Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Help with autos and mount bind Post 302919452 by achenle on Wednesday 1st of October 2014 11:00:51 AM
Old 10-01-2014
What is the output from "mount" on all the servers?

Last edited by achenle; 10-01-2014 at 12:06 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to mount a hotswap scsi drive on a solaris 2.6 netra box using the mount command?

Hi... question is this: How do I mount an LVD hotswap scsi drive in bay #2 on a netra using the mount command? volmgt doesn't seem to mount it and/or I don't know how to view the drives data if it's formatted which it may not be. This drive is not new out of the box so I'm not sure. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soulshaker
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount -t cifs permission denied by mount -t smbfs works fine

I am having trouble mounting with cifs, but mounting the exact same command with smbfs works fine. The share is on another samba server and is set to full public guest access. # mount -t cifs //servername/sharename /mnt/temp -o password="" mount error 13 = Permission denied Refer to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: humbletech99
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

Can't see home folder on one NFS mount but can in another mount on another share

Hello, I have a few Ubuntu 9.10 laptops I'm trying to learn NFS sharing with. I am just experimenting on this right now, so no harsh words about the security of what I'm playing with, please ;) Below are the configs /etc/exports on host /home/woodnt/Homeschool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount --bind

I read it create hard link but I want to be sure, what does this command do exactly? Thank in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: programAngel
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't bind to IP

When you get the message can't bind to ip already in use. is there a command to search to see everything that is using that IP? I've already check the host and hostname files (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mchelle_99
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to mount nas-share using generated credentials (mount EC 13,32)

Heyas At home i have 1 nas with 3 shares, of which i used to mount 2 of them using a script with hardcoded password and username in it. EDIT: Turns out, its not the script, but 'how i access' the nas share.. (-o user=XY,password=... VS. -o credentials=...). Figured about credential files,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Linux Bind mount issues.

Hi All, we have an issue in bind mounting LINUX. we are able to see the bound mounts in mount command and df -h <file system name> but they are not visible in normal df -h command. all these mounts are local mounts. we have a /xyz is mount and abc is a directory in /xyz ( /xyz/abc ) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Naveen.6025
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Mount point bind issues

Hi ALL I am unable to do mount bind to connect new storage Once I run the below commands both file systems were empty Code: mount --bind /prod/OpenCSS /var/lib/test Code: echo "/prod/OpenCSS /var/lib/pgsql bind bind 0 0" >> /etc/fstab Please use code tags for code and data (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil529
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bind

Hi All I need to do bind of exiting filesystem to new storage allocated mount --bind /prod/OpenCSS /var/lib/test echo "/prod/OpenCSS /var/lib/pgsql bind bind 0 0" >> /etc/fstab will this command just work ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil529
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to create a new mount point with 600GB and add 350 GBexisting mount point? IN AIX

How to create a new mount point with 600GB and add 350 GBexisting mount point Best if there step that i can follow or execute before i mount or add diskspace IN AIX Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thilagarajan
2 Replies
MNT(3)							     Library Functions Manual							    MNT(3)

NAME
mnt - attach to 9P servers SYNOPSIS
#M DESCRIPTION
The mount driver is used by the mount system call (but not bind; see bind(2)) to connect the name space of a process to the service pro- vided by a 9P server over a communications channel. After the mount, system calls involving files in that portion of the name space will be converted by the mount driver into the appropriate 9P messages to the server. The mount system call issues session and attach(5) messages to the server to identify and validate the user of the connection. Each dis- tinct user of a connection must mount it separately; the mount driver multiplexes the access of the various users and their processes to the service. File-oriented system calls are converted by the kernel into messages in the 9P protocol. Within the kernel, 9P is implemented by procedure calls to the various kernel device drivers. The mount driver translates these procedure calls into remote procedure calls to be transmit- ted as messages over the communication channel to the server. Each message is implemented by a write of the corresponding protocol message to the server channel followed by a read on the server channel to get the reply. Errors in the reply message are turned into system call error returns. A read(2) or write system call on a file served by the mount driver may be translated into more than one message, since there is a maximum data size for a 9P message. The system call will return when the specified number of bytes have been transferred or a short reply is returned. The string is an illegal file name, so this device can only be accessed directly by the kernel. SEE ALSO
bind(2) SOURCE
/sys/src/9/port/devmnt.c BUGS
When mounting a service through the mount driver, that is, when the channel being multiplexed is itself a file being served by the mount driver, large messages may be broken in two. MNT(3)