Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting data with unstable space Post 302919719 by RudiC on Friday 3rd of October 2014 11:17:38 AM
Old 10-03-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshinhimura
Please notice the date output. the Oct 3, has 2 spaces after Oct.
. . .
Please note that there's no "unstable spaces". The format is very predictable as the 2 spaces after Oct are
- the separator
- the space padded day-of-month output of date.
To avoid the space padding use another format string, e.g.
Code:
date +"%a %b %d %H:%M:%S %Z %Y"
Fri Oct 03 17:11:00 CEST 2014

as opposed to the default
Code:
date
Fri Oct  3 17:17:18 CEST 2014

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

appending space in binary data in c

Hi ... I am having a string in the buffer .. It is binary data it may contain space . When i try to append a space in using strcpy it is taking the inbetween \n as the end and appending space .. How to append space in the binary data in C ?? please let me know Thanks in advance, Arun. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all data before first space occurence

Hi Guyz, Can anyone help me in the following:- I want to delete all that is there in my file that occures before the first space comes. Eg. My file InputFile conatins the following: 123 12345678 87654 Hello 09867 09876654 34567 Happy I want the data occuring before the occurence... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DTechBuddy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching keyword

Good afternoon! Im new at scripting and Im trying to write a script to calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching a keyword (in this one we will use keyword virginia). Please dont be mean or harsh, like I said Im new and trying my best. Scripting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export data from DB2 table to .txt file(space delimited)

Hi I need help on this. Its very urgent for me.. please try to help me out.. I have data in tables in DB2 database. I would like to export the data from DB2 tables into a text file, which has to be space delimited. so that I can carry out awk, grep operations on that file. I tried to export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss3944
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing data that contains space and quote delimiters

I need to write a Bash script to process a data file that is in this format: 1 A B C D E 2 F G "H H" I J As you can see, the data is delimited by a space, but there are also some fields that contain spaces and are surrounded by double-quotes. An example of that is "H H". I wrote... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: RickS
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting variable space width data into CSV data in bash

Hi All, I was wondering how I can convert each line in an input file where fields are separated by variable width spaces into a CSV file. Below is the scenario what I am looking for. My Input data in inputfile.txt 19 15657 15685 Sr2dReader 107.88 105.51... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vharsha
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert space or pattern between columns in a data file

I have a data file where three data sets are written in three columns. Can I increase the space between the columns without reading them? Also can I insert particular patterns, say comma between 1st and 2nd column and colon between 2nd and 3rd column? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: hbar
13 Replies
DATE(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           DATE(1)

NAME
date - print or set the system date and time SYNOPSIS
date [OPTION]... [+FORMAT] date [-u|--utc|--universal] [MMDDhhmm[[CC]YY][.ss]] DESCRIPTION
Display the current time in the given FORMAT, or set the system date. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -d, --date=STRING display time described by STRING, not 'now' --debug annotate the parsed date, and warn about questionable usage to stderr -f, --file=DATEFILE like --date; once for each line of DATEFILE -I[FMT], --iso-8601[=FMT] output date/time in ISO 8601 format. FMT='date' for date only (the default), 'hours', 'minutes', 'seconds', or 'ns' for date and time to the indicated precision. Example: 2006-08-14T02:34:56-06:00 -R, --rfc-email output date and time in RFC 5322 format. Example: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 02:34:56 -0600 --rfc-3339=FMT output date/time in RFC 3339 format. FMT='date', 'seconds', or 'ns' for date and time to the indicated precision. Example: 2006-08-14 02:34:56-06:00 -r, --reference=FILE display the last modification time of FILE -s, --set=STRING set time described by STRING -u, --utc, --universal print or set Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit FORMAT controls the output. Interpreted sequences are: %% a literal % %a locale's abbreviated weekday name (e.g., Sun) %A locale's full weekday name (e.g., Sunday) %b locale's abbreviated month name (e.g., Jan) %B locale's full month name (e.g., January) %c locale's date and time (e.g., Thu Mar 3 23:05:25 2005) %C century; like %Y, except omit last two digits (e.g., 20) %d day of month (e.g., 01) %D date; same as %m/%d/%y %e day of month, space padded; same as %_d %F full date; same as %Y-%m-%d %g last two digits of year of ISO week number (see %G) %G year of ISO week number (see %V); normally useful only with %V %h same as %b %H hour (00..23) %I hour (01..12) %j day of year (001..366) %k hour, space padded ( 0..23); same as %_H %l hour, space padded ( 1..12); same as %_I %m month (01..12) %M minute (00..59) %n a newline %N nanoseconds (000000000..999999999) %p locale's equivalent of either AM or PM; blank if not known %P like %p, but lower case %q quarter of year (1..4) %r locale's 12-hour clock time (e.g., 11:11:04 PM) %R 24-hour hour and minute; same as %H:%M %s seconds since 1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC %S second (00..60) %t a tab %T time; same as %H:%M:%S %u day of week (1..7); 1 is Monday %U week number of year, with Sunday as first day of week (00..53) %V ISO week number, with Monday as first day of week (01..53) %w day of week (0..6); 0 is Sunday %W week number of year, with Monday as first day of week (00..53) %x locale's date representation (e.g., 12/31/99) %X locale's time representation (e.g., 23:13:48) %y last two digits of year (00..99) %Y year %z +hhmm numeric time zone (e.g., -0400) %:z +hh:mm numeric time zone (e.g., -04:00) %::z +hh:mm:ss numeric time zone (e.g., -04:00:00) %:::z numeric time zone with : to necessary precision (e.g., -04, +05:30) %Z alphabetic time zone abbreviation (e.g., EDT) By default, date pads numeric fields with zeroes. The following optional flags may follow '%': - (hyphen) do not pad the field _ (underscore) pad with spaces 0 (zero) pad with zeros ^ use upper case if possible # use opposite case if possible After any flags comes an optional field width, as a decimal number; then an optional modifier, which is either E to use the locale's alter- nate representations if available, or O to use the locale's alternate numeric symbols if available. EXAMPLES
Convert seconds since the epoch (1970-01-01 UTC) to a date $ date --date='@2147483647' Show the time on the west coast of the US (use tzselect(1) to find TZ) $ TZ='America/Los_Angeles' date Show the local time for 9AM next Friday on the west coast of the US $ date --date='TZ="America/Los_Angeles" 09:00 next Fri' DATE STRING
The --date=STRING is a mostly free format human readable date string such as "Sun, 29 Feb 2004 16:21:42 -0800" or "2004-02-29 16:21:42" or even "next Thursday". A date string may contain items indicating calendar date, time of day, time zone, day of week, relative time, rela- tive date, and numbers. An empty string indicates the beginning of the day. The date string format is more complex than is easily docu- mented here but is fully described in the info documentation. AUTHOR
Written by David MacKenzie. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report date translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/date> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) date invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 DATE(1)