Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VirtualBox
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Virtualization and Cloud Computing VirtualBox Post 302915354 by Ankur Goyal on Tuesday 2nd of September 2014 01:24:59 PM
Old 09-02-2014
VirtualBox

I want to change my virtual box disk to immutable. When I try to do that I get the following error.

Error changing medium type from Normal to Immutable.
Cannot change the type of medium '/root/VirtualBox VMs/fedora13/fedora13.vmdk' because it is attached to 1 virtual machines
Please help me how to resolve this. My host system is RHEL 5.6

Last edited by fpmurphy; 09-02-2014 at 10:54 PM..

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

OpenSolaris on VirtualBox

I've just installed VirtualBox on my PC and installed OpenSolaris as a virtual machine within it. The PC connects to the internet via a router and uses DHCP to get its IP address. How do I configure the OpenSolaris virtual machine to use the same DHCP server so I can connect it to the net. At the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
4 Replies

2. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

NetBSD on VirtualBox

Hello, guys! I use Ubuntu 9.04 as desktop operating system and I want to make some tests on NetBSD. I tried to install as a virtual sistem on VirtualBox but it doesn't want to install. You can see the error in the attached file. Do you guys have any clue about what the problem could be? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
3 Replies

3. SCO

SCO 6 + Virtualbox 2 == no NIC

Has anyone installed SCO 6 in Virtualbox? I was quite successful with 5.0.6 but then when I tried SCO 6, it will not report any nic (I am using resmgr to see who is there). The available cards under virtualbox are pcnet-pci II and II, and a few intel/pro 1000s. I have installed the maintenance pack... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dalek
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Clone on virtualBox

Hello; Please,I did the clone on virtualBox, but the machines have the same IP address: eth2 Link encap: Ethernet HWaddr 8:00:27: f0: 92:19 inet addr: 192.168.1.4 Bcast: 192.168.1.255 Mask: 255.255.255.0 how to change the address please? Thank you so much (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
6 Replies
Moose::Cookbook::Basics::Immutable(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		     Moose::Cookbook::Basics::Immutable(3)

NAME
Moose::Cookbook::Basics::Immutable - Making Moose fast by making your class immutable VERSION
version 2.0604 SYNOPSIS
package Point; use Moose; has 'x' => ( isa => 'Int', is => 'ro' ); has 'y' => ( isa => 'Int', is => 'rw' ); __PACKAGE__->meta->make_immutable; DESCRIPTION
The Moose metaclass API provides a "make_immutable()" method. Calling this method does two things to your class. First, it makes it faster. In particular, object construction and destruction are effectively "inlined" in your class, and no longer invoke the meta API. Second, you can no longer make changes via the metaclass API, such as adding attributes. In practice, this won't be a problem, as you rarely need to do this after first loading the class. CONCLUSION
We strongly recommend you make your classes immutable. It makes your code much faster, with a small compile-time cost. This will be especially noticeable when creating many objects. AUTHOR
Moose is maintained by the Moose Cabal, along with the help of many contributors. See "CABAL" in Moose and "CONTRIBUTORS" in Moose for details. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Infinity Interactive, Inc.. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-09-19 Moose::Cookbook::Basics::Immutable(3)