sh argB script.sh argC end Can someone please tell how to achieve this. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dummyix
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Threads/Tasks to run parallely using the shell script

Scenario: I have two PCs (named as A & B) which would send some traps to my third PC (named as C). In PC C, I have to write a shell script such that it should accept the datas from both the PC-A & B parallely. So my question is, is it possible to have two different child threads/tasks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nthiruvenkatam
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run all the python scripts from particular directory

I have N number of python scripts which i am receiving from REST web server and i am saving them in /home/mandar/ . Now i want to write a script to run all the python scripts from this directory and monitor them every minute...if any process is dead or hung it should be restarted by this script. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mandar Nandale
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run .exe inside shell script

I have to run some shell scripts in Windows using Cygwin. I am able to achieve that using %BASH% --login -i "/cygdrive/d/script.sh" , where %BASH% is an environment variable in Windows set to C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe. I have a created a Cygwin environment variable $EXE_PATH =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemanthJayasimh
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run 2 shell scripts simultaneously from one script

i Run 2 scripts on all of around 50 nodes every day. 1.Mod_1.sh 2.Mod_2.sh eg.. i run file with specific node no like Mod_1.sh NODE_(node number) Mod_2.sh NODE_(node number) I want to run both file by using single script with unique node number. Eg.. Mod_new.sh NODE_(node... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh Mankar
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run multiple procedures from shell script parallely

Hi, I need to write a Shell Script wherein i will connect to a DB2 Database and run multiple DB procedures. I know how to do in a way where procedures will be called one after the other, like when first procedure finishes, second will be executed. But what i want is to run them at the same time... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neelkanth
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture run time of python script executed inside shell script

I have bash shell script which is internally calling python script.I would like to know how long python is taking to execute.I am not allowed to do changes in python script.Please note i need to know execution time of python script which is getting executed inside shell .I need to store execution... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adfire
2 Replies
SHUNIT2(1)																SHUNIT2(1)

NAME
shunit2 - A unit test framework for shell scripts SYNOPSIS
shunit2 unitfile DESCRIPTION
shUnit2 is a xUnit unit test framework for Bourne based shell scripts, and it is designed to work in a similar manner to JUnit, PyUnit, etc.. If you have ever had the desire to write a unit test for a shell script, shUnit2 can do the job. You can either run shunit2 directly from the commandline and specify the unit file or directly source the shunit2 executable. If you directly execute shunit2 and don't specify a unitfile shunit2 assumes a empty testfile and will return without an error message. EXAMPLE
Simple script to test if 1 equals 1 #! /bin/sh testEquality() { assertEquals 1 1 } # load shunit2 . shunit2 Execute shUnit2 unit tests directly from the commandline shunit2 /path/to/unit/file OPTIONS
shunit2 does not support any commandline options at all. You can either source shunit2 to execute your unit tests or directly run shunit2 as a commandline script. SEE ALSO
For more information see http://code.google.com/p/shunit2/ or have a look at the installed documentation in /usr/share/doc/shunit2/ AUTHOR
shunit2 was written by Kate Ward <kate.ward@forestent.com>. This manpage was written by Ulrich Dangel <mru@spamt.net>. 2.1.6 03/25/2012 SHUNIT2(1)