Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris bash vulnerability update Post 302919151 by orange47 on Sunday 28th of September 2014 03:13:45 PM
Old 09-28-2014
I don't understand this bug. Does attacker need account?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Constant update echo in BASH

Hi all, Basically Im trying to put the current time in a script in BASH. Tried the watch command, but its not really what I want. I will have lots of things in this script, current date and time being just a few). Any ideas? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikejreading
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Undo the Veritas mirroring and update from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10

Hi all I wish to undo the mirroring for root and update the Solaris version from 8 to 10. Since i am lack of knowledge and experience on this, hope you all can help me double check the step and correct me. Existing disk groups details root@leo # vxdg list NAME STATE ID... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Install update 6 on solaris with update 3

I want to update my solaris 10 server which is currently on update 3 stage. A new application require it to be on update 6. What is the best way to make it update 6. should i just install the patch or should i go for the liveupgrade?? thanks for you help in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxravi
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update ksh .profile to launch bash

Hi I don't have chsh option. I want to launch bash instead of ksh ( or launch bash from ksh .profile) how can I do this ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update a mysql column via bash script

Hello, I want to check the value of all MySQL columns.(column name is "status") via bash script. If value is "0" at I want to make only single column value to "1" I have many "0" values on mysql database(on "status" column) "0" means it is a draft post. I want to publish a post. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tara123
2 Replies

6. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Bash vulnerability

Not sure if there is a post about it here somewhere already. Anyway: Remote exploit vulnerability in bash CVE-2014-6271 | CSO Online (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaxxon
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

RedHat 5 update 9 BASH update issue

Hi i want to update the BASH because of the "shell shock" vulnerability. my RedHat 5 is clean install with the default mirror site. when im running the command: yum update bash im getting a message saying there is no update. you can see in the attach picture... what am i doing wrong? is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to update files to be used by awk

In the below bash there are 6 .txt files in /home/cmccabe/Desktop/comparison/ref_val/ that are being updated from the 6 .vcf files in /home/cmccabe/Desktop/comparison/validation/files/*.vcf. The awk in the post updates the files with the information, however the files are not being updated so the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash FPATH code update

In this post at 302451613-post2.html the link to the code comes up not found. The thread is closed, so I was unable to ask on the thread itself and I do not have enough posts yet to send a private message (or write out a proper html link). Does the author (jim mcanamara) have an updated link? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: matthewpersico
2 Replies

10. Solaris

How to update Solaris 10 Update 3 to Update 11?

Hi friends, We have a Solaris machine running 10 update 3 -bash-3.2# cat /etc/release Solaris 10 11/06 s10s_u3wos_10 SPARC Copyright 2006 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Use is subject to license terms. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
6 Replies
dsenableroot(8) 					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					   dsenableroot(8)

NAME
dsenableroot -- enables or disables the root account. SYNOPSIS
dsenableroot [-d] [-u username] [-p password] [-r rootPassword] DESCRIPTION
dsenableroot sets the password for the root account if enabling the root user account. Otherwise, if disable [-d] is chosen, the root account passwords are removed and the root user is disabled. A list of flags and their descriptions: -u username Username of a user that has administrative privileges on this computer. -p password Password to use in conjunction with the specified username. If this is not specified, you will be prompted for entry. -r rootPassword Password to be used for the root account. If this is not specified for enabling, you will be prompted for entry. EXAMPLES
-dsenableroot Your username will be used and you will be queried for both your password and the new root password to be set to enable the root account. -dsenableroot -d Your username will be used and you will be queried for only your password to disable the root account. -dsenableroot -u username -p userpassword -r rootpassword The supplied arguments will be used to enable the root account. -dsenableroot -d -u username -p userpassword The supplied arguments will be used to disable the root account. Mac OS August 08 2003 Mac OS