Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Shell Scripting , Moving Old file to specific folder Post 302917175 by Don Cragun on Monday 15th of September 2014 12:44:02 AM
Old 09-15-2014
Do not post classroom or homework problems in the main forums. Homework and coursework questions can only be posted in this forum under special homework rules.

Please review the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

Please review the guidelines for posting homework and repost.

This thread is closed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving a file to a new folder and automated ftp

how to move a file to a different folder after an automated FTP . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dineshr85
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for moving all the file from the same folder

Hi , I need a shell script which basicaly moves all the files from one folder say folder x to folder y and once they are moved to folder y a datetimestamp should be attached to there name for ex file a should be moved to y folder and renamed as a_20081015 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: viv1
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

moving file from one folder to another

i have created file in one of the folders on unix UNIX 's36tou -T XYZ /tmp/p400/dataout/ias/AB >/dev/null I am using above command to copy file from one system to unix XYZ is name of file on my system usually this name is very big so i use -T to trim some charaters from name. noe... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajit.yadav83
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving 100K file to another folder using 1 command

Hi, I need to move 1000s of files from one folder to another. Actually there are 100K+ files. Source dir : source1 Target dir : target1 Now if try cp or mv commands I am getting an error message : Argument List too long. I tried to do it by the time the files are created in the source... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unx100
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy specific file.txt in specific folder?

hye there... i have a problem to copy file in specific folder that will change the name according to host,time(%m%s) and date(%Y%M%D) example folder name: host_20100531.154101801 this folder name will always change... but i just want to copy the AAA.txt and BBB.txt file.. really need... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: annetote
17 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for moving 3 days old file to Archive Folder

Hi Experts, I have a "Source" folder which may contain some files. I need a shell script which should move all files which are older than 3 days to "Archive" folder. Thanks in Advance... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani333
4 Replies

7. Programming

Perl - Moving file based upon filesize in folder

Hi I'm trying to look through a series of directories in A folder, lets just call it A: for example: A/1 A/2 A/3 Etc and I wish to move the files in the folder if they are bigger than a certain size into a structure like below: A/TooBig/1 A/TooSmall/1 A/TooBig/2 A/TooSmall/2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PerlNewbRP
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting-I need a script which should watch a directory for a file with specific directory

I need a script which should watch a directory for a file with specific directory. If it finds a file in directory, it should search for few specific keyword in the file. if the keyword exists, it should trim string from specific column. The file should be moved to another directory and the a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashdeepak
8 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell Scripting , Moving Old file to specific folder

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: There are files stored like 14.Aug.2014.log, 15.Aug.2014.log etc. in a folder $HOME/log you need to find out all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shajoftaj
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting for moving folder specific files into target directory of that country folder.

I need help to write shell script to copy files from one server to another server. Source Directory UAE(inside i have another folder Misc with files inside UAE folder).I have to copy this to another server UAE folder( Files should be copied to UAE folder and Misc files should be copied in target... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naresh2389
3 Replies
DOVEADM-LOG(1)							      Dovecot							    DOVEADM-LOG(1)

NAME
doveadm-log - Locate, test or reopen Dovecot's log files SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] log errors doveadm [-Dv] log find [directory] doveadm [-Dv] log reopen doveadm [-Dv] log test DESCRIPTION
The doveadm log commands are used to locate and reopen the log files of dovecot(1). It's also possible to test the configured targets of the *log_path settings. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. COMMANDS
log errors doveadm log errors The log errors command is used to show the last - up to 1,000 - errors and warnings. If no output is generated, no errors have occurred since the last start. log find doveadm log find [directory] The log find command is used to show the location of the log files, to which dovecot(1) sends its log messages. If dovecot(1) logs its messages through syslogd(8) and doveadm(1) could not find any log files, you can specify the directory where your syslogd writes its log files. log reopen doveadm log reopen This command causes doveadm to reopen all log files, configured in the log_path, info_log_path and debug_log_path settings. These settings are configured in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-logging.conf. This is for example useful after manually rotating the log files. log test doveadm log test This command causes doveadm to write the message "This is Dovecot's priority log (timestamp)" to the configured log files. The used prior- ities are: debug, info, warning, error and fatal. EXAMPLE
This example shows how to locate the log files used by dovecot(1). doveadm log find Looking for log files from /var/log Debug: /var/log/dovecot.debug Info: /var/log/mail.log Warning: /var/log/mail.log Error: /var/log/mail.log Fatal: /var/log/mail.log REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1) Dovecot v2.1 2012-02-22 DOVEADM-LOG(1)