Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Sendmail TLS and Certificate? Post 302916383 by jduehmig on Tuesday 9th of September 2014 03:22:34 PM
Old 09-09-2014
Thanks for the reply. This will be only for server-to-server communications, no clients will connect to the Unix box. Does that make a difference? Can you point me to any documentation on this?
Thanks,
Joe

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Implementing TLS with Sendmail and having problem with cert request

Hi. One of my company's customers requires mails to be sent to them to use TLS. Thanks to some good documentation on the web, I've got this mostly figured out, but now I'm stuck at generating the CSR. My company's mail domain is sg.bunny.com (not real address, obviously), but the email gateway... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pierreery
0 Replies

2. Solaris

DSEE 6.3.1 with TLS:simple

Hello guys, I have been trying to set up my DSEE 6.3 on Solaris 10 using proxy with tls:simple authentication. I follow all the steps mentioned in the Installation Guide on Sun's site but there is a problem with ldapclient init when I use hostname instead of IP address in the Default Server... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: niyazi
12 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

How to disable TLS 1.0 support in Solaris

Hey Guys, I have a couple servers that are getting flagged by by our network security team. How do I disable TLS 1.0 protocol within Solaris? The vulnerability is : CVE-2011-3389 TLS-SSL Server Blockwise Chosen-Boundary Browser Weakness (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: s ladd
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSL/TLS with openldap

Hello to all, I'm beguinner in Linux instalations and I'm trying to Communicate from Web Sites that i have running under apache with openLDAP for users authentication using SSL mediation that seems to be connected with LDAPS. Can someone advise me how to do this, I have already installed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CPMarco
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP over implicit TLS

Here are the essentials: un: myuser pw: mypasswd site: sftp.somesite.com port: 990 type: FTPS enc: FTP over implicit TLS program used: Curl 7.1.x on Hpux 11.31 I would like to "put" 1 file on there server. Here is my syntax, what am I doing wrong? curl -3 -v --cacert... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: olyanderson
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with Sendmail AUTH and TLS

Greetings. I desperately need help to get my sendmail configuration working again. I followed this guide: Unmemorable Memories » Blog Archive » Enabling SMTP-AUTH for Sendmail on Debian Linux 3.1 to enable TLS and AUTH in sendmail and now I get an error I just cannot find any information... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr.Glaurung
1 Replies

7. AIX

AIX sendmail and tls

The situation Version AIX7.1/8.14.4 Compiled with: DNSMAP LDAPMAP LDAP_REFERRALS LOG MAP_REGEX MATCHGECOS MILTER MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NDBM NETINET NETINET6 NETUNIX NEWDB NIS NISPLUS PIPELINING SCANF STARTTLS USERDB USE_LDAP_INIT XDEBUG... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Does vsftpd support user access with client certificate with priv/pub key + vsftpd certificate?

:rolleyes:I am trying to setup all certificate based client-server environment in Linux using vsftpd and curl with openssl. I would like to make a user access with vsftpd certificate and user own client certificate (self-signed) with private/public key. I don't see google posts about the my plan... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogogo
4 Replies

9. Solaris

How to configure CUPS on Solaris 11.3 - TLS and no TLS?

We are implementing CUPS on a new Solaris 11.3 system. The same system will run an application where users can print to networked printers inside our organisation, or to a printer outside of our organisation over the internet. For users printing to internal network printers, no encryption is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SallyB
0 Replies
AUSCOPE(1)						      General Commands Manual							AUSCOPE(1)

NAME
auscope - Network Audio System Protocol Filter SYNOPSIS
auscope [ option ] ... DESCRIPTION
auscope is an audio protocol filter that can be used to view the network packets being sent between an audio application and an audio server. auscope is written in Perl, so you must have Perl installed on your machine in order to run auscope. If your Perl executable is not installed as /usr/local/bin/perl, you should modify the first line of the auscope script to reflect the Perl executable's location. Or, you can invoke auscope as perl auscope [ option ] ... assuming the Perl executable is in your path. To operate, auscope must know the port on which it should listen for audio clients, the name of the desktop machine on which the audio server is running and the port to use to connect to the audio server. Both the output port (server) and input port (client) are automati- cally biased by 8000. The output port defaults to 0 and the input port defaults to 1. ARGUMENTS
-i<input-port> Specify the port that auscope will use to take requests from clients. -o<output-port> Determines the port that auscope will use to connect to the audio server. -h<audio server name> Determines the desktop machine name that auscope will use to find the audio server. -v<print-level> Determines the level of printing which auscope will provide. The print-level can be 0 or 1. The larger numbers provide greater output detail. EXAMPLES
In the following example, mcxterm is the name of the desktop machine running the audio server, which is connected to the TCP/IP network host tcphost. auscope uses the desktop machine with the -h command line option, will listen for client requests on port 8001 and connect to the audio server on port 8000. Ports (file descriptors) on the network host are used to read and write the audio protocol. The audio client auplay will connect to the audio server via the TCP/IP network host tcphost and port 8001: auscope -i1 -o0 -hmcxterm auplay -audio tcp/tcphost:8001 dial.snd In the following example, the auscope verbosity is increased to 1, and the audio client autool will connect to the audio server via the network host tcphost, while displaying its graphical interface on another server labmcx: auscope -i1 -o0 -hmcxterm -v1 autool -audio tcp/tcphost:8001 -display labmcx:0.0 SEE ALSO
nas(1), perl(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1994 Network Computing Devices, Inc. AUTHOR
Greg Renda, Network Computing Devices, Inc. 1.9.3 AUSCOPE(1)