Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to downgrade cygwin to a part. version? Post 302920532 by lucky7456969 on Thursday 9th of October 2014 09:47:28 PM
Old 10-09-2014
How to downgrade cygwin to a part. version?

I'd like to compile gxemul under cygwin, Here a nice guy who ported the source code, but the prerequisites are needing the exact versions of the libraries https://github.com/fd00/yacp/tree/master/gxemul If I download the setup.exe from canonical cygwin web site, it automatically installs me the latest versions of all the libraries, compilers and stuff, How can I target the libraries to a particular version. Thanks Jack

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cygwin bash startup command weirdness (part 1)

I am running (I believe) the latest stable version of cygwin CYGWIN_NT-5.1 1.5.24(0.156/4/2) 2007-01-31 10:57 i686 Cygwin on a win xp sp2 laptop. Suppose, to make things simple for now (but I may do a part 2 posting...), that I am in a dos shell, and I want to create a bash shell and have it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fabulous2
1 Replies

2. AIX

downgrade from AIX 6.1 to 5.3

Hi all, This is my first post on this forum :) I have a very small AIX admin experience and for my first week in this new company, i got to downgrade a P5 server from AIX 6.1 to 5.3... so I have a few questions because I never did an install of AIX before nor a downgrade.. - No data need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: liumang
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

downgrade sh to 3.1 - debian lenny - how?

Hello, i'd need to downgrade sh to the latest 3.1 version, been trying to pin the version in apt preferences or use aptitude but it doesn't want to work. (Best possible to GNU bash, version 3.1.17(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)) Linux version 2.6.26-2-amd64 (Debian 2.6.26-19lenny2)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Downgrade RedHat EL 5.3 to 5.2

HI, is there any way to downgrade my redhat el-5.3 to el-5.2? thanks... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
10 Replies

5. AIX

Downgrade bos.rte.install ?

Hello, Running AIX 6.1 TL2 SP4. bos.rte.install was upgraded to 6.1.4.1 by accident(commited). I'm trying to downgrade it. On my install DVD I found bos.rte.install_6.1.2.1.bff. So I'm trying to downgrade: # installp -acF -d/soft1 bos.rte.install 6.1.2.1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

Downgrade kernel version with yum

Dear all, Now I need to downgrade my current kernel to 2.6.12 I found some pages with Google, and they said that I can do it with yum, but there is not details information. How can I use yum to downgrade kernel version :wall: Please help me Thank you very much (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hannibal2010
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

opening new instance of cygwin from withing cygwin

I'm using cygwin on win7, What I would like to do is something like this: cygstart cygwin tail -f /foo/test.log | perl -pe 's/error/\e I know I can start a new instance using either of these: mintty -e ... cygstart tail ... But neither of those open in ANSI mode, so I can't do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Validatorian
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Linux Downgrade

Hello Team, What's the procedure to downgrade the kernel . If we modify the grub.conf manually and rebooting to the old version what will be affect ?? Will it work perfect ? Regards, Gowtham.G (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ds4700 / Ds4800 downgrade firmware

Hi I am looking for some info in order to be able to downgrade from 7.60.40.00 to 6.60.02.00 . I have found out it is possible but need to know how - has anyone done it or know where to get the info as to how to much appreciated Patrick Duplicate post. Closed. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Patrick Boyle
0 Replies

10. AIX

Ds4700 / Ds4800 downgrade firmware

Hi I am trying to downgrade a ds4800 from firmware level 7.60.40.00 to 6.60.02.00 apologies think I might have already posted this in th wrong forum - 1st time - so please be gentle your help would be greatly appreciated regards Patrick Boyle (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Patrick Boyle
2 Replies
LWP-DOWNLOAD(1) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   LWP-DOWNLOAD(1)

NAME
lwp-download - Fetch large files from the web SYNOPSIS
lwp-download [-a] [-s] <url> [<local path>] DESCRIPTION
The lwp-download program will save the file at url to a local file. If local path is not specified, then the current directory is assumed. If local path is a directory, then the last segment of the path of the url is appended to form a local filename. If the url path ends with slash the name "index" is used. With the -s option pick up the last segment of the filename from server provided sources like the Content- Disposition header or any redirect URLs. A file extension to match the server reported Content-Type might also be appended. If a file with the produced filename already exists, then lwp-download will prompt before it overwrites and will fail if its standard input is not a terminal. This form of invocation will also fail is no acceptable filename can be derived from the sources mentioned above. If local path is not a directory, then it is simply used as the path to save into. If the file already exists it's overwritten. The lwp-download program is implemented using the libwww-perl library. It is better suited to down load big files than the lwp-request program because it does not store the file in memory. Another benefit is that it will keep you updated about its progress and that you don't have much options to worry about. Use the "-a" option to save the file in text (ascii) mode. Might make a difference on dosish systems. EXAMPLE
Fetch the newest and greatest perl version: $ lwp-download http://www.perl.com/CPAN/src/latest.tar.gz Saving to 'latest.tar.gz'... 11.4 MB received in 8 seconds (1.43 MB/sec) AUTHOR
Gisle Aas <gisle@aas.no> perl v5.16.2 2012-01-13 LWP-DOWNLOAD(1)