Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to Append the output of a script running in remote server to a file in local server? Post 302914814 by RudiC on Thursday 28th of August 2014 05:39:55 AM
Old 08-28-2014
Redirect stderr to another text file to capture the err msg. If you need the server as well, you have to take care of that in your script, e.g. echo the server name to stderr if an exit code is not zero.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove the thread thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove this thread. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can a script runned in local server access remote server?

Hi, Im creating a script that is supposed to run commands on remote server using sftp. My script is as below: #!/bin/ksh sftp remote_server mypassword cd /u08/mydir/allfiles mget * .. But this is what I got when I runned the script: Connecting to remote server...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: luna_soleil
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to stop a script running in remote server from local script

Hi, I have googled for quite some time and couldn't able to get what exactly I am looking for.. My query is "how to stop a shell script which is running inside a remote server, using a script"??? can any one give some suggestions to sort this out. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mannepalli
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh help - getting the output of remote script to local server.

Hi, I have a script that runs for an hour. Have to run it on remote server and need the output it produces on the remote server to decide for failure or success. I run it through a Autosys Job which logs the outputs, both 1 & 2. I use the commands 1) rsh <SERVER> 'nohup /tmp/xyz.ksh &' 2)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aster007
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

check web server running on local and on remote machine

Hi , How to check whether web server is running from remote machine How to check whether web server is running on web server itself Can any one help me soon (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satheeshkr_cse
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

preserving the timestamp of a file when copied from remote server to local server using ftp

Hi, I need to copy few files from remote server to local server. I write a shell script to connect to the remote server using ftp and go to that path. Now i need to copy those files in the remote directory to my local server with the timestamp of all those files shouldnt be changed. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumarmc
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a file in remote server from local server?

hi, can anyone tell me how can i store the names of a file that are in remote server to a file and then get the file that contains the name in local server? there is a remote server where 5 files are present , say a.txt b.txt c.txt d.txt e.txt i want to write a script in my local... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Script to get files from remote server to local server through sftp without prompting for password

Hi, I am trying to automate the process of fetching files from remote server to local server through sftp. I have the username and password for the remote solaris server. But I need to give password manually everytime i run the script. Can anyone help me in automating the script such that it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep remote multiple hosts output to local server

Hello all, i'm trying to create a report by greping a pattern on multiple remote hosts and creta a simple report, actually i did this, is ther any better way to do this. #!/bin/bash for host in `cat RemoteHosts` do ssh $host -C 'hostname 2>&1; grep ERROR /var/log/WebServer.log.2019-09-21... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
0 Replies
GRC(1)							      General Commands Manual							    GRC(1)

NAME
grc - frontend for generic colouriser grcat(1) SYNOPSIS
grc [options] command [args] DESCRIPTION
grc will execute command command with optional parameters [args] piping its stdout or stderr into grcat, with apropriate configuration file. Configuration file for grc is determined by /etc/grc.conf file. Format of /etc/grc.conf: each entry consists of 2 lines, between entries there can be any number of empty lines or lines beginning with # (comments) First line is regular expression, second line the name of configuration file for grcat. Configuration file after the first regular expression matching command [args] will be passed to grcat as its configuration file OPTIONS
--help Show summary of options. --version Display version. -e --stderr Redirect error output. Unless -s is selected as well, this cancels redirection of standard output via grcat -s --stdout Redirect standard output. Used to redirect standard output together with --stderr option. --colour=x x is one of on off auto --colour=on will colourise (default) --colour=off will just execute command without colourising. --colour=auto will test if standard output is a tty, and colourise only when it is. SEE ALSO
grcat(1) AUTHOR
Written by Radovan Garabik <garabik @ kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk> GRC(1)