Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create summery of al users + date Post 302916686 by nimafire on Thursday 11th of September 2014 10:10:31 AM
Old 09-11-2014
im using redhat OS - Centos,
i have create tem username so the password modification time of user is as same as the time that it has created in my machine ,
i want to list all user + create time when run script
sh date

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

create users from template

Create users from template file (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rijeshpp
0 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to create users on HP UX????

I new to unix and I'm using a HP UX and I'm logging in as user: root. I wish to create new users by using the 'useradd' command. When I keyed in' useradd -u 101 -g group john', the reply was 'Group group specified with -g does not exist'. I've read the man page on useradd and I still don't... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mascotlee
8 Replies

3. Solaris

Can't create users in /home

Hi Friends,, I installed solaris 10 in vmware just now.I got a simple problem while i want to create users in /home directory.It is saying "cannot create ".So i checked the permission and then i find that the perm to user(root) is r-x.So i tried to change it to rwx using chmod but again i got a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdspawankumar
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

summery calculation

Hi All I want to make summery for Date=245Duration=545 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nalakaatslt
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

summery calculation

Hi All I want to make summery for Date=245Duration=545 Date=245Duration=10 Date=245Duration=278 Date=246Duration=30 Date=246Duration=178 Date=246Duration=414 Date=247Duration=17 Date=247Duration=281 Date=247Duration=9 Date=248Duration=968 Date=248Duration=550 Date=248Duration=1011... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nalakaatslt
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to create users in NIS

How to create users in NIS server in solaris Thanks in Advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create new users

Hi , i would like to create a new user over unix ,which are these commands to used and which are the directories to handler? Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dimitris
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

help to create script for added date to list users

hi my friends im asking for the possibility to creat a script in ubuntu for added date to list users for doing this : - search in debug connected user of all connected users - if a new user is connect for the first time to my server the script record the date of the connection and added it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amzioujda
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create multiple users with individual passwords to users

hi, i am new to shell scripts i write a shell script to create multiple users but i need to give passwords to that users while creating users, command to write this script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DONFOX
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing Date in the file with Create date and timestamp

Hello, I have files that with a naming convention as shown below. Some of the files have dates in the file name and some of them don't have dates in the file name. imap-hp-import-20150917.txt imap-dell-gec-import-20150901.txt imap-cvs-import-20150915.txt imap-gec-import.txt... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saanvi1
8 Replies
su(1)							      General Commands Manual							     su(1)

Name
       su - substitute a user ID

Syntax
       su [username]

su - [username]

su -f [username]

Description
       The  command  requests the password of the specified username.  If the correct password is given, changes to that username without changing
       the current directory.  The user environment is unchanged except for HOME and SHELL which are taken from the password file entry for  user-
       name.   The  shell  that  is  run  is also taken from the password file entry for username.  The new user ID stays in force until the shell
       exits.

If no username is specified, `root' is assumed.	To remind the superuser of his responsibilities, the shell substitutes `#' for	its  usual
       prompt.

Options
       -f   Prevents from executing the .cshrc file, making start up faster.

-    Simulates a full login.

Diagnostics
       Sorry
	    An invalid password was supplied for the specified username.

Unknown login: username
	    The specified username was not found in the passwd database.

No directory
	    The home directory for the username is not accessible at this time (only with ``-'' argument).

No shell
	    The shell specified in the passwd database entry for username could not be executed.

Kerberos initialization failure
	    Consult your system administrator.

If enhanced security features are enabled the following error messages are also possible:

Requires secure terminal
	    Attempt to su to UID 0 on a line that is not marked secure in

User's password has expired
	    Access is denied because the password for username is expired.

This account is disabled
	    Access is denied because the auth entry corresponding to username is marked disabled.

Files
       Log file of anyone who became
			root, with a date mark.

See Also
       csh(1), sh(1), passwd(5yp), environ(7), edauth(8)
       Security Guide for Administrators
       Security Guide for Users

su(1)