Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to run multiple Queries in a ksh Script? Post 302920654 by JolietJake on Friday 10th of October 2014 04:07:59 PM
Old 10-10-2014
I have this script that does what I want. This reports on uses one
SQL query. What I need to know is how to how to have 3 queries
in the script were queries 1 and 2 create tables that are used
by query 3. Query three performs a query that produces the data the generates the report.

I hope this clarifies things.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run ksh script from cgi

Hi, I'm developing a system which requires me to run a ksh script from within a cgi script. What sort of syntax will I need to do this, I'm sure it's simple but can't find out how anywhere! Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hodges
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple MySql queries in shell script?

Hi guys, i know how to run a single query using mysql embedded in a shell script as follows: `mysql -umyuser -pmypass --host myhost database<<SQL ${query}; quit SQL` However, how would i be able to run several queries within the same connection? The reason for this is i am creating... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script to run other ksh scripts and output it to a file and/or email

Hi I am new to this Scripting process and would like to know How can i write a ksh script that will call other ksh scripts and write the output to a file and/or email. For example ------- Script ABC ------- a.ksh b.ksh c.ksh I need to call all three scripts execute them and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacifican
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

run script through crontab using ksh

hi i have a script called test.sh. the content is ls >> crontest.txt. if i run manually it's giving output.but if i scheduled in crontab it's not giving output. crontab entry: 02 * * * * /sms5/SMSHOME/eds_sh/test.sh >> /sms5/SMSHOME/eds_sh/testfile/logfile 2>&1 I am using ksh.is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store results of multiple sql queries in shell variables in ksh?

Hi, I have a script where I make a sqlplus connection. In the script I have multiple sql queries within that sqlplus connection. I want the result of the queries to be stored in shell variables declared earlier. I dont want to use procedures. Is there anyway else. Thanks in advance.. Cheers (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonchusirsa
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script in a backgroun - ksh

i ran the below in ksh... nohup <script> & it is runnign in background. now how do i see if the above command is success... i also need to bring the command to foreground and view the run details. pls advise how to do that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: billpeter3010
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run multiple .py in ksh?

Hi programmers, say I have 4 files : file1.py,file2.py,file3.py,file4.py How do I, on a korn shell, create one file, run_all, that is one file that sequentially calls file1-file4, but only so if they complete w/o errors? Something like: #!/usr/bin/ksh file1.py /*......????*/ ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sas
7 Replies

8. Linux

How to store count of multiple queries in variables in a shell script?

how to store the count of queries in variables inside a filein shell script my output : filename ------- variable1=result from 1st query variable2=result from 2nd query . . . . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanvel
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i run sql queries from UNIX shell script and retrieve data into text docs of UNIX?

Please share the doc asap as very urgently required. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 24ajay
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

run sql queries from UNIX shell script.

How can i run sql queries from UNIX shell script and retrieve data into text docs of UNIX? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 24ajay
1 Replies
times(1)							   User Commands							  times(1)

NAME
times - shell built-in function to report time usages of the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh times ksh times DESCRIPTION
sh Print the accumulated user and system times for processes run from the shell. ksh Print the accumulated user and system times for the shell and for processes run from the shell. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), sh(1), time(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 times(1)